Posts 921 to 940 of 1,570

zionich

@DarthNocturnal Then can always add loot boxes for monster parts later 😂

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Haru17

What's a 9-letter word for an offline MMO?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

You just wait, pretty soon it'll be raining Nargacugas and Zinogres!

zionich

@Tsurii Especially if it's true that CAPCOM is in trouble.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

No. A G-Rank expansion would be preferred, actually. I have nothing against solid DLC or expansions. If this game added a $25-30 G Rank expansion I'd be all over it

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii And now you're just looking for things to whine about. Rescinding on a PR statement like that would cause a huge amount of flack.
Good grief it's basically impossible to discuss the game when we have fools on opposite extremes.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

MFD

Well, I can only say that I hope Capcom won't succumb to that kind of BS.

MFD

Haru17

"Fools are people who don't agree with me."

In any case, Capcom never said that all DLC would be free. The translated quote was "We will continue to release free quests as we always have" and "Monster Hunter has always been a series that supported free DLC and you can expect us to continue in that tradition."

That covers all of the collaboration quests normally added, but not anything with actual new monsters because they've never added new monsters to any of the main games as DLC. They could and most likely will sell a World expansion pack or Ultimate version (expect it to be called GOTY/definitive edition) within the expectations they have set.

No one's lying or going back on anything, you're just over-assuming and those sites that threw "all DLC will be free" in their headlines are misreporting.

Edited on by Haru17

CrazedCavalier

So, there was a pastebin of monster names that predicted several new ones and has gotten taken down. The full list:
リオレイア Rathian
リオレイア亜種 Pink Rathian
リオレウス Rathalos
リオレウス亜種 Azure Rathalos
ディアブロス Diablos
ディアブロス亜種 Black Diablos
キリン Kirin
キリン亜種 Oroshi Kirin
クシャルダオラ Kushala Daora
ナナ・テスカトリ Lunastra
テオ・テスカトル Teostra
ヴォルガノス Lavasioth
イビルジョー Deviljho
ボルボロス Barroth
ウラガンキン Uragaan
アルバトリオン Alatreon
アンジャナフ Anjanath
ドスジャグラス Great Jagras
プケプケ Pukei-Pukei
ネルギガンテ Nergigante
ゼノ・ジーヴァ Xeno'jiiva
ゾラ・マグダラオス Zorah Magdaros
クルルヤック Kulu-Ya-Ku
ジュラトドス Jyuratodus
トビカガチ Tobi-Kadachi
パオウルム Paolumu
レイギエナ Legiana
ドスギルオス Great Girros
オドガロン Odogaron
ラドバルキン Radobaan
ヴァルハザク Vaal Hazak
ドドガマル Dodogama
財宝ドラゴン
バゼルギウス Bazelgeuse
ツィツィヤック Tzitzi-Ya-Ku
ジャグラス Jagras
メルノス Mernos
ケストドン Kestodon
ガジャウ Gajau
ラフィノス Raphinos
シャムオス Shamos
バルノス Barnos
ギルオス Girros
ガストドン Gastodon
ノイオス Noios
36 large monsters total, 19 of them new

Jyuratodus and Radobaan being in makes Urugaan and Lavasioth seem like safe guesses. Gen 1 monsters getting subspecies but nobody else is odd, yet believable considering Gen's handling of the Metal Raths. .

Most interestingly, this list seems to suggest something that the world map also suggests: https://i.redd.it/4j3m9sndvevz.png
No tundra area.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Haru17

You're taking that map out of context. Look in the northwest, there are more fog of war triangles, meaning the world map probably pans up to some degree. There are not going to be only four areas, not with how predictably Capcom are hitting up Sony events with region reveal trailers and Playstation Experience still to come.

The map also confirms a research post connected to the Rotten Vale and Coral Highlands like Astera is connected to the forest and waste. Some sort of alternative town?

Anyway, Capcom streamed a little walkthrough / gameplay of the Rotten Vale. It's 27 minutes into this video — spoilers, of course.

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/186837978

SLIGEACH_EIRE

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-01-if-monster-hunte...

From what they say here, it doesn't sound like Monster Hunter: World is ever coming to the Switch. I'll pick out some quotes shortly.

...I know that Monster Hunter is great. There are a few million others, whether that's in the series' traditional homeland of Japan or further afield, who know that too. The problem is, Monster Hunter has never had the mainstream, widespread global appeal that Capcom feels it really should have, and that the series most definitely deserves.

...What it really feels like, ultimately, is a colossal step on from the last mainline entry in the series (that'd be Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, a game whose directors - Kaname Fujioka and Yuya Tokuda - return for Monster Hunter World). Coming from the confines of a 3DS screen to the expanse of World being played on a PS4 Pro on a 49-inch screen, you understand why there was reluctance to call this one Monster Hunter 5. It's such a leap it may as well be Monster Hunter 7 or 8.

"Monster Hunter has always been based around utilising the hardware we had at hand," Fujioka tells me in a small meeting room at Capcom's Osaka headquarters. "On handheld, it was having these fun games you could take anywhere and play with people around you - they were based on short-term production cycles, too. This time, one of our focuses is having players sit down and relax and immerse themselves deeply in the game. I'm happy to hear that you think it sounds like Monster Hunter 7 or 8! Really, though, it's about making a Monster Hunter that's tailored to the hardware."

And so Monster Hunter World does feel like it's been tweaked for the longer sessions that home consoles are associated with, and been furnished with the hooks that'll keep you coming back for more. Perhaps more pertinently, it feels like a game designed for hardware as it's employed today...

...That loop remains as compelling as ever, embellished with a new set of features only possible on more powerful hardware such as the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

..."I've been involved with the series since the very beginning," Fujioka says of Monster Hunter: World's guiding concept. "Once we were finished with 4 Ultimate, our basic foundation, the request from producers, was bringing Monster Hunter to a new platform, to these high spec consoles.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH

Hmm, guess I still get email notifications from threads I watch.

I don't think anyone ever thought it was coming to Switch. If it was, they would have announced it for Swirch, which they didn't. And exclusivity in Japan means Sony has paid to keep it off other platforms which means it would be a waste of money porting a handheld version that can't be sold in Japan.

We've known from the dawn of time this game is not coming to Switch, and will never come to Switch. As they said, they will "adapt the series to Switch" meaning it will have it's own games.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH You forgot the most important part of "adapt the series to Switch" that being (full quote) "But in the future, thinking of something like the Switch, we'll think about how to adapt it for that platform.”

Think, so a lot of stuff up in the air.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Don't read too deep into it.

Full context is think how not think if

It's a common expression. Again, don't read too much into it

Edited on by JaxonH

MFD

@JaxonH That aside, how hard could it be for Capcom to give an announcement that a title/localization is coming for Switch/3DS? I mean, the least they could do, is give the Western people XX for 3DS as a final farewell.

I may sound pessimistic, but Capcom has not given much reason to hold faith in anything but the quality of World.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight

I would love it if they make a new game for Switch. And I think they will because money hungry Capcom isn't charitable enough to flush 4 million sales per release down the crapper for no reason. They won't abandon their portable market, not a chance.

But whatever happens happens. If they do they do, if they don't they dont. Either way I've got Monster Hunter XX on Switch and no one can take that away from me. I can hunt monsters on Switch til I'm old and grey haired now. And I've got a new, bigger, better Monster Hunter on PS4 and X1 on the way, and even if it's not on Switch I'll survive. It's the game I care about far more than the platform. I mean, it's a bummer to have to play the game on PS4/X1, for sure, but it's the game that matters.

And I'm just glad my favorite game is getting a new entry. They could release a new Capcom Console and put MH World on that, and only that one game, and I'd buy the console just for this one game. So screw it. Platforms matter to me but at the end of the day, I'm getting a new Monster Hunter. I don't care if it's on Switch, PS4, Xbox One or an iPhone X. I'm gonna play and enjoy this game.

Edited on by JaxonH

MFD

@JaxonH Again, they could've announced something if they're not willing to flush those sales down said crapper. Publishers/developers may think only in money and more money, but those that buy from them don't. There are people willing to buy DOOM/Wolfenstein only to show support to Bestheda on the platform for crying out loud, people WILL hold Capcom's attitude against them, and why shouldn't they?

I'll be playing World on my PC as well, but I can still more than imagine the disappointment of Western MH fans to not even get a mention of XX for either 3DS or Switch.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight

I think the MHXX ship has long sailed man. Anyone who wants it can import it. They will announce something but obviously you gotta give it some time. It's gonna be a while before a new game can be developed and they're not gonna announce it til it's almost ready.

The disappointment over lack of MHXX localization passed some time ago. People have accepted it and moved on. Nobody cares anymore

MFD

@JaxonH That may be, but do you honestly think people will just "forget" how Capcom is acting? You've seen the reactions on the NintendoEverything article, people are getting sick and tired of Capcom's attitude.

Again, take example of Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon Switch, 2 games that will probably take quite some time to be ready, especially considering that the Pokemon guys have so far only worked with 3DS development. Just like how Nintendo announced those 2 to send a message about the Switch, and about the franchises, so too could Capcom do the same, but they haven't, and I feel that says something about Capcom and their attitude towards Nintendo in the West.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Before going on, this is WAY off topic for this thread, which is about MH World.

I'll end by saying this. Regardless of whether people "forget" it doesn't make a split of difference. People care about games. And if they bring a game people want, people will buy it. The number of people who will be like "fantastic game! But you only brought 4 games to Switch in its first year, and you never localized MHXX, so I'm not buying! #Neverforget" those people barely exist, even on the internet much less the masses.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic