Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,570

Grumblevolcano

Monster Hunter World comes out and then PSN goes down, I wonder if MHW is the cause of the PSN issues.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

How is the combat feel on this one? Like does it feel like traditional monster hunter?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Just made a full Great Jaggras armor set, and upgraded a bone Charge Blade into the G. Jaggras Charge Blade, and forged my felyne a full G. Jaggras set.

I'm still in the tutorial quests but there was an event quest to hunt 2 G. Jaggras, so I said screw it, I'm putting in work.

One thing I will say is, the tedium of past games is reduced considerably. Sometimes at the expense of depth (eh ehm... crafting) but it's just refreshing knowing I don't have to sink 25 hours into the game before I craft my first real armor set and gather/cook enough raw meats to stock up on well done steaks.

I honestly don't think I had it in me to go through the early game tedium again. I've played like 4 different Monster Hunter games hundreds of hours each in the last several years. Even with MHXX I was burnt out on the early game tedium, and only managed to avoid it by converting my MH Gen save and importing it (thank God for that).

But man, this game is gonna fly by super quick. There's really not much content at all compared to past games, even compared to base game non-Ultimate versions. The fact they got rid of all the separate multiplayer quests... that's what really hurts this game content wise. Let's hope they also release new maps and tons of quests to go along with the monsters they add. And a G rank expansion by year's end.

@Ryu_Niiyama
It's more tactile. Attacks seem to pause as they make contact, unlike past games.

Whether that's good or bad is up to the player. At first it felt less fluid, but I think it's just a matter of adjusting.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

I've noticed a lot of dialog like that. Some more obvious than others. You could tell they were a little apprehensive about how fans would take some of the changes.

Which... there's pros and cons. Gunners typically don't take as much damage (especially in groups) because they're not in the thick of it. I'm not necessarily against the idea of consolidating the armor sets, but, I think they should have kept the same effects. So, when you gun, your defense is cut in half. That would've been the best approach because you wouldn't have needed to grind separate armor sets while at the same time the balance is maintained.

One thing I absolutely love though, is the revised Hunter Notes. I love the hand drawn diagrams of the monsters and how it shows your weak points and what break rewards you get... it's brilliant.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

meleebrawler

@JaxonH Isn't most of the ''extra length'' from multiplayer quests artificial, though? Largely repeating the same monsters you fought offline until you get really far.

Also, I feel as though there's always been plenty of hit-stop in the series, particularly from heavy weapons and/or weak points. Seems about the same from what I've seen of World. What does seem different is the sound of impact, more like hitting a rock than cleaving flesh.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JaxonH

@meleebrawler
Some of it was, yes. But a lot of it wasn't. Even small differences (spawn location, time of day, rank and HP) helped to alleviate the feeling of playing the exact same quests all over again.

Which is why it confuses me as to why they didn't do the same. They could've just shuffled some stuff around to change it up. Wouldn't have been too much extra work considering the payout- the payout being an entirely separate tree of quests for MP play.

One good thing that comes of it though, is not having to start over even though you've progressed further in the story. Like, you're in high rank but can only do HR1 quests.

I can definitely tell a difference with the combat though.

Edited on by JaxonH

Metal_Slugger

I bought a copy on eBay ( that wouldn't arrive until sometime next week) then caved last night and started to download it after midnight. Still downloading waiting on that to finish. I watched some streaming of it so I sort of spoiled some of it already. Thats what made me cave on the digital download. Told the seller about it and he refunded me so that worked out nicely.

Metal_Slugger

JaxonH

@Octane
Right.

They've added a bunch of info that wiki's typically put together. It's really convenient being able to see that information right in the game. It may not go into the same level of depth that you would see in a wiki- like exact damage numbers for each part, but real time damage numbers help with that, so... no big deal.

Octane

@JaxonH Then I remembered it right!

I always like it when games give detailed explanations like that.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

So from what I'm seeing, if World had more content and was playable anywhere it would be the best Monster Hunter game in the franchise?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inertiacreep

I didn't think i had an interest in these games but after watching it some more yesterday, now I'm begging for the PC version by summer.. but i feel like they're going to take way longer.....

Inertiacreep

Octane

@DarthNocturnal You can turn off your internet connection on the PS4, it forces the game to go into the offline mode.

Octane

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I'd already say it's the best.

But hell yes, if it had as much content as previous games typically had, and could be played on the go? Shoot... that would make an already good game even better. That would set it to Legendary status.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Well, BestBuy sent my copy but no steelbook case. So I called them and they are sending me a $20 gift card.

So I just ordered one off eBay.

Fooligan

I picked up my copy this afternoon with the steelbook from best buy. The steelbook didn't have plastic wrap around it and they put that huge pre-order pick up sticker right on it šŸ˜‘. Those darn stickers don't come of easy šŸ˜£.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Aviator

Okay Monster Hunters let's get sickening okuuur!

Untitled

(add me naviator_9)

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Imerzion

Put around 10 hours into it today. I thought it was fantastic. Iā€™m not rushing my way through the quests as I donā€™t really see the point and Iā€™m yet to touch the online.

Iā€™ve just hit the ā€œurgentā€ to unlock HR4 quests I believe, spent a lot of time on expeditions which are FANTASTIC. Iā€™ve also been spending a lot of time doing the Investigations simply to just prolong the experience as much as possible.

I really like what Iā€™ve seen so far, it exceeded all my expectations in the small part that Iā€™ve played. Iā€™m just concerned along with many others about how much content.. Or unique content that there is in the game?

Never the less, itā€™s been a hell of a ride for one day. Looking forward to spending the rest of the weekend with it, but for now. My poor hands need a break.

Should anyon fancy doing some online content at some point on Xbox One. Send me a friend request along with a message! My Gamertag is Imerzion.

Happy hunting chaps!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic