Monster Hunter isn't numbers.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

Monster Hunter isn't alphabet soup

Monster Hunter isn't broccoli

Monster Hunter isn't cream corn

Kinda fun.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Joeynator3000

Ok so for whatever reason I can't find the unused battle theme....go figure. I can't remember what it's called but it didn't have Kirin in the title or anything. It was simply music that was never used. Let me know if anyone finds it, I may look for it a bit longer before giving up.
I do think you can hear a little bit of it in Kirin's intro in MH4, though. (it was a mix of that theme and the Tower)
EDIT: I think I figured it out, it wasn't unused, it was never released outside of Japan.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

GoldenGamer88

As cool as this looks, particularly the red DualShock, I still like my white one better.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

CrazedCavalier

So, the street date was broken in Brazil and elsewhere. I'll just consolidate what I've dug up in a pastebin (since this site's spoiler tags just don't work for me half the time): https://pastebin.com/HWehmK4g
Something that is not really a spoiler: there is no option to toggle on blood flashes in the final game. They're just gone.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Haru17

Blood is on in the beta guys.

Tsurii

I hate everyone who told me I'd eventually budge on this crap. Altho I wouldn't have, if I didn't lose that Generations save and MH4U. Turns out I never linked that game to my NNID

@OutCold , I'll tell you when I've got time for this lol

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

crimsontadpoles

I was trying out different weapons in the training area of the beta, trying to figure out which ones I'd like to use in the full game. Since I'd like to use weapon types that I haven't used in previous games, I'll probably use Sword and Shield, Hunting Horn, and the Bow.

Tsurii

@crimsontadpoles do you know if they removed the ability to use items with a sheathed weapon for sword and shield? It doesn't matter too much, considering how quickly you can put the thing away in World, but it's a weird thing to get rid of imo.

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Haru17

The only thing they removed gameplay-wise that wasn't a cat or a lake was kicking. Now only the great sword can kick from a block.

Edited on by Haru17

CrazedCavalier

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324435724059541504/404...
On top of armor skins... yeah, people need to get it out of their head that the game doesn't have microtransactions.

Also, monsters are just as much of a joke in low and high rank as they were in the "Beta". Flinch just as easily, get mounted just as easily, die just as quickly. And everything requires basically no materials to make, with even plates and gems becoming far more common.

Congratulations, main MH team; you've succeeded in utterly demolishing both parts of the core gameplay loop. You've both actively buffed the hunters and nerfed the monsters all while dumbing down the grind virtually as much as possible.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

-Green-

Making them easier to grind shouldn’t be bad for me. I recall it being a pain in MH4U.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tsurii

@-Green- mh4u is almost the bottom of the barrel in terms of how much you have to grind. Only 3U beats that with its ridiculously high requirements for armor pieces and weapons (pretty sure you needed SIX gems from Abyss Lagiacrus for its armor set alone)

Grinding doesn't bother me too much. What does bother is that slight "fear" of them combining offline and online quests into one package potentially hurting the overall difficulty. That said, people also whined about Generations being too easy and it was exactly the same as other (non g rank) games so...meh. Maybe I'm not worried about that after all

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Tsurii

Haru17 wrote:

The only thing they removed gameplay-wise that wasn't a cat or a lake was icking. Now only the great sword can kick from a block.

And what a flimsy kick it is...sucks that I won't get to kick those birds and other little critters

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Ralizah

@Tsurii Perhaps people whined about Generations being too easy because your character can flip and twirl around monsters like an anime ninja if you use aerial style? Or because if you're good at evasion you can just bushido dodge everything?

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic