Other Gaming Forum

Topic: No new game should cost $99.99

Showing 21 to 40 of 46

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

21. Posted:

shaneoh wrote:

Ha. Welcome to Australia

That's the real reason Nintendo's region lock sucks but most Americans don't seem to get it

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

22. Posted:

shaneoh wrote:

Ha. Welcome to Australia

Poor Aussies. You should see if you can find enough oil somewhere there to give us an excuse to come 'liberate' you from your oppressors. :)

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

23. Posted:

The figures even at RRP for Pokemon Rumble U cost about the same as this IAP.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

24. Posted:

N64 games in Canada were often around $90 when they were released.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

25. Posted:

Yeah, that's common in FTP games. It's also why I don't buy anything in them. I would consider buying a something in Warframe (it would be a warframe), but the price for it is be too high. I can understand why they do it, since they have to rely on the few people who will buy to make money, but it stinks non the less.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U).

AuthorMessage

dumedum

26. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

It is the called wait and hope for a stupid kid playing on his daddy or mummies Ipad option.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/16/technology/government-and-a...

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

SleepyCrossing

27. Posted:

Games like these are bad for the video game industry (and society, quite honestly) in general.

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Smash

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

28. Posted:

Figure platform's / DLC are part of the same problem as well.

Used games are the reason we don't get hardly anything on Nintendo Selects either. (Look at what the Gamecube Players Choice had and when - Compare with the Wii Nintendo Selects). Digital is the only solution to making sure Nintendo can actually get paid.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Kevlar44

29. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

I genuinely don't remember that being the case where i'm from. I think a game with the expansion pack included could cost as much as 60-70 but that's it, and even then i seem to recall 40-50 being fairly typical.

Kevlar44

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

30. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

There must be 2 Canadas because I have no memory of this...

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

31. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Judging by the age listed in your profile and the fact that the N64 is 15+ years old, I think it's safe to say you weren't purchasing any of these games yourself when they were released, so I can forgive your ignorance.

The Canadian dollar was valued at around $.65 compared to the US dollar at that time. Many games cost $69-80 + tax. If you don't believe me (or don't remember) here is a link with more info http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916387-nintendo-64/63227764

I distinctly remember buying WCW/nWo World Tour for the N64 at Zellers and that it was like $100-120 after tax. Goldeneye was probably $79.99 + tax as well. They were super expensive back then!

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

32. Posted:

http://www.cdarchive.ca/UltimateVideo1996.pdf

Check this out! It's a PDF scan of a Canadian gaming catalog that came out around 95-96. The prices of these games are sickeningly high!

Never complain about $5 DLC EVER again!!!

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

33. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Judging by the age listed in your profile and the fact that the N64 is 15+ years old, I think it's safe to say you weren't purchasing any of these games yourself when they were released, so I can forgive your ignorance.

The Canadian dollar was valued at around $.65 compared to the US dollar at that time. Many games cost $69-80 + tax. If you don't believe me (or don't remember) here is a link with more info http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916387-nintendo-64/63227764

I remember, and yes, I was buying my own games in the late 90s. It took me months to save up for a game, but I did. There was allowance ($20 per month!) and birthday/Christmas money from grandparents helped too. Took almost a whole year to save up for a Gameboy Pocket to play Pokemon Blue.

At that time though, I was buying SNES and Gameboy games. I don't think I got my first N64 until around 2000. Maybe that's why I didn't pay $90 for any of the games.

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

34. Posted:

I'm guessing you are new to free to play? That's how they work.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

ZeroZX_Dev

35. Posted:

Link-Hero wrote:

This is mobile phone games in a nutshell.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account
Something we always need to remember.
先輩くん、俺を 心付いてください。

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter: ZeroZXDev

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

36. Posted:

It really is a problem, though. I'm surprised more people aren't standing up to it. There's really no reason why mobile games should be allowed to get away with charging like that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

37. Posted:

it's the magic of the microtransactions. pay 0.99 for an extra life here, 1.50 to get bonus item there and before you know it you wasted so much money that you could have bought several console games(by several I mean any amount bigger than one) that could have been more fun and kept your interest for a longer time.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

38. Posted:

There's no problem with that. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

The game itself doesn't cost $99. If someone has 99 bucks to blow who cares if that option is available?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

39. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

There's no problem with that. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

The game itself doesn't cost $99. If someone has 99 bucks to blow who cares if that option is available?

To me that's like saying a person selling a knife with a serrated handle should be allowed to be put on the market. Yes, anybody who buys it is an idiot, but it's still completely irresponsible for something like that to be on the market in the first place. Someone could get hurt, even if its something like picking it up by accident, or in the case of a download, buying it by accident or by a child who doesn't know any better.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

40. Posted:

Kids can visit multiple games and make $99 in purchases so that reasoning is out the window

Besides, what's the proposed limit on in app purchases? 20 bucks? 50 bucks? Trying to impose a limit is dumb enough, but doing so because children can buy them is even worse. You can have 100 apps that allow $1 purchases, but not one app that allows a $100 purchase?

I can't purchase an expensive in app purchase because someone lets their kids access their account? Yeah glad I'm not held responsible for the bad parenting of others

AlexSays