Forums

Topic: NintendoLife GOTY Awards (2017)

Posts 81 to 96 of 96

Krull

Yay! A worthy winner, and well deserved runaway second place too. Glad to see Metroid make the top five, too, even if I didn't get to play it myself. Christmas Day - I will finally rip the cellophane off Xenoblade Chronicles 2 today - glad to see it wouldn't have made any difference to the final totals if I'd played it when it came out. Merry Christmas, or whatever you may celebrate at this time of year, to everybody in the NL forums.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

gcunit

Nice work @Octane, thanks, though I'm pretty disgusted in you all that MK8D and ARMS didn't make top 5

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

antster1983

@Octane Thanks for compiling this, it's really interesting to see what titles made the list, and that two of the best indie titles share the bottom of the top 10 together.

Writing this in-between courses of Christmas dinner, so everyone have a great Christmas, and happy gaming!

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Octane

@gcunit What about Zelda at number 1!? Get that thing outta here!

Octane

Octane

I'd like to do this again next year. With no obvious winner like Zelda or Mario, it'll be interesting to see the results.

Even Pokemon USUM only got a few points. That was pretty unexpected.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Hey, look at that: the best new Nintendo game of the last decade won first place. It was a good year all around, though. Voting here mirrored voting across the video game world. Nintendo really tore up 2017.

I'm a bit disappointed Mario + Rabbids isn't in the top 5. though. I think it's still the best exclusive on the Switch.

Thanks for working hard on this!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

I'm glad Golf Story and Steamworld Dig 2 both made the Top 10 (sort of), they both deserved it (even if Golf Story is a glitch fest still). Thanks for doing this Octane!

link3710

Gamer83

@Octane
Great work.

Results were about what I expected. Zelda and Mario at the top (I'd have put Mario no. 1 but either is deserving). Didn't expect to see Metroid: Samus Returns so high as it seemed to get lost in the shuffle. Definitely happy about that, however.

Gamer83

JaxonH

That's a pretty nice list of games there.

Glad to see Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in the top 5, and Metroid.

Wish MHXX, Skyrim and DOOM scored higher but, eh.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@JaxonH True. I expected DOOM and Skyrim to get more points after the enthusiasm of people online.

MHXX is Japan exclusive, right? I don't think many people have imported the game.

Octane

Namco

Hm pretty good lis—

WHY IS FE: ECHOES BEHIND FE: WARRIORS IT HURTS MY EYES

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

NaviAndMii

Yeah, brilliant job @Octane! I guess that makes Sonic Mania our 'digital Game of the Year' - I really must download that! Merry Christmas to all!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Jacob1092

Tidy list, solid first and second place there. Merry Christmas all!

Jacob1092

Dezzy

Great stuff. I imagine Xenoblade didn't get 3rd due to not enough people having played it yet.
I guarantee it'll be near the top of my list once I've played it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RenderSpotlight

@Octane Great Job Sir!. I did not have Internet access for a few days. But I wanted to make sure and say good Job. Thanks for doing it, I know how keeping track of totals can be a lot of work!

RenderSpotlight

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.