Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The OUYA – A New $99 Open Game Console

Showing 141 to 160 of 246

AuthorMessage

Bankai

141. Posted:

The drop has been more dramatic than many other projects though. Of course, there's another month yet - with some more media coverage and more updates things will surely pick up again, but I thought there would be a longer tail on the initial pledges.

It could just be a simple case of everyone who would consider backing a project on Kickstarter have already invested.

Let's not forget - Kickstarter is for the early adopters. That's a tiny, tiny fraction of the overall potential market.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Chuie

142. Posted:

i like the whole 100% hackable cause yea but i already hack my wii but think people that play COD or like me i like ghost reacon if its going to be on ouya they would be kicked out of stuff and yea and 1 gb i dont think its anougth for it but i will hack but not to much

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

143. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

The drop has been more dramatic than many other projects though. Of course, there's another month yet - with some more media coverage and more updates things will surely pick up again, but I thought there would be a longer tail on the initial pledges.

It could just be a simple case of everyone who would consider backing a project on Kickstarter have already invested.

Let's not forget - Kickstarter is for the early adopters. That's a tiny, tiny fraction of the overall potential market.

[/div]

I completely agree, it's entirely possible that people were more excited for this than many other projects and simply rushed to be involved in the first couple of days. We'll have to wait and see if it's got legs, but I just disagree with people who were making outlandish predictions after the first day, extrapolating that day's pledges, and thinking that $50 million was on the way. (Note that it may still be, since the last few days usually see a surge in pledges. It's not guaranteed though).

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

144. Posted:

I do like the name though.

OH YA!

OH YA!

OH

YA!

It's so much fun to say. :D

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Bankai

145. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

I completely agree, it's entirely possible that people were more excited for this than many other projects and simply rushed to be involved in the first couple of days. We'll have to wait and see if it's got legs, but I just disagree with people who were making outlandish predictions after the first day, extrapolating that day's pledges, and thinking that $50 million was on the way. (Note that it may still be, since the last few days usually see a surge in pledges. It's not guaranteed though).

There's no way the Kickstarter will hit $50 million. That would assume a constant flow of investment, and that completely misunderstands how pledging behaviours work in Kickstarter.

The pledging will slow down - exponentially so. Not because there's a drop off of interest, but simply because the early adopter well tapped dry very quickly. I suspect $10 million would be the upper number for this.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

146. Posted:

fwiw, I haven't pledged, but I intend to get one around launch time if it's well-made and gets plenty of support on the developer end.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

147. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

fwiw, I haven't pledged, but I intend to get one around launch time if it's well-made and gets plenty of support on the developer end.

[/div]

Yeah, I don't see any real disadvantage to waiting on it and seeing how it pans out. Unless you really want to reserve your username and get a shiny "founder emblem," lol.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Wilford111

148. Posted:

I did the math - the average person is backing with $127.63.

Edited on by Wilford111

No one can say which video game console is the "best". Just the one they like the most.
3DS: 2664 - 2409 - 5716
Email: wilford.bentley@hotmail.com

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

149. Posted:

@Wilford111 IT'S 64-BIT. DO THE MATH!
That''s not a bad average.
I can't believe they're looking for more funding, are they still going to promise that $99 price tag?

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

150. Posted:

Keep in mind that many people will be paying an extra $20 for international shipping, which will account for some of that $127 average.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

151. Posted:

I bumped into a guy this weekend who's also bought an Ouya through Kickstarter! :D

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

iphys

152. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Keep in mind that many people will be paying an extra $20 for international shipping, which will account for some of that $127 average.

Not to mention the $30 for a second controller.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

153. Posted:

10 days left in the Ouya kickstarter. Think it's around $5,000,000 raised now. I'm starting to become very interested in this. Going to donate once I get the money

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

Fokro

154. Posted:

**** me, what a camapgin.

Fokro

AuthorMessage

Fokro

155. Posted:

**** me, what a campaign. The only issue is everyone already has MC, so how does party chat work? And what if all your other friends don't have one....

Fokro

AuthorMessage

edhe

156. Posted:

Interesting news; Square-Enix are porting Final Fantasy III onto the Ouya console.

Apparently, this isn't the Final Fantasy III otherwise known as Final Fantasy VI, but the Final Fantasy III otherwise known as the Final Fantasy th...

And as for the free-to-play element, Final Fantasy III will also be available as a free demo.

Unless Square-Enix decide to be buggers about it and only release it in Asia. (on the Ouya kickstarter page, the company behind the console say game companies are free to choose whether to deny their products to certain countries, but hopefully this wouldn't be the case.)

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Hokori

157. Posted:

edhe wrote:

Interesting news; Square-Enix are porting Final Fantasy III onto the Ouya console.

Apparently, this isn't the Final Fantasy III otherwise known as Final Fantasy VI, but the Final Fantasy III otherwise known as the Final Fantasy th...

And as for the free-to-play element, Final Fantasy III will also be available as a free demo.

Unless Square-Enix decide to be buggers about it and only release it in Asia. (on the Ouya kickstarter page, the company behind the console say game companies are free to choose whether to deny their products to certain countries, but hopefully this wouldn't be the case.)

I bet SE would release it outside JAPAN since they released FF III on DS and PSP

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

158. Posted:

Yeah, I think FFIII is already on Android in the west.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

sykotek

159. Posted:

I also saw the first Final Fantasy game has been ported and is currently for sale on the Android Market...er, Google's Play Store...not sure if it's in English yet though, the screens show all Japanese text, but the description is in English.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

160. Posted:

but the Final Fantasy III otherwise known as the Final Fantasy that wasn't released in the West.

otherwise known as the Final Fantasy III that now has been released on four different platforms in the West, with two more to come :P

(DS, iPhone, iPad, Android. PSP and Oyua to come)

Edited on by Bankai