Forums

Topic: Not enough power or lazy developers

Posts 81 to 93 of 93

Hy8ogen

@Jaz007 I never said that the DS4 lacks gyro. Although I do stand corrected on using the term Motion sensor incorrectly and I apologize for using the wrong term. What I mean is the motion sensing technology like the Wii mote/PS Move has and not the six-axis sensor. The infra-red sensor has extremely limited uses so far, but that technology has much more potential compared to the light bar the DS4 has. Also do note that you will need an extra peripheral to utilize the LED light. AFAIK, you can't turn the LED off completely. Just out of curiosity, what are the uses for the light bar? The only game I know that utilizes the light bar is the play room.

The DS4 is a very good controller, much better than the Pro/Xbone (IMO anyways), but you can't compare it to the Gamepad. They are just different gadgets.

Just ignore someone if they bother you, please, without further taunting — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Jaz007

@Hy8ogen. I see, now that I looked it up, the DS4 has 6-axis and the gmepad has 9-axis support. I wonder how it'll play out with that as I admit I don't know how significant the difference is; from playing Nintendo Land it probably is more accurate in a noticeable way, but I don't know how much for sure. I also agree that the infrared sensor bar could do more than the light bar in the future, it's just that it not really being mentioned in a game since the Wii U announcement is why I think the lightbar has more promise currently. I also see you're right about turning off the DS4's led, I thought you could do more than dim it, dang. I also agree with them being very different beasts with different strengths and weaknesses. Not completely incomparablec necessarily, but still very different.
Outside of the playroom I don't know of current uses outside of changing depending on something in the game.

Jaz007

Hy8ogen

@Jaz007 I think that's just typical Nintendo marketing. I bet 50% of the Wii U owners didn't even know that the Gamepad has the NFC sensor in it until the amiibo announcement. I know this for a fact because a few friends of mine dropped their jaws saying "WUT?!" during E3's video and these people had their Wii Us for like 8 months now. Sometimes I wonder how did the marketing department people at Nintendo still keeping their jobs.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

DBPirate

They wanted to port it from last gen, and since last gen can't run it, there is nothing to port.

[/quote]

Like I said, lazy developers.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

SkywardLink98

dumedum wrote:

Ghostwalker wrote:

Hi its come to my attention and im starting to think is the wii u under-powered or is it down to lazy developers,my guess is that it is developers,thats my opinion,lets here sum more???

Neither really. They're not lazy, just stupid, short sighted, boring, and irrelevant really to Wii U's success. Wii U largely depends on how successful Nintendo titles are on it, like Mario Kart, Smash etc. Third parties sometime succeed, like they did with Just Dance, but that's rare. They're just too mediocre.

You outlined right there why 3rd parties avoid Nintendo. You buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and 3rd parties know that. They could change it sure, but that's like leading a charge without knowing who's behind you.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

SCRAPPER392

@Hy8ogen
That's the thing, though. Nintendo will market what they think is worth marketing. It doesn't do much good to advertise NFC if it doesn't do much of anything. I guess they could have advertised Pokemon Rumble more heavily, but there just isn't much to advertise, anyway. As far as I know, Mario Kart 8 got advertised well, Pikmin 3 got advertised on YouTube, and they'll probably advertise alot of the games coming out later this year.

@Jaz007
I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone who knows what those features are would know they can be done just as well. The issue is that Sony doesn't use those features nearly as often, not that the features are worse.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

Yeah, NFC wasn't going to matter until they put a heavy focus on Nintendo toys anyway, unless all of the Skylander Wii owners went to Wii U (which clearly didn't happen...at least not yet)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RancidVomit86

I'm going to choose not to call the devs lazy. There's a lot of people who put a lot of work and hours into games so we can enjoy them. I will give them some respect rather than insults. If it's a bad then so be it but that doesn't mean they didn't try.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

unrandomsam

I think it is more the wrong choices made.

If you look at something like the Operation G.H.O.S.T Arcade machine. It runs on pretty modest hardware but it is what I think a console game should be like in terms of quality. (Its hard to see it from youtube videos). If they have more people and more money the only explanation for it can be somebody chooses not to.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

unrandomsam

DBPirate wrote:

They wanted to port it from last gen, and since last gen can't run it, there is nothing to port.

Like I said, lazy developers.

[/quote]

Nintendo is just as lazy. See NSMB2 / Kirby : Triple Deluxe / Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

The 3DS can do 60fps with 3D on. Jett Rocket 2 managed it as is Smash and ALBW did they just couldn't be bothered putting in the effort.

sadegh93

i think wii u power is almost enough , i think the problem is that 3rd party developers think their games doesn't sell good on wii u

Nintendo Switch Lite Review (2023):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMSdHb511zc

Twitter:

Jazzer94

gp993 wrote:

i think wii u power is almost enough , i think the problem is that 3rd party developers think their games doesn't sell good on wii u

Looking at sales from third party games so far who can blame them for thinking that.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

unrandomsam

Jazzer94 wrote:

gp993 wrote:

Looking at sales from third party games so far who can blame them for thinking that.

Looking at the quality of them I think the prices they are selling at are quite close to what they are worth.

Sonic Lost World
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Those three have held their value far better.

The launch title ports that were better than the PS360 ones are just as cheap on the 360 PS3 (Or Steam).

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.