Forums

Topic: No new game should cost $99.99

Posts 21 to 40 of 44

unrandomsam

The figures even at RRP for Pokemon Rumble U cost about the same as this IAP.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

MikeLove

N64 games in Canada were often around $90 when they were released.

MikeLove

Jaz007

Yeah, that's common in FTP games. It's also why I don't buy anything in them. I would consider buying a something in Warframe (it would be a warframe), but the price for it is be too high. I can understand why they do it, since they have to rely on the few people who will buy to make money, but it stinks non the less.

Jaz007

SleepyCrossing

Games like these are bad for the video game industry (and society, quite honestly) in general.

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

unrandomsam

Figure platform's / DLC are part of the same problem as well.

Used games are the reason we don't get hardly anything on Nintendo Selects either. (Look at what the Gamecube Players Choice had and when - Compare with the Wii Nintendo Selects). Digital is the only solution to making sure Nintendo can actually get paid.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Kevlar44

KennyPowers wrote:

I genuinely don't remember that being the case where i'm from. I think a game with the expansion pack included could cost as much as 60-70 but that's it, and even then i seem to recall 40-50 being fairly typical.

Kevlar44

CaviarMeths

KennyPowers wrote:

There must be 2 Canadas because I have no memory of this...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MikeLove

CaviarMeths wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Judging by the age listed in your profile and the fact that the N64 is 15+ years old, I think it's safe to say you weren't purchasing any of these games yourself when they were released, so I can forgive your ignorance.

The Canadian dollar was valued at around $.65 compared to the US dollar at that time. Many games cost $69-80 + tax. If you don't believe me (or don't remember) here is a link with more info http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916387-nintendo-64/63227764

I distinctly remember buying WCW/nWo World Tour for the N64 at Zellers and that it was like $100-120 after tax. Goldeneye was probably $79.99 + tax as well. They were super expensive back then!

MikeLove

CaviarMeths

KennyPowers wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Judging by the age listed in your profile and the fact that the N64 is 15+ years old, I think it's safe to say you weren't purchasing any of these games yourself when they were released, so I can forgive your ignorance.

The Canadian dollar was valued at around $.65 compared to the US dollar at that time. Many games cost $69-80 + tax. If you don't believe me (or don't remember) here is a link with more info http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916387-nintendo-64/63227764

I remember, and yes, I was buying my own games in the late 90s. It took me months to save up for a game, but I did. There was allowance ($20 per month!) and birthday/Christmas money from grandparents helped too. Took almost a whole year to save up for a Gameboy Pocket to play Pokemon Blue.

At that time though, I was buying SNES and Gameboy games. I don't think I got my first N64 until around 2000. Maybe that's why I didn't pay $90 for any of the games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RancidVomit86

I'm guessing you are new to free to play? That's how they work.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

CanisWolfred

It really is a problem, though. I'm surprised more people aren't standing up to it. There's really no reason why mobile games should be allowed to get away with charging like that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

it's the magic of the microtransactions. pay 0.99 for an extra life here, 1.50 to get bonus item there and before you know it you wasted so much money that you could have bought several console games(by several I mean any amount bigger than one) that could have been more fun and kept your interest for a longer time.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AlexSays

There's no problem with that. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

The game itself doesn't cost $99. If someone has 99 bucks to blow who cares if that option is available?

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

AlexSays wrote:

There's no problem with that. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

The game itself doesn't cost $99. If someone has 99 bucks to blow who cares if that option is available?

To me that's like saying a person selling a knife with a serrated handle should be allowed to be put on the market. Yes, anybody who buys it is an idiot, but it's still completely irresponsible for something like that to be on the market in the first place. Someone could get hurt, even if its something like picking it up by accident, or in the case of a download, buying it by accident or by a child who doesn't know any better.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

Kids can visit multiple games and make $99 in purchases so that reasoning is out the window

Besides, what's the proposed limit on in app purchases? 20 bucks? 50 bucks? Trying to impose a limit is dumb enough, but doing so because children can buy them is even worse. You can have 100 apps that allow $1 purchases, but not one app that allows a $100 purchase?

I can't purchase an expensive in app purchase because someone lets their kids access their account? Yeah glad I'm not held responsible for the bad parenting of others

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

It's called holding a company responsible for their own foolish actions. But I can't expect someone like you to understand that concept.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

Trying to make as much money as possible by selling a product that is in-demand is foolish?

Let me know when you get hired by any business ever

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.