Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,825

shonenjump86

Comes out in January? Starting the year off right.

Yo, what's up? Not a fanboy to any console, but I do spend time on Xbox 360 more than anything else at the moment. I play a lot of fighting games such as Street Fighter, Tekken, and Dead or Alive.
PSN: shonen86
Xbox Live: shonenjump86
3DS: 4339 2566 1897
Add me if you l...

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2566-1897 | Nintendo Network ID: Shonenjump86

JaxonH

I preordered Digital Deluxe on my X1 last night. Gotta play day one, soon as it releases. Gonna take off from work too.

Got the special editions preordered though. This is my favorite franchise. Spare no expense when new MH games roll around.

But ya the collector edition includes the Digital Deluxe bonus armor and charm I believe, so no loss if you order it.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Haru17

https://giphy.com/gifs/1vZcGTjWsgsX6/html5

Oh man, just look how detailed the monster models are now. Rathalos' lip jiggles when he breathes out! Not sure if this is only a cutscene / ecology thing, but I'd imagine not as most resources in MH go into making the hunts dynamic.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DarthNocturnal

No, there's a loss alright.... an extra $80+ loss. $150 US? My guess is $170 Canadian. As nice as a statue and an artbook I'll only flip through once or twice sound, I've got other 2018 games I want.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Haru17

Yeah, I don't see the need to buy the collector's edition seeing how Nerg doesn't appear that beautiful to start. That and I'd much rather just get the full soundtrack digitally through iTunes or something. The $70 collector's edition is an easy buy though. I think that's a great compromise for the price of games staying at 60 for so long, DA: Inquisition went the same route.

JaxonH

I think the new flagship is ugly as sin. Worst flagship design of the series to date. But this is MH. I need the collector edition. The box and the artbook are a must. For both systems- MH collectibles don't come around too often.

Just need that MHXX Switch dock and system now. But I can't afford it. It's marked up by scalpers and I'm already getting the PS4 Rathalos Edition (which will be $525 after paying to forward shipping) and Xbox One X, even though I did snag it for $300 (thanks to $200 in BestBuy reward certs).

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

If that artbook was a lore/ background story book and had stuff like monster cross-sections and whatnot.... well, then they'd have my attention. (although I'd probably try to buy it separately if the bundle was still $150 US with nothing else I want).

Think Hyrule Historia, Monster Hunter Edition.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Haru17

I think we have to reserve judgement on Nerg until at least TGS where Capcom have promised further details about it. I mean Gore Magala is just a generic fantasy black dragon until you see its enrage, or the end of the game where it randomly turns golden like a Chain Chomp on Isle Delfino.

We still haven't seen its honest combat animations or where it fits into the environments besides a very tiny screenshot of it in the Wildspire Waste. Nerg could still end up as my favorite monster in the series if we fight it at the same time we do that giant volcanic Gogmazios like Seltas + Seltas Queen. And there is still that tapestry with Nerg emerging from the giant's maw, it might still be a hatchling like fresh-poured lava. That being said, the statue is going to do none of those things, so I don't think I need it.

Speaking of Gore, if it returns I don't want it to be two fights separated by quests. I would want every 10th Gore or something semi-rare like that to dynamically molt into Shagaru and refill its health, the fight would be so much more valuable if it was multiple phases of one creature like Nakarkos and not essentially a subspecies as an end boss.

A Reddit user was speculating about the virus as a dynamic mechanic for other monsters as opposed to just going on quests with already-frenzied monsters. It would be cool if you're fighting an Anjanath, Gore flies over, and its saliva turns ashen and it starts snorting little black-purple motes of virus as it goes into an enrage / frenzy phase. That would serve to sell the contagion aspect of Gore as opposed to just a preset quest.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
With GCU it'll only be $119.99 and then another 10% back for BBCC and double reward points, so effectively $107.99.

I have the Monster Hunter Illustrations art books, volumes 1 and 2 (volume 3 hasn't been localized yet). They're absolutely amazing.

Untitled

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Haru17

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/title/mhw.php

So here is Capcom's TGS site for World. They have main stage hunts scheduled on the 23rd and 24th that I read elsewhere were still the two brute wyverns, but that seems unlikely unless they mean to reiterate the information for the first big Japanese event.

I don't know when Capcom mean to break news for the first day of TGS, but I imagine it'll be about the flagship or new zone. It's 6:20 am on the 19th in Japan right now and TGS' opening ceremony runs from 9:30 to 10:30.

JaxonH

I thought Gore was ugly too, tbh. But he actually looks much cooler in game because he has a lot of purple color that shimmers. And then when he goes in the rage mode he just looks wickedly awesome.

But this new flagship is just butt freaking ugly lol. I'm not saying he won't be fun to fight, but he's ugly as heck

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

Whereas in Canada, it'll still be $170+, thanks to the “What's a rewards program?“ offer that Best Buy.ca has going on.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Have you thought about getting someone in the US with a GCU account to plug you with orders when you need, and maybe offer to snag stuff from CN and ship to US for them in return?

I am willing to bet even accounting for $20 shipping, you'd still come out ahead if you piled up orders over the span of a few months and then have them ship all at once. I do that for @Sinalefa in Costa Rica. He tells me what to pre-order and order, and I buy it all for him and then when the box is full, I give him a total plus shipping and he paypals me.

I'd maybe start putting the feelers out there for people you could work out a deal with.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

Eh, I don't think that's for me. Nevermind the fact that there's nothing in Canada that you couldn't just grab in the US, but I don't preorder anything and everything all at once. Plus I sometimes have consider which games I want sooner and which I want later. Pre-ordering is mostly for special offers (E3 sales, freak discounts, and the occasional special edition.... oh, and stuff like NES/ SNES Classic, if I think it might be hard to find).

tl;dr gaming priorities keep shifting. Well, that, and I'm not the “howdy person I've never met, let's act as proxies so we can buy video games“ kind of person.

-Green-

I'm okay with his design, it looks brooding and tough, but for me it just doesn't look unique enough for what I would want from a flagship monster.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Joeynator3000

Really hope it at least brings in a new mechanic or something, since most of the flagships do that in some way.

Joeynator3000

Haru17

Well considering that it's perching on or coming out of an elder dragon, I think there'll be something lol. Let's just hope it's not another status ailment. It's purple and orange and spikey, let's move on.

It seems as if we're getting a more elaborate sea battle with the lava elder dragon unless that whole Titanic-y scene was only a cutscene (And if so why? Scenes like that are always boss fight intros in MH.). Swinging from a ship's rafters onto an elder dragon Black Flag-style would be pretty awesome. It's cool to see how far we've come since the Lao-Shan Lung and then Jhen Mohran setpieces.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

Rainforest Cafe collaboration?

-Green-

Nergigante has a unique mechanic to itself. It regenerates skin and armor as it fights (regardless if you are currently attacking it), fortifying itelf. Resulting in it forming white spikes, which if not broken, will allow it to hit harder. Credit to GaijinHunter for translating this.

Basically, it's a monster that forces you to go aggro with it, or it will maul you.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic