Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,570

Grumblevolcano

I also think God of War will be delayed but the delay announcement won't happen until like January or February. Sony gains nothing by announcing a delay in 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH They have been talking up the story, though.
And I still think 1.5-2m is a far more realistic prediction for World.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

MFD

@CrazedCavalier I would certainly agree that nothing is set in stone regarding the sales. Many risks still abound, not just in gameplay.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

zionich

There is only one copy that matters, my copy =)

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Haru17

@zionich More or less. Monster Hunter is going to put along as it always has. I don't expect World to be some big multi million seller, but it can outsell 3, it can do Metroid numbers. And at the end of the day the only story that matters with art is your individual entertainment.

And when this game gets done Capcom will scale it down just like they did with Portable 3rd and sell it to Japan to bring home their keep.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@UmniKnight Monster Hunter and God of War are way too different gameplay-wise to influence each other. Monster Hunter on PS4 is also an important thing (I assume it'll sell a lot better on PS4 than Xbox One). I don't think Sony even wants to compete with Monster Hunter, it's only beneficial for them if MH does well on PS4. If their release dates happen to be on the same day, I can see Sony delaying GOW, not because it would make a huge difference, but to give Monster Hunter enough room to sell. You know... just in case.

Octane

MFD

@Octane They're already doing a good job cutting into XX where they can, so it wouldn't surprise me. They're just that desperate to get it to stick to PS it seems.

Personally though, I just want to know about the PC port. I guess the delay for that one, is because they want to do it properly, and I really hope they indeed do it properly, otherwise I can see PC sales plummeting at the Steam reviews slam into it like a burning comet.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Octane

@UmniKnight Cutting into XX? How?

Is the PC port done by an external studio? If not then I expect it to arrive on the same day. The game is being developed for PC after all.

Octane

MFD

@Octane They've already confirmed that the PC version is coming later than the PS4/Xbox One releases. And for the cutting into, refer here: http://www.dualshockers.com/monster-hunter-world-ps4-xx-switc...

"Media Create mentions that while Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate was a Wii U launch title and released close to the year end shopping season, Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver.‘s debut is considered “dull.” According to the firm, information on Monster Hunter World for PS4 was announced just before the game’s release, and it’s believed that a number of users are waiting for that."

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Octane

@UmniKnight And they forgot to mention that it was a port of expansion. All things considered, it sold pretty well. Maybe it's just MH fatigue? Anyway, yes I'm sure some held off and prefer to wait for World, but that's difficult to tell and is nothing more than speculation. Capcom thought E3 was a fine date to reveal the game, I don't disagree. Maybe they thought XX on the Switch wouldn't be a huge success anyway? Because like I said, it was just a port of an expansion. You can't release the same game indefinitely.

Octane

MFD

@Octane But then my question is very simple: Why release a port of an expansion, in a country where the game it comes from is, when the West is left sitting on the back of their head, for want of one, but not getting one? Oh right, they want all eyes on World, even this far before World is even here! sigh

MFD

Octane

@UmniKnight Just like how the entire internet wants a new F-Zero (me included), but will struggle to sell a million copies?

I don't think it would've done a lot better in the west. I mean, I don't understand why they don't release it, since it's already localised, but I don't record breaking sales if it did happen.

Octane

MFD

@Octane No, I don't think it'd break record sales, but if you're talking about selling well, what would do better: The place the original is at, and gets preferential treatment as is, and thus feels the fatigue far harder? Or the place where they'd really like another console MH experience, haven't had a new one in a while, yet one that in this case, won't impact the handheld base that's been so meticulously built over the years, and now gets a nice big middle-finger?

MFD

zionich

@UmniKnight Honestly all they had to do was put an English option in the Japanese version and more people that follow and want the game would import or get it off of the Japanese Eshop.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

MFD

@zionich Yup. That, and if it had an English option, my retailer would import it.

MFD

Haru17

The hesitance over localizing XX probably stems from Capcom's worry about burning the fanbase with a Switch port that doesn't look even nearly as good as it should and the understanding that if they only release the 3DS version it'll make western gamers mad. Not to mention the fact that western gamers haven't seen the upgrade model since the three year gap between Tri and 3U.

And about World's announcement potentially hurting XX Switch sales, though. Monster Hunter 4 has already been released four different times and World was announced less than a year ahead of its eventual release date. According to Gaijinhunter Japanese gamers see the Switch as a console that's easier to play on the go, not a handheld. Not to mention how the excitement is gone because XX is months old there and they've already played Cross.

Haru17

I'm looking forward to being able to do this in normal play due to the improved camera controls and voice chat coordination. I want to see the gifs of launch + slinger + glider mantle + launch into a mount, it could be like that game of tapping a ballon to keep it in the air.

Also, FYI, World's issue of Famitsu comes out tomorrow in Japan.

MFD

@Haru17 And here I was told that Nintendo is marketing it handheld in Japan. That and it being used handheld being apparently very prevalent.

MFD

Haru17

@UmniKnight Well XX was already released on handheld in Japan, so it makes sense how they would see a rerelease on a brand new $300 system as the remaster or 'console version.' Kinda makes you wonder why they made it at all if my guess is right and Capcom never meant to make it pretty enough for a worldwide release (not saying it won't come though).

Edited on by Haru17

MFD

@Haru17 Let alone them saying something asinine as this: http://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-monster-hunter-xx-switch... while the game only releases in Japan, which has X already, and where it's near certain that people are bored of it/far less likely to buy it.

Proves to me that you can't have faith in Capcom. They very clearly don't know what the F they're doing in that regard.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic