Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 1,835

Splat

Tempered Deviljho is a beast... Good times.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Haru17

The Verge wrote:

After that, the creature designers look at the landscape where the new animal will dwell. Monster Hunter World takes place on an isolated island with a huge range of environments to explore, from humid swamps to arid wastelands. There’s a back-and-forth process, with creature and level designers working in tandem, and the two evolving alongside each other. A change in a creature’s movement could inspire a change in the landscape, or vice versa.

“The next step is to go into each area of the map and look at the terrain to see how a player or monster may use that area to their advantage,” says Fujioka. “For example, a monster designer will speak with a level designer and say, ‘We are looking for this amount of verticality so we can have a monster behave and interact as intended there,’ and they will go in and make those adjustments to the area.” It’s only after those details have been sorted out that the team starts working on the actual visual concepts for the creatures.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/1/16955336/monster-hunter-wor...

I've been reading through some of the interviews I missed while gem farming and I came across my favorite part about 5th gen. The author goes on to discuss how the monsters feel like they belong in their respective environments, which I feel like I've been talking about forever.

On a tangentially related note, consider that;

1st gen brought giant scale dragon battles and using monsters as traversable terrain.
3rd gen introduced Uragaan rolling on flat ground.
4th gen added more unlevel ground and added Dalamadur, the new monster could act as terrain.
5th gen introduced mechanics for slopes an Uragaan relative that made use of the rising and falling skeleton of that Dalamadur to roll.

We're one degree of separation away from an elder dragon and an Uragaan kin teaming up for a yo-yo combo attack.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Metal_Slugger

End game is getting pretty boring compared to other MH games. The tempered elder sniffing tracks is getting real old real fast. Even with that limited event quest to get some if that was permanent that would be even tedious. To the point should be unnecessary should be like guild quests where you get a good one and can keep it forever.

I'd grind those tempers folks before its over. You get them fast but its still super boring. Also while your doing it do bounties that get armor spheres that you can collect while your doing it to kill two birds with one stone.

Metal_Slugger

Haru17

'Permanent investigations' are just guild quests in non-crap levels, which makes the endgame all lvl 140 GQ rooms again — loads more repetitive in my book. Anyway, if you're bored just take a break until the next monster comes out this month.

But anyway, I noticed that there are way more than just one Dalamadur tail in the Vale. There's like a dozen of them. Did something happen there or is it just a case of limited assets for elder dragon corpses? There are also Rathian, Diablos, and Legiana corpses you can find, but I think that's it for large monsters.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

Wowzers, the Kulve Taroth hunt is a spectacle. I really like how they do phases in this, it feels like Ceadeus' structure and a boss fight like Nakarkos or Gog.

DarthNocturnal

So, this slipped past, er, most I guess, but as part of the MH:W X FF XIV crossover, the former will be getting the recurring FF enemy “Behemoth“ as a new monster to hunt. And probably a cactuar palico outfit.

I really need to get through High Rank...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Grumblevolcano

The PC version of MH World is coming August 9th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Have they added any cool new stuff recently? I stopped playing about a week after it came out, and after nergigante cheated me out of victory.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Freelance

Game comes out the day before my birthday. I'm buying it as a present to myself.

Freelance

Joeynator3000

Okay, as much as I prefer other games to be better, I'm still going to get this. I heard mixed things when it comes to specs and running this, and at this point I'm better off asking here because I'm being ignored on Steam. Go figure.

My systems specs, seem to be better or in between the min and recommended requirements...The only exception being graphics. (GTX 750 for me, the min being 760) I heard that people would still be okay if they're graphics card isn't that great if everything else is fine.

I am limited on money so upgrading my computer isn't happening anytime right now, but after hearing this I am wondering if I'll be fine here. I did watch GajinHunter's video of the game being ran on with the lowest settings possible, eh, it still looks fine to me. So I don't really care about graphics and all that. Heck, sometimes I forget that XX on Switch is 720p and 30fps, lol.

Anyways, what do you guys say about any of this? Have any of you been in the same situation or something similar? Should I be okay?

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Joeynator3000

@Octane ....What?

DarthNocturnal

@Joeynator3000

From what I'm reading, the regular 750 only has 1GB of VRAM. The card in the minimum specs has 2GB. That's probably too big of a difference. I'd recommended an upgrade, if only higher up in the 700 tier (since I heard the newest cards are crazy expensive, what with the cryptocurrency craze).

Joeynator3000

Like I said, limited on money...and I can't even figure out how much mine has, it won't tell me. I'm pretty sure there's multiple versions of the card.

DarthNocturnal

@Joeynator3000

DxDiag should say. Just search it in your Start menu, and it should be the first result. One of it's tabs will detail the specs of your GPU.

Alternatively, see if you have Nvidia GeForce Experience installed. That should also tell you.

Joeynator3000

Experience won't tell me, just 750 and that's it, no specs or anything...
Anyways still, people are saying that if everything else is fine, that even older cards could run a game just fine. It just won't be at high settings or stuff like that, so I dunno.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic