Forums

Topic: MY XBL ACCOUNT WAS HACKED

Posts 41 to 45 of 45

theblackdragon

screw your bank — if you used a card over the internet, even if it was a checkcard they still had to have ran it as credit, and as such you have protection via the credit card company it's linked to — Visa, Mastercard, whatever. Dispute the charges with the credit card company and get your money back that way.

Tasuki wrote:

transactions that I made while my XBL account was hacked

... wait, transactions you made or that were made in your name by the hackers? o_o;;

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

screw your bank — if you used a card over the internet, even if it was a checkcard they still had to have ran it as credit, and as such you have protection via the credit card company it's linked to — Visa, Mastercard, whatever. Dispute the charges with the credit card company and get your money back that way.

Tasuki wrote:

transactions that were made while my XBL account was hacked

... wait, transactions you made or that were made in your name by the hackers? o_o;;

Sorry I was flustered when I posted it still am. They were charges that the hackers made on my account. My CC number was on my XBL account and when they hacked it they used that CC number to buy MS points and Zune points. So I fixed what I meant to say.

Anyway I went to my bank and its MS cause they said that they have a strict rule that MS points are non refundable. I understand that the points are non refundable but I am not the one who bought them.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Bankai

TBD has some good advice, there Tasuki. In the event of credit theft, your best bet is to raise the issue with the provider of the credit itself - Visa or Mastercard in your case most likely.

It's a bit like if someone has their card stolen, and the thief went and bought $1000 in fashion from some clothes store. You're not going to get that money back from the clothes store - they're not actually responsible. You'll get it back from the credit provider though.

TeeJay

This is why buying prepaid cards is far superior.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: you're missing the point — don't go to your bank, they (as they've proven) don't have to do a damn thing for you. go to the credit card provider themselves — Visa, Mastercard, whomever — and make your case with them. you were the victim of credit card fraud, you should have stronger protection under their guidelines than your bank's.

also, in case you went to your bank because it was a checkcard — it doesn't matter if that money was taken from your bank account (as opposed to an actual line of credit). if the card was run as credit (which would be the case with any purchases made over the internet), you are under the umbrella of the credit card company whose logo graces your card.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.