Forums

Topic: NBA Jam being given away for free on PS3/360

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

Oregano

From the makers of 'Dead Space Extraction being given away for free on PS3' come....

..... NBA Jam being given away for free of PS3/360!!!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1109971p1.html

It has online too so it's the definitive version.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

y2josh

Not the full game but i'll still be getting NBA Elite.

y2josh

Guybrush_Threepwood
  • The game will only be available via purchase of NBA Elite 2011. No stand-alone download release!
  • The game will not offer all game modes of the Wii version.

Bad news! I'm not interested in NBA Elite 2011. And no reason to buy it just for playing a demo of NBA Jam.

This really sucks! A full NBA Jam game with HD visuals, online multiplayer and no motion controls would have be an instant buy for me.

Why can't they just release a remake of the classic NBA Jam on XBLA/PSN?

Edited on by Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood

Oregano

In all likelihood it will be released on XBL and PSN some time next year and they'll do a DLC pack for the modes missing from the HD version.

and it's hardly a demo considering it appears to be missing a story mode but has online instead, which gives it much more playability!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

SuperMarioFan96

Wow, another game supposed to be Wii-exclusive being given out for free on PS3/360. Well sort of, since you have to buy NBA Elite 2011 to get it. I guess there are probably a lot of people who love arcade sports games and hate realistic sports games so that will turn people off.

@EA If you don't put online in the Wii version and it doesn't sell well, don't complain about it!

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Tasuki

I wonder how many of those Download NBA Jam codes are going to be on Ebay? Or how many copies of NBA Elite are going to be there without the code.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

Guybrush_Threepwood wrote:

• The game will only be available via purchase of NBA Elite 2011. No stand-alone download release!

Bad news! I'm not interested in NBA Elite 2011. And no reason to buy it just for playing a demo of NBA Jam.

This really sucks! A full NBA Jam game with HD visuals, online multiplayer and no motion controls would have be an instant buy for me.

The original game had, what, 2 modes? Yet it was worth a purchase back then. Still, I'm not gonna buy a lame basketball game just so I can play a good one. I'll wait for an XBLA release later down the road.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Guybrush_Threepwood

Tasuki wrote:

I wonder how many of those Download NBA Jam codes are going to be on Ebay? Or how many copies of NBA Elite are going to be there without the code.

I would bet on the latter!

Guybrush_Threepwood

mecoy

Mickeymac wrote:

The original game had, what, 2 modes? Yet it was worth a purchase back then. Still, I'm not gonna buy a lame basketball game just so I can play a good one. I'll wait for an XBLA release later down the road.

yeah nba jam still alive is going to be awesome

mecoy

RandomWiiPlayer

GameStop opens new boxes, right? Can't you just pay the guy to give you a code?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

ejamer

My joke thread got locked, but this clearly isn't free. Unless you are a marketer, don't advertise it as such, because it's really disappointing to see these titles and then find out that it's actually "free with a $60 purchase".... ie: NOT FREE AT ALL.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Ramandus

Hmm this news makes me really mad. I know that NBA Jam was on the Genesis, but I want it to be a Wii exclusive...

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Splat

You don't have to use motion controls on the Wii version I know I never will.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

darebear

I kinda like the motion controls for some things. It's when they try to apply them globally that it ruins games. While I wouldn't want to have to mimick the motion of dribbling I think it's kinda fun to shoot with a motion rather than a button push. The basketball portion of Sports Resort is surprisingly fun and satisfying...now just make it more realistic in some ways and more outrageous in others. That's what I'm hoping for Jam anyway.

darebear

the_shpydar

ejamer wrote:

My joke thread got locked, but this clearly isn't free. Unless you are a marketer, don't advertise it as such, because it's really disappointing to see these titles and then find out that it's actually "free with a $60 purchase".... ie: NOT FREE AT ALL.

This.

Ramandus wrote:

Hmm this news makes me really mad. I know that NBA Jam was on the Genesis, but I want it to be a Wii exclusive...

Why? What difference does it make?

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

MrB4

Still just want to play the Wii version, just because I already have it reserved.

Like me or Hate me, I will never change, so just deal with it.

Guybrush_Threepwood

Great news:

"In announcing the delay, EA also announced that Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the revamped NBA Jam will be available as standalone products "in time for the holidays." Those versions had originally been planned exclusively as downloadable additions available to purchasers of NBA Elite."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30646/EA_Delays_NBA_Elite_...

Guybrush_Threepwood

SpentAllMyTokens

Don't be surprised when sales are low for this game on Wii, EA when a significant portion of your target audience gets the game on PSN/XBLA. I'd imagine there's a fair amount overlap in people who would be interested in Elite and this, they're both basketball games (though obviously different kinds). I also wouldn't be surprised if it released for $50 as a Wii disk release, and then you could also buy it standalone on PSN/XBLA for like $15. If you have an HD system, holding out for that to happen, at this point, is a no brainer, seeing how many games are going this route now (and the fact that people know this will make it sell even less, yet I guarantee you there will be a statement from EA about how it's all the Wii's fault).

I have no problem with EA or anyone else making their titles multiplat. What I don't like is expecting that Wii owners will shell out $30+ more for a disk release of the same game offered on the other console's download services. If you want to do a Wii disk release and a PSN/XBLA release, make it a budget disk release on Wii, especially if you have fewer features on the Wii.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.