Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The OUYA – A New $99 Open Game Console

Showing 101 to 120 of 246

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

101. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

LztheBlehBird wrote:

I'm not familiar with these kinds of consoles. I'll stick with 3DS and eventually Wii U :)

That's probably a good idea. The key is to remain unfamiliar so as to refrain from developing new interests.

The key is to remain familiar so you know your money is well spent.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

102. Posted:

The games list looks meh...

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

103. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Brahs its running android which has onlive which can run console games.

[/div]

That's if Onlive decides to port that app to the console and if customers have good internet connection to stream games.

@Nilbeit
Those aren't confirmed games coming btw.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Chris720

104. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

LztheBlehBird wrote:

I'm not familiar with these kinds of consoles. I'll stick with 3DS and eventually Wii U :)

That's probably a good idea. The key is to remain unfamiliar so as to refrain from developing new interests.

The key is to remain familiar so you know your money is well spent.

Nicely done! thumb up

For $99 I would buy into that... but then this hacker part came up, so no, I'll be keeping clear of that... sorry.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

105. Posted:

L4DYB4NSH33 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

That's if Onlive decides to port that app to the console and if customers have good internet connection to stream games.

You don't know a lot about android do you. Its not a out porting lime ot os on console. The Os just has to running what the app supports. Onlive supports froyo and above and the Oyua is running ICS. That and android allows you to sideload apks from the other sources.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

106. Posted:

Upon thinking about it, when they say "hackable" I think they mean you can change or modify the hardware... that's not hacking... that's modding.

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

107. Posted:

TwilightPoint wrote:

Upon thinking about it, when they say "hackable" I think they mean you can change or modify the hardware... that's not hacking... that's modding.

They're talking on a software level.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

edhe

108. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

The games list looks meh...

If I donated money to this project, I'd feel betrayed if the console developers were to court companies EA and Activision. Ignoring the fact that the console isn't going to be as powerful as your Xbox 360s or PS3s and unable to produce games people expect from these franchises, I feel it's against the ethos of the product as an open, Indie based console.

"...some of the best, most creative gamemakers are focused on mobile and social games because those platforms are more developer-friendly. And the ones who remain focused on console games can’t be as creative as they’d like."

"It's time to upend console gaming. Let’s open this sucker up! It's time we brought back innovation, experimentation, and creativity to the big screen. Let’s make the games less expensive to make, and less expensive to buy. With all our technological advancements, shouldn't costs be going down? Gaming could be cheaper!"

"OUYA could change AAA game development, too. Forget about licensing fees, retail fees, and publishing fees. "

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

109. Posted:

@Sony_70 Are they? If so good. But I'm sure android customizable anyway.

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

110. Posted:

TwilightPoint wrote:

@Sony_70 Are they? If so good. But I'm sure android customizable anyway.

I would assume so since thats the big things about android. You can do some crazy stuff.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

111. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

L4DYB4NSH33 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

You don't know a lot about android do you. Its not a out porting lime ot os on console. The Os just has to running what the app supports. Onlive supports froyo and above and the Oyua is running ICS. That and android allows you to sideload apks from the other sources.

You don't know how life works boo- Onlive has to PORT it over because Ouya doesn't have access to Google Playstore.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

112. Posted:

My Kindle Fire doesn't have access to Google Play, yet I sideloaded Onlive onto it easily.

Edit: On an unrelated note, @Sony_70: Are you planning on installing Jelly Bean on your KF? I think it might tide me over until I can afford the Nexus 7, that is once all of the glitches are worked out.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

113. Posted:

Ouya doesn't have an SD Card slot unless they allow you to sideload using a USB Hard Drive.

I have an Android phone and have side loaded some apps but I would rather have it instantly on my phone than to go through a process of doing it.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

114. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

TwilightPoint wrote:

They're talking on a software level.

Modders aren't welcome? Looks like It's time to upend indie console gaming... before it even started.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

115. Posted:

Thinking about it but nervous due to never dealing with Roms before. My phone is stock android so I never had that problem. That and the biggest reason. I want Jelly Bean is the voice stuff which wouldn't work on fire.

Maybe

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

116. Posted:

L4DYB4NSH33 wrote:

Ouya doesn't have an SD Card slot unless they allow you to sideload using a USB Hard Drive.

I have an Android phone and have side loaded some apps but I would rather have it instantly on my phone than to go through a process of doing it.

Well oyua will probably ha e a broswer so you could use that. Sideloaded engadget distro onto my fore today after learning it can run on gingerbread.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

117. Posted:

It'd be nice if they went more in depth on the UI.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

ivanmata

118. Posted:

They say they are going to let hackers modify it, even if most of the games will be free, wouldn't that be a problem, hackers will have EVERY game for free, and I don't think the best games will be free.

ivanmata

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

119. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Thinking about it but nervous due to never dealing with Roms before. My phone is stock android so I never had that problem. That and the biggest reason. I want Jelly Bean is the voice stuff which wouldn't work on fire.

Maybe

I'm feeling the same way for the most part. My Japanese uncle is staying with us, and he has experience with ROMs so he'd help me.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

120. Posted:

Wait a minute... it only features one USB-port and...no ethernet. Anything less than two USB-ports doesn't seem very convenient :|

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator