Forums

Topic: Next-Gen RPGS discussion

Posts 121 to 140 of 140

shingi_70

#everythingwasopenworld

I for one can't wait to watch this J-rock group save the world with the power of friendship.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

R_Champ

Ugh, FF XV looks terrible (Well, the graphics look awesome, but the game looks bad). And it makes me even more frustrated that they seem to be ripping straight from Xenoblades style...but in all the wrong ways. And sure FFXII was before Xenoblade, but even the world's lighting in FFXV looks so plagiarized.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Rag tag survivors in survival/military gear, FF XV: J-Pop looking characters
XCX: Mecha, FF XV: A car some rich 60-year old American guy would drive
XCX: Foreign world, foreign monsters, FF XV: Highways + Giant Monsters? Godzilla taught us this doesn't work.

Ugh, just UGGGGGGGGH. Final Fantasy was my favorite JRPG series during the golden years, and now I can't even stand to look at it. Good news for the Kingdom Hearts fans though: I will no longer be trolling you over KH being overrated...FF has EASILY taken the spot in my mind.

Well, all I can do at this point is laugh it off Tidus style. AH HAHAHAHA...AH HAHAHAHAHA...now all I can think of is Meg Ryan...better than FFXV

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

kkslider5552000

I think the game looks absolutely fantastic (though even FF being forced to go full-on action RPG is profoundly sad to me) and the combat seems fun (but the crazier stuff from last E3's trailer is gonna be revealed to be QTEs and you know it) but after FFXIII I refuse to trust a main Final Fantasy again. Also because the story might be incomprehensible garbage again.

I have my doubts it's really open world, SE would never do that considering their love of high quality technical graphics, but I am glad to see it isn't hallways this time.

But comparing it to Xenoblade is pointless because Xenoblade was better than any Final Fantasy ever anyway and so were other JRPGs.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

R_Champ wrote:

Ugh, FF XV looks terrible (Well, the graphics look awesome, but the game looks bad). And it makes me even more frustrated that they seem to be ripping straight from Xenoblades style...but in all the wrong ways. And sure FFXII was before Xenoblade, but even the world's lighting in FFXV looks so plagiarized.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Rag tag survivors in survival/military gear, FF XV: J-Pop looking characters
XCX: Mecha, FF XV: A car some rich 60-year old American guy would drive
XCX: Foreign world, foreign monsters, FF XV: Highways + Giant Monsters? Godzilla taught us this doesn't work.

Ugh, just UGGGGGGGGH. Final Fantasy was my favorite JRPG series during the golden years, and now I can't even stand to look at it. Good news for the Kingdom Hearts fans though: I will no longer be trolling you over KH being overrated...FF has EASILY taken the spot in my mind.

Well, all I can do at this point is laugh it off Tidus style. AH HAHAHAHA...AH HAHAHAHAHA...now all I can think of is Meg Ryan...better than FFXV

Honestly the most rereshing thing about XV is the mix of modern day realism with the more fantasy part of final fantasy, Its way better than what ever the hell that Xenoblade chronicles X trailer was that will turn everyone off the game.

Also you want a tradtional FF game go play Braverly default.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

Last I checked they're still shooting for a December release for Pillars of Eternity. It's apparently been in Backer-only Beta for a month now, and judging from first impressions I've read, it sounds like it's been holding up well.

Also, R_Champ needs to calm the **** down. Seems like he's constantly jumping to half-baked conclusions in every post he makes.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

I tried, but I'm not liking how FF15 looks. I can't even get passed the repulsive bishounen character models, but the mix of all these anachronistic technologies like swords, classic cars, and anti-grav ships just isn't working at all for me. Star Wars did it too, basically being a gritty old western set in space, but with that, it felt like there was a flow and logic to it. The old mixed with new meshed well and made sense in-universe.

FF has been doing this as far back as FF6, but it used to make sense, like Star Wars. The magitech in FF6 made sense. The steampunk vibe in FF7 made sense. By FF13, it didn't make sense anymore and this seems to be a continuation of that.

On the plus side though, it looks like there's less hallways. It looks like it's much more open. It looks like dungeons will invite plenty of exploration. That's definitely a step back in the right direction. Gameplay-wise, it looks pretty good, even if I do prefer a traditional turn-based battle system over an action RPG.

Dat writing tho lol.

EDIT: Wait, just read on VGChartz that Nomura has stepped down as director on FF15 to focus on KH3 whaaaat. Hajime Tabata (of FF Type-0) will be taking his place.

EDIT2: Oh right, link. This should do, I guess.

Surprised to see him leave the project after what like 8 years of his life dedicated to it. I'm not really a fan of his, but that had to be a tough decision and I respect him for being strong enough to make it. Either that or the game is pretty much done already and he's just leaving all the debugging and crap to Tabata.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shingi_70

Haven't dusted this thread off in a few months, but here goes.

New trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X

Pier Solar just came out on Wii U and will be on the Xbox one next Friday.

Lords of the Fallen released and did really well for the publisher and just got a expansion announced.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-07-lords-of-the-fal...

Dragon Age Inquisition comes out next week.

The Witcher 3 won't have any paid DLC or expansions.

I'll be getting dragon Age and Pier Solar to starch my holiday RPG itches.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Damnit Projekt Red, you're making me want to buy your games even though I'll probably never play them! Again!

Also, Lords of the Fallen sold well? That sucks, since apparently it wasn't that good...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

Damnit Projekt Red, you're making me want to buy your games even though I'll probably never play them! Again!

Also, Lords of the Fallen sold well? That sucks, since apparently it wasn't that good...

I feel that is a trend in the current generation of games

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

I'm more surprised it was ever hyped up in the first place since it was made by the developers of Venetica and Alien Rage, and loads of other shovelware and B-grade titles. I mean, it still sounds like the best game they've made, but they're a long way from being able to take on From Software...and that's saying something considering how hit and miss From is...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Is it bad, I liked what I saw f the giant bomb quick look, and impressions elsewhere were mixed.

Type-0 looks really good and i'm bound to get for the beta for XV.

Also anyone hates when comapnies own a RPG IP but does nothing with it or is too little too late.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Impressions have been mixed, but even some of the higher scoring ones were saying things like "I'd rather be playing Dark Souls [at times]". It reminds me of Titanfall where it's okay, but for a game trying to outdo a popular game, it kinda missed the boat...

And yes, I'm ticked about the delay for Type-0, but I still might try to get a PS4 ASAP to play it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

shingi_70 wrote:

I for one can't wait to watch this J-rock group save the world with the power of friendship.

If there's anything I've learnt from Final Fantasy, it's that friendship is the strongest weapon. Or, if not friendship, Bahamut.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

If there's anything I've learnt from Final Fantasy, it's that friendship is the strongest weapon. Or, if not friendship, Bahamut.

You just described the entire shounen genre.

Except SAO of course, where being OP a f*** and soloing everything is the strongest weapon.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shingi_70

Untitled

Boom let's do this.

WAT!

shingi_70

Next month Square-enix is showing a new console RPG that isn't a Remake and probably not in the FF or DQ series.

WAT!

CaviarMeths

I dunno, I get the feeling it's DQ XI for PS4/XB1.

Either that or Lightning Origins: You Thought It Was Over.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

I dunno, I get the feeling it's DQ XI for PS4/XB1.

implying SE would put DQ XI on Xbox over 3DS

Well, if they're planning on PS4 anyway, then they may as well throw it on XB1. Architecture is similar enough that it would cost almost nothing to port. I'd be willing to bet that Kingdom Hearts 3 would be more successful on Wii U than on Xbox One, but yet here we are.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.