Forums

Topic: New Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive

Posts 101 to 120 of 144

Aviator

RogueBologna wrote:

And in similar news . . . https://mobile.twitter.com/RedThreadGames/status/499254653696... Had been confirmed for XBONE amd Wii U

Had it?

It was funded on Kickstarter for PC/Mac/Linux. Nintendo had approached them, but nothing was confirmed.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

RogueBologna

Aviator wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

And in similar news . . . https://mobile.twitter.com/RedThreadGames/status/499254653696... Had been confirmed for XBONE amd Wii U

Had it?

It was funded on Kickstarter for PC/Mac/Linux. Nintendo had approached them, but nothing was confirmed.

Edge Magazine had it written as confirmed for Wii U. Niw that I look it seems the general concensus on if a Wii U version would come was confusion, but I''ll try to find the confirmation.
EDIT: Not positive about XBONE, but here is an article confirming Wii U: http://t.joystiq.com/all/2013-07-30-dreamfall-chapters-on-a-l...

Edited on by RogueBologna

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

MightyKrypto

its a timed exlusive. So it will come to PS4 & PC sooner than you think!

MightyKrypto

TheLZdragon

Their Kickstarter page said nothing about a Wii U version. It was just for PC

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jaz007

RogueBologna wrote:

Aviator wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

And in similar news . . . https://mobile.twitter.com/RedThreadGames/status/499254653696... Had been confirmed for XBONE amd Wii U

Had it?

It was funded on Kickstarter for PC/Mac/Linux. Nintendo had approached them, but nothing was confirmed.

Edge Magazine had it written as confirmed for Wii U. Niw that I look it seems the general concensus on if a Wii U version would come was confusion, but I''ll try to find the confirmation.
EDIT: Not positive about XBONE, but here is an article confirming Wii U: http://t.joystiq.com/all/2013-07-30-dreamfall-chapters-on-a-l...

It looked likely, but it was never actually confirmed. He didn't actually say it was coming to Wii U.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

RogueBologna

@Jaz007 First sentence. Developer confirmed it was coming.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

RogueBologna

WaLzgi wrote:

Their Kickstarter page said nothing about a Wii U version. It was just for PC

Kickstarter was only for PC, later confirmed to e coming to Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

Jaz007

RogueBologna wrote:

@Jaz007 First sentence. Developer confirmed it was coming.

Look at the developer quotes, it was never confirmed. The article jumped to conclusions, reasonable conclusions, but unconfirmed conclusions.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

TheLZdragon

RogueBologna wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Their Kickstarter page said nothing about a Wii U version. It was just for PC

Kickstarter was only for PC, later confirmed to e coming to Wii U.

Even if they did, it's not some legal contract they have to abide

Edited on by TheLZdragon

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RogueBologna

WaLzgi wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Their Kickstarter page said nothing about a Wii U version. It was just for PC

Kickstarter was only for PC, later confirmed to e coming to Wii U.

Even if they did, it's not some legal contract they have to abide

If that's the stance you're going to take you better feel the same way about Tomb Raider.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

TheLZdragon

Tomb Raider was announced originally as an Xbox (timed) exclusive. Why would I feel anything about this considering they're not obligated to release elsewhere? I'm not really seeing the connection in your argument

Edited on by TheLZdragon

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RogueBologna

WaLzgi wrote:

Tomb Raider was announced originally as an Xbox (timed) exclusive. Why would I feel anything about this considering they're not obligated to release elsewhere? I'm not really seeing the connection in your argument

I never meant that in either case what the developer did was illegal or anything. I just thought they were similar in that the developers sold out and it was all really anti-consumer. I am confused though: was Tomb Raider ever said to be coming to PS4? If not, then the Dreamfall situation is far worse.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

TheLZdragon

It's called "competition" for a reason. Companies like Microsoft and Sony want exclusives to attract consumers. You can't have every system with the exact same line-up of games.

In capitalism, the consumer is NOT the only thing that matters in general. Companies will not always bend over backwards to please just the consumer

Edited on by TheLZdragon

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RogueBologna

WaLzgi wrote:

It's called "competition" for a reason. Companies like Microsoft and Sony want exclusives to attract consumers. You can't have every system with the exact same line-up of games.

In capitalism, the consumer is NOT the only thing that matters in general. Companies will not always bend over backwards to please just the consumer

I never said I had a problem with Sony or Microsoft buying exclusives (though I'd prefer they used Nintendo's Bayonetta 2 method). The developer is the one who is frustrating. They made a promise to Wii U fans (a promise, I realize that isn't a legally bound agreement) when they confirmed it and they broke the promise. Yes, I am fully aware they CAN do this, but it's a crappy thing to do.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

TheLZdragon

Plans change. Sony gave them incentive. I really wish consumers would get off their high horse and be deluded that they are the center of everything

Edited on by TheLZdragon

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AceDefective

WaLzgi wrote:

I really wish consumers would get off their high horse and be deluded that they are the center of everything

^This right here is the one of the many things I hate about modern gaming.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Jaz007

RogueBologna wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

It's called "competition" for a reason. Companies like Microsoft and Sony want exclusives to attract consumers. You can't have every system with the exact same line-up of games.

In capitalism, the consumer is NOT the only thing that matters in general. Companies will not always bend over backwards to please just the consumer

I never said I had a problem with Sony or Microsoft buying exclusives (though I'd prefer they used Nintendo's Bayonetta 2 method). The developer is the one who is frustrating. They made a promise to Wii U fans (a promise, I realize that isn't a legally bound agreement) when they confirmed it and they broke the promise. Yes, I am fully aware they CAN do this, but it's a crappy thing to do.

Dude, indies are trying to support their families. They don't have the luxury of doing what you are suggesting. They have to make ends meet.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

RogueBologna

@WaLzGi Speaking of high horse you sure like to give one of your 'facts of life' speeches to anyone who seems entitled to you or is upset about anything, It's hardly unreasonable to be a little annoyed when a developer breaks a promise (and this wasn't broken because they didn't have the money/ability, either).

@Jaz007 They made nearly double their kickstarter goal and got over $1.5 million. Seems like they had enough to fulfill their promises.

Edited on by RogueBologna

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

TheLZdragon

I'm not saying it's unreasonable to be upset. I'm saying it's unreasonable to be entitled to said version just because they "promised" it.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RogueBologna

@Jaz007 That article doesn't have the whole dev quote. EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/RedThreadGames/posts/495723240509125
@WaLzgi I have no interest in this game, I just posted about it because I thought it was pertinent to the thread and people would be interested. I never even stated my opinion on the situation until you stated yours (the "not a legal contract" thing). Then me saying it was a "anti-consumer" somehow was entitled? I never meant to have a stance on it, I was just posting because it was relevant. By no means do I feel entitled to this game.

Edited on by RogueBologna

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic