Other Gaming Forum

Topic: No new game should cost $99.99

Showing 1 to 20 of 46

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

1. Posted:

I like Sega's Monkey Ball, so I just got Monkey Ball Bounce on my iPad from App Store. I'm playing through the game and wanted more in-game credits to get more of the power-ups. So I get to the pay-wall and see that I can get a couple credits for 0.99 which wouldn't last me long, but then I see that I can pay $99.99 for 1000 in-game credits with which I can buy the game's power-ups. AND it's even highlighted as BEST VALUE. Seriously?!! A single in-app purchase of one hundred dollars!? From Sega!? For $100 in a cheap mobile game the least I should get is unlimited power-ups and even then! For giving Sega $100 all up front I should get some serious preferential customer treatment like the next 3 mobile games they put out are free!

Am I the only one who thinks no game should let you spend $100 in ONE purchase? This isn't even a next-gen console quality experience with premium online servers ! Just terrible practices from Sega in this instance.

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

brewsky

2. Posted:

To each their own.

Now playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | Fantasy Life (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

3. Posted:

Sadly, someone out there will buy that.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

4. Posted:

Yeah, I see these everywhere.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

5. Posted:

The same thing happened for Dead Rising 3. The ultimate pack is $90, and I think they're out of their damn minds. Oh well.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

6. Posted:

For $100 you could probably get all the ones worth having a controller. (Or wait for the Hori one that will probably be the best).

There is a Windows Phone game that has a gun for 780$ that I have seen that is the worst. (That I know of)

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7. Posted:

Sadly, this is nothing new.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shaneoh

8. Posted:

Ha. Welcome to Australia

shaneoh

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

9. Posted:

I remember IGN posted a video showing off a downright horrid Pokemon game. Something about playing as Charizard and it costs a ton of mney just to fly and use fireballs and stuff. lol Or maybe it was a Mario knockoff, can't remember, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Blast

10. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sadly, this is nothing new.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

KingMike

11. Posted:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

I remember IGN posted a video showing off a downright horrid Pokemon game. Something about playing as Charizard and it costs a ton of mney just to fly and use fireballs and stuff. lol Or maybe it was a Mario knockoff, can't remember, lol)

It was a Mario knockoff with Pokemon-knockoff characters. Supposedly it was up for months, but then (unsurprisingly) got taken down the day/after that video was uploaded (that seems to be a trend with these blatant copyright-infringement games).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

technotaylor98

12. Posted:

I once saw a roulette app which cost $99.99 for a certain amount of chips, the thing is, you can win no real anything in the game, just more chips.

"When you've eat all the bacon, go find another pig" -technotaylor98

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2560-1192 | Nintendo Network ID: 10000mario

AuthorMessage

KingMike

13. Posted:

So I've read it's common for games to let you play once and then make you pay some money or wait for hours to play again.
(obviously trying to imitate an arcade game, except uh... you're a piece of code, not a thousands-of-dollars machine that understandably needs to make its money back for the owner. The least they could do is offer a "unlimited play" price.)

Haven't heard of Square-Enix' secretly-$50+ interactive screensaver Final Fantasy: All the Bravest? (and I hear they also did the "pay to play again" scam)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

14. Posted:

This is mobile phone games in a nutshell.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

2Sang

15. Posted:

DLC definitely shouldn't cost $100, although I will say Fire emblem awakening could have had slightly cheaper dlc.
I'm not opposed to a $100 game though so long as it's like DJ Hero or has bonuses in addition to the game. If Smash Bros. Wii U cost $100 with a handful of figurines and a special controller, I'd be all over it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

16. Posted:

Yeah but Sega has loads of proper stuff on as well. (If it is listed as free it is not worth looking).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

17. Posted:

@2Sang
Ya, you're right. It really depends on what it is, and who's buying it.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

18. Posted:

The sad thing is that apparently at least some people pay for these stuff, otherwise this kind of things would have stopped coming

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

19. Posted:

It is the called wait and hope for a stupid kid playing on his daddy or mummies Ipad option.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

MarkS27

20. Posted:

shaneoh wrote:

Ha. Welcome to Australia

MarkS27

3DS Friend Code: 3282-1883-4630 | Nintendo Network ID: MarkS27