Other Gaming Forum

Topic: New Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive

Showing 101 to 120 of 149

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

101. Posted:

I wonder what year it'll be when I actually have to consider buying a XB1 or PS4.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

PandaBrit

102. Posted:

So gutted that the new tomb raider will be xbox one exclusive. I am not buying an xbox one just to play the game. I guess microsoft must of paid square enix a lot to make it exclusive.

PandaBrit

Twitter: brittanycaple

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

103. Posted:

Hy8ogen wrote:

So it's a timed exclusive and it's coming to the 360? Which means it will come to the PS3 as well? Haha man this 8th generation has been a freaking big colossal joke. Love it or hate it, the Wii U is the only REAL 8th generation console so far. The PS4 and Xbox are just expensive living room ornaments with 99.99% of the games you can play on the 7th gen.

Before fanboys go "oh, but graphix!", well you can graphix my sorry foot.

Wii U is the only real 8th gen because it's not getting games? As opposed to the others that are getting many more games?
Untitled

Currently playing: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, Rune Factory 4, 007 Blood Stone, and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

104. Posted:

I think he means that PS4 and One are pointless since a majority of the wanted games are also coming out on PS3 and 360

Untitled

This applies to the gaming industry and its fans as a whole ;)

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

105. Posted:

And in similar news . . . https://mobile.twitter.com/RedThreadGames/status/499254653696... Had been confirmed for XBONE amd Wii U

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

Aviator

106. Posted:

RogueBologna wrote:

And in similar news . . . https://mobile.twitter.com/RedThreadGames/status/499254653696... Had been confirmed for XBONE amd Wii U

Had it?

It was funded on Kickstarter for PC/Mac/Linux. Nintendo had approached them, but nothing was confirmed.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

107. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

Had it?

It was funded on Kickstarter for PC/Mac/Linux. Nintendo had approached them, but nothing was confirmed.

Edge Magazine had it written as confirmed for Wii U. Niw that I look it seems the general concensus on if a Wii U version would come was confusion, but I''ll try to find the confirmation.
EDIT: Not positive about XBONE, but here is an article confirming Wii U: http://t.joystiq.com/all/2013-07-30-dreamfall-chapters-on-a-l...

Edited on by RogueBologna

AuthorMessage

MightyKrypto

108. Posted:

its a timed exlusive. So it will come to PS4 & PC sooner than you think!

MightyKrypto

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

109. Posted:

Their Kickstarter page said nothing about a Wii U version. It was just for PC

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

110. Posted:

RogueBologna wrote:

Aviator wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

Had it?

Edge Magazine had it written as confirmed for Wii U. Niw that I look it seems the general concensus on if a Wii U version would come was confusion, but I''ll try to find the confirmation.
EDIT: Not positive about XBONE, but here is an article confirming Wii U: http://t.joystiq.com/all/2013-07-30-dreamfall-chapters-on-a-l...

It looked likely, but it was never actually confirmed. He didn't actually say it was coming to Wii U.

Currently playing: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, Rune Factory 4, 007 Blood Stone, and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

111. Posted:

@Jaz007 First sentence. Developer confirmed it was coming.

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

112. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

Kickstarter was only for PC, later confirmed to e coming to Wii U.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

113. Posted:

RogueBologna wrote:

@Jaz007 First sentence. Developer confirmed it was coming.

Look at the developer quotes, it was never confirmed. The article jumped to conclusions, reasonable conclusions, but unconfirmed conclusions.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

114. Posted:

RogueBologna wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Even if they did, it's not some legal contract they have to abide

Edited on by WaLzgi

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

115. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Even if they did, it's not some legal contract they have to abide

If that's the stance you're going to take you better feel the same way about Tomb Raider.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

116. Posted:

Tomb Raider was announced originally as an Xbox (timed) exclusive. Why would I feel anything about this considering they're not obligated to release elsewhere? I'm not really seeing the connection in your argument

Edited on by WaLzgi

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

117. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

Tomb Raider was announced originally as an Xbox (timed) exclusive. Why would I feel anything about this considering they're not obligated to release elsewhere? I'm not really seeing the connection in your argument

I never meant that in either case what the developer did was illegal or anything. I just thought they were similar in that the developers sold out and it was all really anti-consumer. I am confused though: was Tomb Raider ever said to be coming to PS4? If not, then the Dreamfall situation is far worse.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

118. Posted:

It's called "competition" for a reason. Companies like Microsoft and Sony want exclusives to attract consumers. You can't have every system with the exact same line-up of games.

In capitalism, the consumer is NOT the only thing that matters in general. Companies will not always bend over backwards to please just the consumer

Edited on by WaLzgi

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

119. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

It's called "competition" for a reason. Companies like Microsoft and Sony want exclusives to attract consumers. You can't have every system with the exact same line-up of games.

In capitalism, the consumer is NOT the only thing that matters in general. Companies will not always bend over backwards to please just the consumer

I never said I had a problem with Sony or Microsoft buying exclusives (though I'd prefer they used Nintendo's Bayonetta 2 method). The developer is the one who is frustrating. They made a promise to Wii U fans (a promise, I realize that isn't a legally bound agreement) when they confirmed it and they broke the promise. Yes, I am fully aware they CAN do this, but it's a crappy thing to do.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

120. Posted:

Plans change. Sony gave them incentive. I really wish consumers would get off their high horse and be deluded that they are the center of everything

Edited on by WaLzgi

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery