Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,570

CrazedCavalier

@Ralizah "Super cereal" ...spellcheck?
They've confirmed the steak jingle is still in; honestly though, the series itself is fairly self-serious in Japan despite everything. 8-4 are the ones adding all the jokes, memes, and innuendos/crude humor in the localization; I personally wouldn't mind that stuff going away.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Ralizah

@CrazedCavalier

Well, the series did have poogie in it, and the ending of MHX was, of course, VERY light hearted. Didn't know that the NPC dialogue wasn't jokey in Japanese, though (I just assumed they replaced more Japanese humor with the memey humor they've become known for). Do we know who is localizing World?

Glad the steak jingle is making the cut. It's a small thing, but small details add up.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CrazedCavalier

@Ralizah ...That's why I didn't recognize it.

Oh, yeah, Gen's ending animation-- well, that game was meant to be more of a celebration project than anything. As for poogies, I've honestly tuned them out; they're just a secondary cute mascot to sell more merchandise of.

The Felynes are dripping with the same half a dozen cat puns again, so it looks like they've got 8-4 still.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

JaxonH

Like the new trailers. New monsters look good. Nice to finally get something new to chew on- I got bored to death talking about that same monster in that same area.

But... this game is still a ways off, and I've got a new Monster Hunter to play next week, followed by a ton of games between now and whenever World releases next year. After MHXX there's Mario Kingdom Battle, then Metroid Samus Returns, Monster Hunter Stories, Pokken Tournament, Mario Odyssey, Ni No Kuni 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Skyrim and Rocket League, probably Kirby and Yoshi as well...

I'll give this game more attention in due time, after I've had my fill of MHXX and MH Stories and when there's fewer games standing between now and its release date. 2018 is already confirmed to have a new Monster Hunter and a new Fire Emblem. And very possibly Pokémon as well (and if it gets pushed past December, Xenoblade). That's like... an all star lineup every bit as exciting as 2017 was with Zelda, Splatoon, Mario, Persona and Monster Hunter.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH I've got EOV, FEW, Xenoblade 2, FE Switch, Code Vein, DW9, and this on the horizon. There's a lot of good looking games coming out in the next year.

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
Ah yes, got EOV as well, need to complete the boxed set along with all the others. Let me know how Code Vein is btw.

I know you're not importing MHXX, but no MH Stories either? No Metroid Samus Returns? No Mario Odyssey or Kingdom Battle? No Ni No Kuni 2?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH I'm a student without even a Switch yet (which I plan to get alongside FEW). My only current gen gaming platforms are 3DS and Xbox One. Of the games you listed, the only one I'm interested in is Samus Returns, but that's going in my backlog.

Plus, I got my own laptop and have begun emulating. Just knocked out 7th Dragon 2020, have Valkyria Chronicles 3 already downloaded.
Not all of us are made of money.

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
Not all of us are made of money

Not sure how this came up. A simple "I still don't have a Switch" would have sufficed, But to set the record straight, I'm buying video games and consoles, not Lamborghinis and country clubs. And earn every last cent I make.

You listed Xenoblade 2, which is a Switch game, so it wasn't far fetched to assume you had one or were getting one. And besides, by your own admission it seems lack of interest is the culprit here, not lack of money. Which makes that statement all the more unnecessary. Sure would be nice to have a normal conversation for once without little jabs thrown in all the time

Haru17

Untitled

Johnnycal25

Wait.... So did they announce Monster Hunter World for the Switch?

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnnySocal

TOP 10 Metroid Commercials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDYETZ1ZYZ4&t=160s
TOP 20 Nintendo DS Games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJrm6mNrcpU

Trying to expand my Youtube channel. Thanks for the support!!!

Ralizah

@JaxonH
August: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
September: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
October: Super Mario Odyssey and Etrian Odyssey V

And... that's it for this year! There are a few other games I'd love to get, but they'd go straight into my backlog if I did.

2017 is a fantastic year.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

@Johnnycal25 No, this is the other gaming forum. I still hope fifth generation comes to Switch later in 2018 though.

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH It wasn't meant to come off that way, sorry. The deficiencies of text-based communication... (Have I really been that bad in the past?)
I have to set aside most of my money just for college, so I need to pick and choose what I play. My birthday's in a few weeks, which means I'll have extra cash to spare. Hopefully we get a FEW release date soon.

It's really lack of interest due to lack of money, for some of those (SR and I'd consider MH Stories), but I've never been a Mario fan (haven't bought or beaten a single Mario or Zelda game) and have kinda been turned off Ni No Kuni.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

Haru17

Edit: Also the feathered Jaggi's official name is Kulu-Ya-Ku according to Socks' Twitter.

So I was watching the trailer in slow motion as one would do and noticed an interesting wrinkle. Diablos doesn't spurt out of the sand with just a dust effect that fades in a couple seconds, it bursts out of the ground and leaves a 3D-rendered crater half the size of the dune. The fight should be fun now that it's been totally remade once again. I'm more excited for these returning monsters than I have been for any since 4U was getting trailed.

Edited on by Haru17

CrazedCavalier

So, something that I've finally seen with my own eyes: canceling out of drinking a potion does, indeed, only partially give you your health back. The health re-gain is tied to the drinking animation (like pre-gen 3); finally, it's been put to rest.

Now, for less positive news someone took a screenshot of the weapon tree from the overview trailer:
https://i.redditmedia.com/HObYheDrAyytZ9Q3p-HyuUiTuBYJpGnbkkK...
Notice how few materials are needed to upgrade the GS; looks like they could feasibly be gotten in a single hunt.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

Haru17

So now you're mad at the game for being less grindy? Lol, I think you might like.

Untitled

Also there's a weapon upgrade tree as well as an option to revert a weapon to a lower rank and change its upgrade path. Every single item in the game now lists its most common source in its description, making World the first Monster Hunter game since perhaps Tri that can be played without googling everything. (Tri's low monster count made it pretty apparent where everything was coming from IMO, while the MH games with 50 and 60 monsters get confusing).

CrazedCavalier

@Haru17 The grind is half of Monster Hunter. That is something any fan can tell you. Fighting a monster several times, learning its pattern, creating its equipment-- if you rarely ever have to hunt anything more than once or twice, the game's longevity goes down the drain.

Haru17

@CrazedCavalier None of us have crafted even half of the gear in 4U or Generations despite hundreds of hours of play — probably each. I don't see the problem with the game being quicker paced, this way people unwilling to devote a lot of time can play through the game at relative speed and core fans like us can craft more armor sets to try out different abilities and weapon sets. Not to mention this is low tier gear, we haven't even seen anything that requires rare drops yet, which is where most of the end game grind comes is.

Edited on by Haru17

CrazedCavalier

@Haru17 Low Rank gear still requires far more materials in other games. And there's little reason to make a lot of armor sets-- you've always just made a new one every rank or two.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic