Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The OUYA – A New $99 Open Game Console

Showing 161 to 180 of 246

AuthorMessage

edhe

161. Posted:

Now they just need to release it on Virtual Console. Mobile phones and android consoles are fine and all, but I'm sure a load more people would be able to enjoy it if it was on the Virtual console as well.

And the one that was released on the DS was a remake.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Bankai

162. Posted:

The game on Ouya is also going to be the remake, Square Enix is not going to go and translate the original game for the first time to release it in a platform that almost everyone has forgotten about.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

pixelman

163. Posted:

What I'm interested in seeing is whether they touch up the graphics any. It looks kind of ugly as-is.

Untitled

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Reala

164. Posted:

Update 8: ouya to partner with VEVO to bring music videos to ouya, not really what i want from ouya personally but there it is, also just passed the $6 million mark too.

Also looks like the buttons have been labelled to spell ouya now.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

edhe

165. Posted:

Oh well. The articles I did link to did say how significant it was for a company like Square-Enix to come out and support the system, so that's good news for Ouya.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

166. Posted:

If only Square-Enix would revive Cavia as an Ouya/Mobile developer. That'd be the day that I literally flip the **** out!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Bankai

167. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

If only Square-Enix would revive Cavia as an Ouya/Mobile developer. That'd be the day that I literally flip the **** out!

Technically Cavia still exists, as the majority of the team became AQ Interactive.

AQ Interactive being the guys that made the awesome Fortune Street on the Wii.

I'm... not sure who or what owns Cavia's franchises now. I guess AQ Interactive, but Square Enix has publishing rights. This is why I think Drakengard is not yet a PS2 Classic download. :(

AuthorMessage

Reala

168. Posted:

Update 9 continues the gaming thing with iheartradio, was also searching aout kickstarter and came across this :o

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

169. Posted:

Reala wrote:

was also searching aout kickstarter and came across this :o

c...can they do that? Like, they'll be getting a license from Nintendo, right? EDIT: The bottom of the page says no. I honestly wonder about the legality of that. It sounds cool, but if they're asking for funding, I'm sure Nintendo would want a piece of that pie, so I'm not sure I'd get my money's worth if I invested in it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Reala

170. Posted:

I think its all above board as they are based on the manga books that have been on sale for a while so they must have the licensing sorted out, have a few of the books myself and they are they aren't bad really and quite cheap too.

edit to the edit

yeah just read that too weird guess that means they'll distribute it free maybe, but does kickstarter count as making money of it I have no clue.

Edited on by Reala

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

171. Posted:

Reala wrote:

I think its all above board as they are based on the manga books that have been on sale for a while so they must have the licensing sorted out, have a few of the books myself and they are they aren't bad really and quite cheap too.

[/div]

I'm still reading it over, but it doesn't sound like they've talked to anyone about it, yet. If it's based on the manga, then you can be sure the company that currently owns the Manga's license could go after them. Especially since it's owned by the largest Manga company in America...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pixelman

172. Posted:

Oh wow, it's close to hitting $7 million.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Bankai

173. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Reala wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

I'm still reading it over, but it doesn't sound like they've talked to anyone about it, yet. If it's based on the manga, then you can be sure the company that currently owns the Manga's license could go after them. Especially since it's owned by the largest Manga company in America...

Mickey's right. Anyone who supports that project is supporting a project that will be sued to the point where everyone involved will be bankrupted.

Kickstarter funding will qualify as revenue in the eyes of any legitimate court. Guaranteed.

In fact I suspect Nintendo and the owners of the Manga license would be within their legal rights to go after the people who have funded this project if it succeeds.

I really, really do not recommend supporting that one.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

174. Posted:

re: Zeldamotion — you'd think Kickstarter would have rules against raising funds for that kind of thing...

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Bankai

175. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

re: Zeldamotion — you'd think Kickstarter would have rules against raising funds for that kind of thing...

I'm very surprised to see it too. Perhaps their checking process isn't as robust as it probably should be.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

176. Posted:

Finally decided to back this project.

March 2013 should be interesting.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

177. Posted:

Yeah, that Zelda thing is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. I can't believe that the makers really think they could get away with it - plenty of free mods/games get shut down for IP infringement, and these people are asking for money to do it. Pretty cut and dry, if you ask me (though don't, I'm by no means a lawyer.)

It'll be interesting to see how the Ouya goes in the last couple of days. Pledges are starting to slowly pick up again, and there is usually a last-minute rush:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-vide...

I'm still not confident that this thing can be produced at all - let alone by March 2013 (given that they can still only offer up renders) - and would advise people not to pledge unless they realise that it's not a pre-order as no product is guaranteed (although I did notice, interestingly enough, that the pledge categories do use the word 'guaranteed'.) It's a bit of a gamble - I hope it pays off for everybody, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Reala

178. Posted:

$8 million mark passed nearing 60,000 pledges and NamcoBandai has voiced its support, looking promising.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

179. Posted:

I wasn't too far off. I predicted it could hit $10 million. It got to $8.5 million.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next. If they're serious about this (and no doubt they are), they'll need to find some angel investors next. Given how much of a hit this was on Kickstarter, there should be some.

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

180. Posted:

Namco Bandai seems very fond of the Ouya. Shiftylook is a recent division of Namco Bandai that started to revive forgotten IPs starting with webcomics (check them out, they're really cool). If Ouya and Shiftylook are both successful, then the Ouya could be both a mecca for indie games AND a mecca for obscure Namco games (I'm not talking about the ones normally found on newer Namco Museum collections).

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter