SMEXIZELDAMAN

201. Posted:

Ouya gonna bomb :(

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Aviator

202. Posted:

Did anyone get the e-mail confirming their username?

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

203. Posted:

Yay, another threat to Nintendo and Sony that fanboys can bash. Looks like the iPad and Angry Birds have competition :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

204. Posted:

I would like to make games on this, my little sister said she would help in the art part of making games, but I would like to see this thing more in action ,and also reviews before I decide to consider buying this.

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Reala

205. Posted:

Looks like it will be in shops some time in June also might be worth mentioning another android based console for the TV at around the same price as ouya was also recently successful on kickstarter, called game stick

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

206. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Did anyone get the e-mail confirming their username?

Yep. Got my username secured.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

207. Posted:

Look like Gamestop is taking pre orders for OUYA. http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-ouya,28zu0

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Amigaengine

208. Posted:

Kellee Santiago lands at Ouya

"Journey developer Thatgamecompany co-founder Kellee Santiago has joined Ouya, where she will lead developer relations for the Android-powered console, the company announced today."
http://www.gamespot.com/news/kellee-santiago-lands-at-ouya-64...

Big news for the small upstart

Twitter: AmigaEngine

AuthorMessage

KAHN

209. Posted:

i hope you guys will soon start to realize that this console isn't meant to compete with Nintendo, or Sony, or anyone. it's made primarily for indie developers so they can create and see their games on their TV without going through the troublesome and expensive process of actually making it for a console. it's a great idea for indie developers who want to make some money off their work (well, 70% of the money goes to them, anyway).

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

210. Posted:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

i hope you guys will soon start to realize that this console isn't meant to compete with Nintendo, or Sony, or anyone. it's made primarily for indie developers so they can create and see their games on their TV without going through the troublesome and expensive process of actually making it for a console. it's a great idea for indie developers who want to make some money off their work (well, 70% of the money goes to them, anyway).

According to devs so is the Wii U :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Amigaengine

211. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

Much easier to develop/publish for Ouya than any console.

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

212. Posted:

I kinda like the idea of the OUYA but it's not something I could ever see myself buying.

I mean I like indie games and all, but the good ones seem few and far between. Most are either 5 minutes of fun or prententious hipster nonsense.

Buying a system, even an inexpensive one, for a handful of games just doesn't appeal to me. Considering most, if not all the really good indie games will find their way on to the PC, buying an OUYA would just be a waste of (my) money.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

213. Posted:

I think the idea is cool, but if it gets tons of games like Angry Birds, that NOVA iPad game, etc. I think it will ge a waste. I guess $100 worth of a tablet is games, then?
I'd rather get a tablet and use a Wii remote or Pro controller that isn't just limited to games if I'm gonna go that route.
So you can make and sell games? Good for indie devs, but I'm willing bet the online store is gonna be packed full of junk just like Apple's iTunes pretty fast.
$100 isn't that bad though.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

214. Posted:

OUYA will be a hit with as people said Indie developers, but I also see it being a hit with people part of the emulation scene and thats where it could hurt Nintendo and MS, especially when certain games dont make it to the VC and XBLA services. What Earthbound isnt coming to VC np I will just find a rom and play it on OUYA. Killer Instinct not coming to XBLA. OUYA to the rescue. You can see where I am going with this.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Amigaengine

215. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

OUYA will be a hit with as people said Indie developers, but I also see it being a hit with people part of the emulation scene and thats where it could hurt Nintendo and MS, especially when certain games dont make it to the VC and XBLA services. What Earthbound isnt coming to VC np I will just find a rom and play it on OUYA. Killer Instinct not coming to XBLA. OUYA to the rescue. You can see where I am going with this.

Personally feel emulation will be better than WiiU VC releases if they are anything like the butchered versions that was released for the Wii. Personally purchased over 50 VC titles and nearly half of them was very poorly done.

XBMC, Emulation, Chrono Blade and general indie development are the things that I am most excited about in regards to Ouya.

AuthorMessage

KAHN

216. Posted:

Amigaengine wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

Much easier to develop/publish for Ouya than any console.

^^was going to say this, but this user beat me to it. OUYA development is supposed to be a much simpler process for everyone.

KAHN

AuthorMessage

KAHN

217. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Ouya gonna bomb :(

apparently so, especially when they reach their kickstarter goal and beyond on it's first day.

/sarcasm

KAHN

AuthorMessage

steamhare

218. Posted:

@0So_ZELDAiii The kickstarter got a lot of many from developers, so it doesn't necessarily represent consumer buy in.

steamhare

AuthorMessage

Amigaengine

219. Posted:

steamhare wrote:

@0So_ZELDAiii The kickstarter got a lot of many from developers, so it doesn't necessarily represent consumer buy in.

If true (I doubt) how can that be a bad thing ?

Looks like the average backer gave roughly $135.00, logic says most just bought the console.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

220. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

I kinda like the idea of the OUYA but it's not something I could ever see myself buying.

I mean I like indie games and all, but the good ones seem few and far between. Most are either 5 minutes of fun or prententious hipster nonsense.

No, the 5 minutes of fun and the pretentious hipster nonsense are among the better games, compared to the mountains of unimaginitive copycats and downright trash.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~