Forums

Topic: New Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive

Posts 101 to 120 of 130

LzWinky

Their Kickstarter page said nothing about a Wii U version. It was just for PC

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jaz007

RogueBologna wrote:

Aviator wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

And in similar news . . . https://mobile.twitter.com/RedThreadGames/status/499254653696... Had been confirmed for XBONE amd Wii U

Had it?

It was funded on Kickstarter for PC/Mac/Linux. Nintendo had approached them, but nothing was confirmed.

Edge Magazine had it written as confirmed for Wii U. Niw that I look it seems the general concensus on if a Wii U version would come was confusion, but I''ll try to find the confirmation.
EDIT: Not positive about XBONE, but here is an article confirming Wii U: http://t.joystiq.com/all/2013-07-30-dreamfall-chapters-on-a-l...

It looked likely, but it was never actually confirmed. He didn't actually say it was coming to Wii U.

Jaz007

Jaz007

RogueBologna wrote:

@Jaz007 First sentence. Developer confirmed it was coming.

Look at the developer quotes, it was never confirmed. The article jumped to conclusions, reasonable conclusions, but unconfirmed conclusions.

Jaz007

LzWinky

RogueBologna wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Their Kickstarter page said nothing about a Wii U version. It was just for PC

Kickstarter was only for PC, later confirmed to e coming to Wii U.

Even if they did, it's not some legal contract they have to abide

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Tomb Raider was announced originally as an Xbox (timed) exclusive. Why would I feel anything about this considering they're not obligated to release elsewhere? I'm not really seeing the connection in your argument

Edited on by LzWinky

LzWinky

It's called "competition" for a reason. Companies like Microsoft and Sony want exclusives to attract consumers. You can't have every system with the exact same line-up of games.

In capitalism, the consumer is NOT the only thing that matters in general. Companies will not always bend over backwards to please just the consumer

Edited on by LzWinky

LzWinky

Plans change. Sony gave them incentive. I really wish consumers would get off their high horse and be deluded that they are the center of everything

Edited on by LzWinky

AceDefective

WaLzgi wrote:

I really wish consumers would get off their high horse and be deluded that they are the center of everything

^This right here is the one of the many things I hate about modern gaming.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Jaz007

RogueBologna wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

It's called "competition" for a reason. Companies like Microsoft and Sony want exclusives to attract consumers. You can't have every system with the exact same line-up of games.

In capitalism, the consumer is NOT the only thing that matters in general. Companies will not always bend over backwards to please just the consumer

I never said I had a problem with Sony or Microsoft buying exclusives (though I'd prefer they used Nintendo's Bayonetta 2 method). The developer is the one who is frustrating. They made a promise to Wii U fans (a promise, I realize that isn't a legally bound agreement) when they confirmed it and they broke the promise. Yes, I am fully aware they CAN do this, but it's a crappy thing to do.

Dude, indies are trying to support their families. They don't have the luxury of doing what you are suggesting. They have to make ends meet.

Jaz007

LzWinky

I'm not saying it's unreasonable to be upset. I'm saying it's unreasonable to be entitled to said version just because they "promised" it.

Hy8ogen

@WaLzgi Thank you for explaining it to @Jaz007 on my behalf. I don't know either my wording was awful or confusing, but it seems like you are the only one who seemed to get my point. #shakes hand

@Beetlejuice Irrelevant to my point. I was talking about the consoles not the rationale behind the developer's decision to make cross-gen games.

I don't know about you guys, but if I really want to play a game, I'll just get the console that the game is on instead of staying upset and throwing tantrums. I've bought most of my game consoles solely for 1~3 games that was exclusive on it.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

dumedum

Hy8ogen wrote:

So it's a timed exclusive and it's coming to the 360? Which means it will come to the PS3 as well? Haha man this 8th generation has been a freaking big colossal joke. Love it or hate it, the Wii U is the only REAL 8th generation console so far. The PS4 and Xbox are just expensive living room ornaments with 99.99% of the games you can play on the 7th gen.

Before fanboys go "oh, but graphix!", well you can graphix my sorry foot.

'The Graphics Are Definitely Like 10% Better Than The Old Xbox'

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Jaz007

Hy8ogen wrote:

@WaLzgi Thank you for explaining it to @Jaz007 on my behalf. I don't know either my wording was awful or confusing, but it seems like you are the only one who seemed to get my point. #shakes hand

I understand your point, but Wii U would have just as many 7th Gen games that are desirable if it got good Third-Party support. Your point simply doesn't make sense, and there a number of released and upcoming 8th gen only games for PS4 (and XBone).

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

LzWinky

RogueBologna wrote:

@Jaz007 That article doesn't have the whole dev quote. EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/RedThreadGames/posts/495723240509125
@WaLzgi I have no interest in this game, I just posted about it because I thought it was pertinent to the thread and people would be interested. I never even stated my opinion on the situation until you stated yours (the "not a legal contract" thing). Then me saying it was a "anti-consumer" somehow was entitled? I never meant to have a stance on it, I was just posting because it was relevant. By no means do I feel entitled to this game.

I'm confused now...

8BitSamurai

When did this "entitled" thing start in the gaming community? (I think it was the Mass Effect 3 fiasco that popularized it but I could be wrong)

Every time you say something about a company and people people don't like it, you have 5 people down your throat claiming "entitlement" just as an automatic response. How does criticizing a company mean you feel "entitled"?

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

I understand your point, but Wii U would have just as many 7th Gen games that are desirable if it got good Third-Party support. Your point simply doesn't make sense, and there a number of released and upcoming 8th gen only games for PS4 (and XBone).

It depends. Games like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite didn't even do well on Xbox 360 or PS3. It makes 0 sense as to why they would try and get certain games onto Wii U that didn't even do well on 7th gen. People ACTUALLY complained about Wii U not getting the PS Vita Assassin's Creed, Dead Island Riptide, etc.

Some games did horrible without the Wii U involved, so why would they involve Wii U with that mess?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

It depends. Games like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite didn't even do well on Xbox 360 or PS3. It makes 0 sense as to why they would try and get certain games onto Wii U that didn't even do well on 7th gen. People ACTUALLY complained about Wii U not getting the PS Vita Assassin's Creed, Dead Island Riptide, etc.

Some games did horrible without the Wii U involved, so why would they involve Wii U with that mess?

That had absolutely nothing to do with what I said, and I'm pretty sure Infinite was a sucess.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

That had absolutely nothing to do with what I said, and I'm pretty sure Infinite was a sucess.

Yes it does. You just said Wii U could have some "desirable" 7th gen games if it had good 3rd party support. Alot of 7th gen games were starting to dwindle, either buy not being of high quality anymore or just selling poorly, so they had to take the loss and move on. 3rd parties were already doing poorly on 7th gen with alot of games, so it makes 0 sense why they would push that further.

Infinite wasn't a success, but it wasn't a failure, really. I think it sold enough to break even, but not much more than that. If Bioshock Infinite was a success, we would probably have an Xbox One and PS4 version by now, like GTA V, but they aren't going to risk anything that has to do with that game, except the iPad port of the first game from like 2007.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

8BitSamurai wrote:

When did this "entitled" thing start in the gaming community? (I think it was the Mass Effect 3 fiasco that popularized it but I could be wrong)

Every time you say something about a company and people people don't like it, you have 5 people down your throat claiming "entitlement" just as an automatic response. How does criticizing a company mean you feel "entitled"?

Entitlement has existed long before any of us. In terms of gaming, I'd say it's become very rampant starting this past generation. Companies make decisions, some gamers get upset, and a handful among those claim that they deserve better. In some cases they can be right, but in others they often go too far.

The best example is probably the Club Nintendo reaction. Some gamers post that they spent over $500 on games, so they somehow deserve more complimentary stuff. What they often don't mention is how said $500 was spent on a product that they received, but somehow they expected to be treated better in a complimentary program they didn't actually pay for.

In most cases however, frustration is stemmed at companies that make decisions that gamers in general do not like. A simple "I do not agree" "I do not like this" or "I do not support this" or some variant is a reasonable reaction, but "OMG, I've been a fan for 40 years and I deserve better." or "why is everyone anti-consumer?" or some exaggeration beyond simple joking is not as reasonable. It's no secret that most people in general often put themselves in the center of their opinion, but it's become more of a trend on the internet lately. However, everyone needs to realize that companies do not put you in the center alone. They have investors, developers, publishers, etc. to also please, and lastly they want money. And yet some gamers want to live in a world where all decisions will please them. Is this reasonable? Is this entitlement? Honestly, it's a case-by-case and post-by-post conclusion.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.