Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,570

Metal_Slugger

@Haru17 Yeah I'm leaning towards the pro the more I think on it. I purchased two new 3ds just for MH. One for 4u and a Japanese one for X. I don't regret either of those purchases.

I hope we see some snow and volcano maps soon.

Metal_Slugger

Haru17

https://asia.playstation.com/en-id/press-releases/2017/1h/201...

The Rathalos edition PS4 Pro moves to Indonesia, raising hopes of a release in other regions not Japan. Note that it launches there in January instead of December, with the game like most special editions, and rounds up to the equivalent of about $550 USD. That's probably just regional pricing weirdness, but the bundle comes with the game so $450 USD is probable in western regions.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Metal_Slugger

I'm considering the Xbox one now for this. As I haven't really played the 360 or one ever. On the fence though as I think more players on Ps4 for randoms which I would like. On the other hand for other games the xbox interests me more. Little concerned how the cheaper X would handle MH. As for online friends most are hunters around the world, and not local. So no experience with either PS4, or Xbox online. Other than Japanese Gundam play. Which doesn't much count on the ps3 it was free. That clock is a ticking to for Black Friday deals. Already seeing some descent XboxS ones. So right now I think its down to the Xbox one S, X, or the PS4 pro. Just got to see the right deal.

Edit: Done deal after days of contemplating and thinking of my real priorities. I went the cheapest way I could go just get my hands on World for now. I was getting sidetracked by the best graphics, and looking at games basically I would never buy, and I feel good about saving some money anyways. I ordered the x box one s for 189 with three month free online. Best deal I could find to get started on MHW. I got the xbox tax free, shipping free at newegg.

Edited on by Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger

KirbyTheVampire

Are your bodies ready for the Beta? Mine certainly is.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@KirbyTheVampire I think I'm beginning to vibrate with excitement. I played the 4U demo for like more than 24 hours leading up to launch, and with this one it's like they're daring me to do that again.

What weapons do you main, and which are you interested to try out. I've done long sword / switch axe / great sword before and I'm probably going to test them out first. Then insect glaive, then the revamped bowguns. Some of the weapons have unique sliding and wall jump attacks, so that'll probably be like a half hour of singleplayer play.

KirbyTheVampire

@Haru17 I honestly don't know what I'll end up maining, because it's been such a long time since I played Tri, but I was pretty decent with the longsword back then, so I'll probably give that a try first. I was pretty much garbage with the great sword and bowgun though, so I don't really expect that to change here. Everything else I could hold my own pretty well with, but I wasn't super incredible with them. But I think I was like 10 or so back when Tri came out, so I don't feel too bad about my noobish-ness, lol.

I'll probably try pretty much everything though, just to see how it's all changed over the years.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@KirbyTheVampire Oh really? Almost every weapon has a good few new animations / shot types, so it definitely wouldn't hurt to experiment. You can now play bow by sliding around everywhere and jump-stabbing monsters with arrows manually, for instance.

I'm really excited just to explore the new areas. I already kinda get the layout of their main areas, but there are tons of intricate little passageways and ledges to scour.

There's this weapon guide on the Japanese website. It's not translated, obviously, but that comes with the territory:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/topics/beta/image...

KirbyTheVampire

@Haru17 Oh, sweet. I might have to try out the bowgun again, then. I did find it annoying to constantly be worrying about ammo, though.

That's cool that the maps are more intricate, especially if there's no loading screens. There was a pretty major lack of alternate routes in Tri, which made hunts feel less dynamic than they should. I should feel like I'm in the wilderness with a bunch of possible paths, not a big arena.

I might skip the weapon guide because I'm one of those weird people who thinks even seeing a map or creature is a spoiler, but thanks! I'll take a look at it if I'm having trouble with one of the weapons.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@KirbyTheVampire No, I agree about spoilers, I've just been too excited about World to not look. In a similar sense the beta is going to spoil the start of our first playthroughs, but I'm not too torn up about it. I don't think Monster Hunter necessarily has to be that kind of experience.

So, do you not know what the areas are even? If you've really dodged so many spoilers, you're in for some surprises...

KirbyTheVampire

@Haru17 It is a bit of a bummer that we'll be seeing part of it before we actually buy it, but the chance to try the game out before it actually releases is just too good to pass up. I usually prefer giving games a try before I get them, especially games that aren't narrative-based. I'm 99% sure I wouldn't regret buying World though, but oh well.

Not really, no. I know there's the jungle one and a swamp-ish one, but that's about it. I've been avoiding the game like the plague.

KirbyTheVampire

-Green-

So we'll need that stupid PS Plus to play this game online on PS4 right?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

KirbyTheVampire

@-Green- I'm assuming so. Don't take my word on that, though.

If you did end up subscribing for a month or whatever, it's too bad the Beta is in December. You could have gotten a free game or two, but the current selection sucks IMO.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

You can create a new account and start a PS+ trial to play the beta. You wouldn't get the face paint though.

Untitled

I watched Gaijinhunter's monster feature on Rathalos, then his video on it, and I would be really jazzed for a Yama Tsukami redesign like the third or fifth gen Raths. It's title is the 'Floating Mountain Dragon' and its design is a mix of an octopus (complete with a mouth underneath), a mountain, and a balloon. However, the PS2 wasn't exactly the time to be making mountains to fight so it's only covered with moss and algae, no trees or rocks that would reside on a mountain. I want one like Torterra, with a big oak tree growing on top of it like it's the moon in Majora's Mask.

After all, Yama's tentacle spin is one of those Duramboros flip-like set piece moves that really make Monster Hunter exciting. I'd love to see it get an alternate animation that let's it spin around the Ancient Forest like an N64 Peahat or something. More realistically, it would be suited to a wider plains area, perhaps something to really give you the sense of this monster looming over you and your attacks struggling to reach it. Anything would be an improvement on it being stuck in one place in the tower.

Mounting could work like giant monsters where you walk around on its back freely and weak spots (maybe the tree?). And downing it could have a great sense of impact to it, with a great crash and billowing dust cloud after you send it to the earth. It'd also be fun to just see it inhaling Aptonoth up into its octopus mouth, but because of its floating it might look like an alien saucer abduction before the big 'chomp!' XD

Edited on by Haru17

zionich

@KirbyTheVampire I am excited !!!!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

My Rathalos PS4 Pro was delivered at the forwarding service address today. I should be making arrangements to have it shipped out soon.

MH World Rathalos PS4 Pro Unboxing

Wasn't planning on downloading the demo because I'm in the middle of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (one of the few game series I love every bit as much as Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem), and I've only got so many weekends left to finish the game before January 26th when MH World releases. I topped 600 hours in XCX and played well into late January (and it had the exact same release date as XC2), so it's going to be a close call with Xenoblade 2. Plus I didn't want to burn a month and a half of PS+ sub by starting it early.

That said, I decided to go ahead and download the demo. It probably won't take that long to do 3 hunts, and I seriously doubt the sub expiring in December instead of January is going to make a difference either way because I will have moved on from the game at that point anyways. So screw it. I'm going to check out the game tomorrow.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

The 'Third Fleet Trailer' revealed that Lavasioth and Uragaan are returning in a new map called — and they were very clear about this — 'Nergigante's Crystal Lava Hell.' The inspiration was apparently the final board of a Mario Party game. Oh, and there's a Mega Man collaboration for Palicos.

Edited on by Haru17

GoldenGamer88

Pre-downloaded the demo, hope I‘ll find time to get to it in-between Splatfest and Xenoblade 2. Would be my first MH experience and considering I already preordered the full game, this demo is very welcome.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

JaxonH

I think MegaMan looks horrible. That 8-bit look is not working in a realistic 3D game. Even the Palico MegaMan outfits from the 3DS looked better. I don't understand why they wouldn't just take the model from MegaMan 11 and plop that in the game, making it a little more realistic like the Palicos (which look perfect). Not only would it look better and not seem out of place, but it would actually tie in with an upcoming game as well.

Ah well. I was never big on the tie-in content anyways. Though I would have been with MegaMan 11.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

Yeah, I agree XD. It looks just as bad as that 3D 8-bit Link amiibo. There is something interesting about just... looking at him in a 3D environment though. It's like his lighting is flatter or something — completely weird. It's definitely odd that they created Minecraft Mega Man when they had several games' worth of 3D assets. Good thing I don't care about retro games.

That all being said, the boss music for different weapons is pretty cool. I wonder just how many collaborations will be in World...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic