Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,843

CrazedCavalier

So, the street date was broken in Brazil and elsewhere. I'll just consolidate what I've dug up in a pastebin (since this site's spoiler tags just don't work for me half the time): https://pastebin.com/HWehmK4g
Something that is not really a spoiler: there is no option to toggle on blood flashes in the final game. They're just gone.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Haru17

Blood is on in the beta guys.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tsurii

I hate everyone who told me I'd eventually budge on this crap. Altho I wouldn't have, if I didn't lose that Generations save and MH4U. Turns out I never linked that game to my NNID

@OutCold , I'll tell you when I've got time for this lol

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Tsurii

@crimsontadpoles do you know if they removed the ability to use items with a sheathed weapon for sword and shield? It doesn't matter too much, considering how quickly you can put the thing away in World, but it's a weird thing to get rid of imo.

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Haru17

The only thing they removed gameplay-wise that wasn't a cat or a lake was kicking. Now only the great sword can kick from a block.

Edited on by Haru17

CrazedCavalier

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324435724059541504/404...
On top of armor skins... yeah, people need to get it out of their head that the game doesn't have microtransactions.

Also, monsters are just as much of a joke in low and high rank as they were in the "Beta". Flinch just as easily, get mounted just as easily, die just as quickly. And everything requires basically no materials to make, with even plates and gems becoming far more common.

Congratulations, main MH team; you've succeeded in utterly demolishing both parts of the core gameplay loop. You've both actively buffed the hunters and nerfed the monsters all while dumbing down the grind virtually as much as possible.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

-Green-

Making them easier to grind shouldn’t be bad for me. I recall it being a pain in MH4U.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tsurii

@-Green- mh4u is almost the bottom of the barrel in terms of how much you have to grind. Only 3U beats that with its ridiculously high requirements for armor pieces and weapons (pretty sure you needed SIX gems from Abyss Lagiacrus for its armor set alone)

Grinding doesn't bother me too much. What does bother is that slight "fear" of them combining offline and online quests into one package potentially hurting the overall difficulty. That said, people also whined about Generations being too easy and it was exactly the same as other (non g rank) games so...meh. Maybe I'm not worried about that after all

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Tsurii

Haru17 wrote:

The only thing they removed gameplay-wise that wasn't a cat or a lake was icking. Now only the great sword can kick from a block.

And what a flimsy kick it is...sucks that I won't get to kick those birds and other little critters

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Ralizah

@Tsurii Perhaps people whined about Generations being too easy because your character can flip and twirl around monsters like an anime ninja if you use aerial style? Or because if you're good at evasion you can just bushido dodge everything?

Ralizah

DarthNocturnal

@CrazedCavalier

So, how is it the devs kept saying in interviews “microtransactions ain't happening“, only for them to.... happen? Like, are Capcom that much out of the loop with themselves? Or were the devs only talking about gameplay impacting stuff?

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Ralizah

@Tsurii Well, no, you couldn't. At least, not in the localized PSP one, 3 Ultimate, or 4 Ultimate (the other ones I've played).

Aerial style pretty radically changes how you play the game, and Bushido dodges are like... what, an automatic Evade +2?

Although I think the hunter arts probably don't impact gameplay as much as some people make out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Tsurii

@Ralizah yes, you could. In all of those. Evasion skills, buddy. Sure, the hitboxes in Unite were complete trash, but you could dodge even those. And it's only gotten easier with 3U having better hitboxes overall (altho they didn't bother fixing plesioth) and 4U added another tier to evasion which trivialized a bunch of stuff.

It's still a matter of personal skill of course, and I'd lie if I said I could pull off a lot of that stuff because I never bothered with evasion builds, but it's at least as easy as timing adept dodges in Generations, if not easier because adept took the direction into consideration, too. All you're getting out of adept style over pure evasion was the counter.

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Haru17

I don't know what some users are talking about, but Anjanath hits like twice as hard in Arekkz' gameplay videos of the main game. Maybe we should just wait to play it ourselves to actually hold informed opinions about something as subtle and subjective as difficulty, lol.

Anyway, there are tons of spoilers out for the monsters held back from trailers on 4chan, Reddit (tagged at least), Twitter (not Gaijin and Arekkz though), YouTube, and the Wikia, as well as an official launch week gameplay video of the Rotten Vale dragon that might as well be spoilers. So, fair warning for googling before launch, haha.

Ralizah

@Tsurii sigh

Yes, you could get evasion skills, but you couldn't just automatically equip a style that gave you evade +2 from the get go. That's probably particularly powerful when you combine it with other complementary skills from your armor sets. And there is NOTHING like aerial style in previous games.

So, yes, it's different, and definitely easier than a lot of the previous MH games I played.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic