Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The OUYA – A New $99 Open Game Console

Showing 181 to 200 of 246

AuthorMessage

Reala

181. Posted:

Just noticed the ouya website has been updated a little though doesn't really offer any new news yet as far as I could see anyway.

Reala

AuthorMessage

sykotek

182. Posted:

Not to worry anyone who has backed Ouya, but here's an interesting article (or audio interview if you don't like reading) regarding Kickstarter. When a Kickstarter campaign fails, does anyone get their mone...

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

183. Posted:

I worries me to have it confirmed that Kickstarter doesn't actually know what happens when a project doesn't deliver. I got the impression that was the case from their website, but to hear them say they basically haven't even thought about it is a concern.

In any case, I think Kickstarter will slow down to some degree in the near future. There are so many high-profile, high-grossing tech projects that will inevitably include some big failures and I think that will somewhat damp enthusiasm for the crowdfunding idea.

Not that I think it's a bad idea, necessarily - I've backed 4 Kickstarters myself - but I think there needs to be more accountability than is currently the case. Also, it needs to be made clear to backers that they're taking quite a risk in some of these projects where someone with no manufacturing experience is promising to deliver thousands of high-quality products.

Anyway, the fact that Ouya hasn't given any reasonable updates since the Kickstarter finished is a worrying sign. With $8.5M worth of pledgers to look after, I would have thought some more communication would be in order. Plus, as a tech company (and a high profile one at that), they don't even have a decent website.

I don't think they're trying to rip anyone off, I'm still just not sure if they can pull off this thing by March next year.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

184. Posted:

Yesterday, Kickstarter instituted some new rules in regards t...

Among them, directly lifting from the article, first and foremost, Kickstarter is NOT a store, creators must talk about RISKS and CHALLENGES, as well as the inclusion of new hardware and product design project guidelines.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Sonicmon

185. Posted:

i might buy one......

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

186. Posted:

@skyotek so you might not get your money back if this flops? :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

187. Posted:

Just for the record: Ouya now has manufacturer and is on track to deliver developer kits in December. ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

188. Posted:

Read about that and I hear oyua among other products is the reason its been put into place.

Still think this is going to flop but for $99 I'll pick one up.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Sonicmon

189. Posted:

when is its realese date?

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

190. Posted:

Sometime next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

191. Posted:

MR-SEGA wrote:

when is its realese date?

We're on track to get ours in March, so you can expect a consumer release shortly thereafter.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

192. Posted:

I've been keeping an eye on the Ouya for some time now. Hopefully they can get in more game announcements soon.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

Reala

193. Posted:

Its been a while but there is finally an update the main thin...

Reala

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

194. Posted:

Looks cool.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

195. Posted:

@Reala - That was very weird-sounding out of context. I was about to flip out.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

196. Posted:

Well, colour me impressed - it looks like they've already managed to get a working design, and are close to full-scale manufacturing.

I'm glad they seem to have things under control, but I'm also somewhat surprised!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

197. Posted:

Jelly Bean means I might actually consider getting one. Good job Ouya.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Reala

198. Posted:

Another ouya update, the pic really does show just how tiny the console is :o

Reala

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

199. Posted:

Sylverstone wrote:

I've been keeping an eye on the Ouya for some time now. Hopefully they can get in more game announcements soon.

Same here. I hope it does well.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Reala

200. Posted:

Unboxing vid of the developer kit by the makers of the console themselves

Reala