Forums

Topic: MW2 stimulus pack to cost $15.

Posts 41 to 55 of 55

The_Fox

ninsane wrote:

and this DLC is slippery just cause it is popular dont mean it is good meth is pretty popular in my town but look at thier teeth adn look ath their lifes.

Worst comparison ever.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Slapshot

Lets see, I payed $50 USD for Modern Warfare 2, and I have 8 days, 17 hr and 18m exactly right now logged in the game. That is 209 hours+ of playtime. So Im down to 3.5 cents a HOUR worth out of my money. Whats another $15 bucks. Im getting my moneys worth lol.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

ninsane

Wait a minute with this fanboy talk - and please, a little self reflection instead of finger pointing :

1. There is no 'next gen' Well, there is, but it unreleased, This is CURRENT GEN. It has been for 5 YEARS! OK? Wii is a current gen console, just like 360 and PS3. Therefore your argument is biased from the start. So costs are out of control for a few publishers and they have to charge out the @$$ to break even?

2. I know that is business, Their business. I do not like it. I do not want to pay more and more and more and more, forever, because it s 'next gen' That is MY preference. You cannot excuse it away.

Also, if you knew business you would know that most major publishers lost money last year, and that SOny and Microsft are billions, yes billions of dollars in the red this generation. If you knew business.

So - you tell me, if I am a fanboy.

1. Why should Nintendo emulate their business failure?

2. Why is EA and Ubisoft losing money in the 4th and 5th years of console life cycles?

You just buy into marketing, whatever they ask you to pay, you pay. And they have not broke even yet. Should that not scare you, as a consumer?

I am nINSANE!

Slapshot

@ninsane.... well if Sony is so deep, why did they report 1 BILLION in PROFIT this past year.

theblackdragon

does anyone understand what ninsane is talking about? if it's anything more than 'waaaah, no one asked me how much I want to pay for (insert game/DLC here)' and random business talk pulled outta his rear, i'm lost, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Percentful

ninsane wrote:

Wait a minute with this fanboy talk

I think they will stop if you stop.

ninsane wrote:

Yes, it seems that you are one.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Bankai

ninsane wrote:

1. There is no 'next gen' Well, there is, but it unreleased, This is CURRENT GEN. It has been for 5 YEARS! OK? Wii is a current gen console, just like 360 and PS3. Therefore your argument is biased from the start. So costs are out of control for a few publishers and they have to charge out the @$$ to break even?

This point.. has no point. Game production for the current generation of technology is higher now than it was in the PS2 era. That's a fact. The Wii, technologically speaking, is a generation behind the PS3 and Xbox 360. It's cheaper and quicker to build a game engine, and a Wii development team can be smaller than a team dedicated to building a PS3 game. If consumers don't absorb the costs of a game, then publishers go bust, and it's game over. Ergo, game prices are set at a point where the publisher can break even, which is why PS3 and Xbox 360 games are more expensive than Wii games.

2. I know that is business, Their business. I do not like it. I do not want to pay more and more and more and more, forever, because it s 'next gen' That is MY preference. You cannot excuse it away.

Cool. You're entitled to not like it. That doesn't mean it's a bad business model, though.

Also, if you knew business you would know that most major publishers lost money last year, and that SOny and Microsft are billions, yes billions of dollars in the red this generation. If you knew business.

Firstly, you do know we were in a recession, right? That hit everyone pretty hard. Companies that were profitable were less profitable, and other companies made losses, yes.

It's worth nothing, however, that both Microsoft and Sony have business interests in more than just games. The gaming side of both Sony and Microsoft held up relatively well through the recession.

1. Why should Nintendo emulate their business failure?

Well, firstly, it's not a business failure, and secondly, Nintendo will need to adapt to the changing market conditions, and so far, it's shown typical resistance to that. The same resistance that hurt them badly in the N64/ Gamecube era looks set to hurt them as they refuse to properly embrase digital downloads.

2. Why is EA and Ubisoft losing money in the 4th and 5th years of console life cycles?

Both Ubisoft and EA are making investments to try and get involved in the market trends. EA acquired a social networking developer, Playfish, for instance. Investments cost money, so the bottom line looks like they're losing money. In reality, they aren't, they're just restructuring.

You just buy into marketing, whatever they ask you to pay, you pay. And they have not broke even yet. Should that not scare you, as a consumer?

It probably would scare me if I was a uninformed consumer. But then, I'm neither, so I know better, and what's really going on.

does anyone understand what ninsane is talking about? if it's anything more than 'waaaah, no one asked me how much I want to pay for (insert game/DLC here)' and random business talk pulled outta his rear, i'm lost, lol.

Basically, and he's trying to claim that DLC is a bad business model, and that companies are only doing it because they're losing so much money.

... I think.

Edited on by Bankai

Slapshot

@TBD..... LOL dang girl He doesnt know what he is talking about. DLC is a pain in the rear when the DLC drops the week of the games release. Map packs have been DLC for FPS games since heck way back in the days of Counter Strike, Black Hawk Down on PC. This nothing new, and 5 Maps instead of the 2-3 some give. Its nothing out of the ordinary one bit. Well, with exception to it being called a Stimulis Package, that would be FREE.

Edited on by Slapshot

cheetahman91

15 bucks for five maps doesn't seem to bad. It sounds like a worthy investment if someone puts a lot of time in the online. Some people just like to complain too much.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

SpentAllMyTokens

Buy what you think is worth the cost to you. If a company can make more money selling a game to more people for a lower price, they'll do that. Don't let the man tell you you have to buy something to be cool, but if you really want it and have the cash, well, that's what cash is for.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Slapshot

@tbd. LOL nope and token girl is on target too LOL. They do say girls are smarter! You know with exception to myself lol.

Raylax

I came into this thread happy. After reading it through I'm a gibbering wreck of pain and depression. Thankyou, NintendoLife.

Yeah so after reading the first post I did have something constructive to say but now I've gotten this far and forgotten it. Probably... companies suck. Or something.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Sean007s

If the map had 5 NEW maps...then the price would be fair but two new maps from a game I bought last year is not on.
Not buying it.

Just gonna get the free BC2 map packs.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.