Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,570

CrazedCavalier

@Octane Yuuup. Same thing is happening to me with Live Gold.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

JoyBoy

I’ve already had 2 people who intentionally had a super annoying continual sound put up against the microphone. It did make me laugh but very irritating nonetheless. Thankfully we got the mute button.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

NEStalgia

Wow, the demo had separate menus for solo and multiplayer. The full game doesn't??

NEStalgia

JaxonH

Even doing a private session, members of your squad can join anytime, I believe. I think....

And not that I don't want to hunt with people joining my squad, but sometimes I'm just playing solo.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Ahhhh, just enjoying my MH...

Such a good feeling. Still surreal seeing a quality MH game with fantastic graphics and on a console (I love portable MH, but I also love console MH too! And we've done our fair share of waiting for console MH games).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MisterMan

Yep, it’s just too much fun. I’ve been having a hard time doing anything else other than playing this game.

MisterMan

JaxonH

@MisterMan
This your first?

We go through this cycle every 18 months or so. New MH game releases. Binge hunt for 30-60 days then burn out, play some other games, dream about when the next MH game is coming, rinse and repeat.

I've got enough MH to last me til the next console generation. I still haven't even finished MHXX yet. By the time I finish this I'll have had my fill. 6 months later I'll probably finish G rank in MHXX, and 6 months later revisit World when G rank drops. By that time, hopefully, we won't be too far off from the next entry.

Edited on by JaxonH

Haru17

I love getting to each new area. No spoilers, but the Coral Highlands, Rotten Vale, and volcano were each such great moments. I was actually blown away by the fun stuff in the final area, I really can't wait to craft decent armor and hunt there in earnest (the monsters were doing like 75% of my health a hit in half-upgraded Pukei-Pukei B armor, which looks sick by the way).

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

Ya, there's not many areas in the game, but they're all really good.

Rotten Vale doesn't seem that big though. Just a slightly larger version of previous game maps. It's a really cool concept though. But it's definitely my least favorite. Feels like hunting in a giant garbage can.

Coral Highlands... This one surprised me the most. It seemed the coolest map beforehand, but it's not nearly as cool having now hunted in it. It's neat, don't get me wrong, but Idk. Too busy or something. Way too much going on.

I actually like the forest the best. Wildspire Waste is neat too, probably second favorite. Haven't been to final area yet.

Arena is ok, but the one in MH4U was way cooler with the button and gate that split it in two halves. Although I swear there's a similar gate in that one arena but, couldn't find any button or switch.

Haru17

I really like the special arena, haven't been to the normal one yet, but normal arenas are all the same. At least we're not stuck with the same 4U arena anymore.

The Rotten Vale... yes, kinda garby, but I was surprised by the diversity in that area when I got there. Like how it can rain, how pleasantly surprised I was by Radobaan, and just the whole concept of it. But yeah, it does seem like mostly the single path downward that was shown at Paris Games Week. I definitely wish it and the Coral Highlands had cooler environmental weapons.

It's too bad that the Coral Highlands only has two basecamps, but it's still my favorite map by a lot. It's huge and diverse, and the main areas you fight Paolumu and Legiana in are each fantastically designed. Their nests are so unique!

The Wildspire Waste is a great concept for a desert map and has a really cool environmental kill, but it's still my least favorite of the bunch. It feels like they didn't get as much use out of the space as they should have with that giant out of bounds area in the center, and Diablos and Jyuratodus' respective habitats feel too small. It needed like one more desert, mud, and cave area each IMO, along with a third normal entryway to the sand caves.

Not totally sure about the volcano yet since I just got there, but I think Coral > Forest > Rotten > Waste.

JaxonH

Ah man, Shadow of the Colossus is almost out. It's one of my favorite video games of all time. I swear this is the best PS console ever made.

I might have to readjust my hunting schedule, because I think SotC might be one game I actually like even more.

Haru17

So, here's something that's still obtuse about MH (and it's new to boot, so it got me as well as the newbies). Item bar positions and radial menu presets are tied to your item loadout. You need to do them, then save them for all of your loadouts or every time you auto deposit your menus will be all rejiggered.

Gamer83

@JaxonH
I've heard nothing but great things about that game. As big a PlayStation fan as I am, and as revered as SotC is among the fanbase, I've still never played it. Finally fixing that with the remake and considering even some of my friends who generally hate PS exclusives also love it, I can't wait to see what makes it so great.

Gamer83

MisterMan

@JaxonH no, this isn’t my first. I played a lot of 4U and Generations.

MisterMan

JaxonH

@Gamer83
It might just be a nostalgia thing, but I have such great memories of that game back in the day. That was back in the Metroid Prime era. And for its time it was pretty awesome- I had never seen a game like that before. I'm not sure how it's going to hold up now but, I'm dying to play it. It looks gorgeous and they improved the controls.

@Octane
Ya that's good for a console version in JP. Little better than DQ XI did.

If it sold that many in JP, they likely shipped 1.5 mil in Japan, maybe more. That leaves like 3.5 mil shipped in the west, so maybe 2.8 - 3 actually sold... minus the digital sales... so like 2.25 million sold physically in the west across both platforms? Just a guess, but it can't be too far off.

Better in JP, but not as high in the west as I was expecting.

Edited on by JaxonH

Octane

@JaxonH Why exclude the digital copies though? I think Capcom is far more interested in those. Famitsu also estimated that the game sold over 2 million copies in Japan if digital is included. But those are just estimates.

I think its performance in the west is pretty impressive too. Going from almost non-existent in the west, to up to 3 million sold in its opening weekend.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
For a common ground metric with which to compare it with previous entries.

Physical copies sold is the standard metric and it's the only data we have for previous games.

Can't compare "shipped + digital" of one game to "sold and without digital" of another.

And in the west, MH4U did over a million. So to see (provided the assumptions are reasonably close) just a million and a quarter more than that across two plafforms with a huge budget...

It's good, great even, but it's not as good as I expected given 2 platforms with AAA budget and major hype and marketing. I figured this game would do... Idk, like 800k in JP and 4m in the west. Figured there'd be a million existing western fans who got it, plus the the 2 million people who bought games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, and a million X1 gamers/remnant MH PS2 fans.

Idk. My estimates were weighted wrong.

Edited on by JaxonH

Octane

@JaxonH I see. Well, digital is presumably higher on PS4. So an accurate comparison can't happen either way. I'm curious to see what Capcom's expectations were. I think they had an empty spot with ''major title'' in their fiscal presentation last year, which we now know as Monster Hunter World, and 4 million copies sold would put Capcom's current fiscal year above last year's. Of course, they could've had higher expectations, and expected more growth, but that's something at least.

Anyway, I need to get back into the game. I beat chickensaurus yesterday, and the Puki Puki chameleon wyvern is my next target I believe.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Right. It is typically higher, but... it's the best we can do for comparisons, really.

Either way, it doesn't matter what the split is between east and west. And it doesn't matter if it only did an extra 1 - 1.5 mil in the west (and that's as of now, that number will be higher after the dust settles). The game is a success and that's good for all of us MH fans.

They've proven they can do a MH game for the western audience without screwing up the formula. With that in mind, I hope we now continue to see future entries on PS4/X1. They already have an engine and it's guaranteed to do well. No reason not to pump out at least 1 more game on those systems this generation.

And, this also increases our chances of seeing a higher budget entry on Switch, which many MH fans are eager to get their hands on. It shows Capcom the increased budget is worth it, and a higher budget portable entry could practically double their total sales of a multiplat release. I think the platform needs a little more time to grow the install base, but by late 2019 it should be at 40+ million. And that's when I'm hoping to see the portable entry for 5th gen of MH.

There is no worse case scenario anymore. Only win win for us.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic