Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,794

KirbyTheVampire

I don't know if this was mentioned here, but apparently the Beta has a lower difficulty than the actual game. No wonder it's so easy, then.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

One thing I really appreciate about this game being on PS4/X1 is recording videos and voice chat (I'm sorry, I love Switch but the fact MHXX has no easy voice chat solution and forces me to use Discord every time I play sucks- it's not the end of the world because a lot of that game is played solo anyways and on the go, but it's just so much easier when my PS Camera automatically works as a mic, it's just "on" by default). There are downsides obviously, like not being able to play it anywhere, but the good news is there are at least upsides to help offset that.

The last time I played a Monster Hunter game with built-in voice chat was 2013 on the Wii U. Gosh it feels good to be able to do that again. And it feels good to be able to record if something awesome happens (which, thankfully MHXX also now supports).

These are small things, but having them makes me realize how much I appreciate them. Normally I don't care about voice chat but this is one game in particular where it matters to me. And while I like video recording for all games I could live without it for many of them, but MH is a game where I really appreciate being able to record an awesome feat in a hunt. I need to figure out if there's a way to shorten the time captured- 1 minute would be perfect, though I do appreciate being able to record longer if I so desire. I remember back on Wii U with MH3U, wishing so hard I could take screenshots in game. For some reason all other games supported the Miiverse screenshot function except MH3U. Which really set the tone with the series for me. I would spend the next 5 years playing the games without the ability to take a screenshot. Now I can record videos!

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

JaxonH

@KirbyTheVampire

All previous game demos in the series had lower difficulty as well. That's just a given for the western audience. But it should be noted, the difficulty of this game is demo is significantly less then the difficulty of previous game demos.

Even with a Great Jaggi for the Beginner Quest- a monster whose attacks I know like the back of my hand, I have never managed to beat it in a matter of minutes without taking a single hit of damage like I did Great Jaggras. In the MHXX demo, I have still yet to beat the Advanced Quest against Valphalk, whereas I beat Anjanath on my first try. Also, you get to faint 9 times in this demo, as opposed to 3 times in previous demos.

With all that being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing. It did have me worried that the game would be too easy, but those fears were put to rest when I hunted the Diablos and Rathalos, which had exactly the difficulty you would expect.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@KirbyTheVampire
Hard to say. But if they do, it's not by as much.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

zionich

Finally got to play the beta. Love the game so far. I think I'll be going back to Sword and Shield. It has always been my go to weapon.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

It's really grown on me.

At first there were a lot of things I didn't like about it. In fact, my initial impressions were rather disappointing. But as I've played it more and changed the settings to my liking and adjusted to some of the changes and so on, it became a lot more impressive.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

-Green-

My hype for this game has sort of died off. Maybe I'm just burned out on MH.

The game looks great, but the idea of grinding and battling the same monsters over and over again for materials kills any excitement.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

Well, demo was nice, but it's back to Xenoblade 2 for me.

I'll see you guys January 26th.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Haru17

@-Green- Every time I play Monster Hunter I remember how tiring it is to play Monster Hunter. It's so rewarding, but it's quite draining to binge for like 4+ hours. The mechanics feel better than ever now (I like the lance. What.), but I think I'll have to play through the main game gradually like I first played 3. Anyway, my point is when there is a full game that's out there will reward you for progressing with new environments, encounters, and now objectives and even cutscenes. Plus, you only have to grind one or two armor sets to finish the story in a MH game. Personally, I don't think they're all that grindy. Combat is for sure intensive though.

There's a ton of destructible environments I didn't even realize. They can all be destroyed / triggered by two small barrel bombs (now just 'barrel bombs').

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Aviator

Guys... I died.

And then I was reborn playing this f***ing amazing beta.

Navi, Huntress of the Wild, is back baby!

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Haru17

@Aviator Isn't 'Navi, Huntress of the Wild' that Playstation collaboration?

But anyway, I had a blast playing the beta. I even rushed down Rathalos and Diablos along with some randoms in the last hours. This is for sure one of my highlights: https://gfycat.com/AntiqueCloudyArcticfox

Did anyone else have trouble with guarding out of a sprint? I guess they want you to use FPS click sprint, but I'm way not into that. It was especially awkward for me maining long sword. I hope the full game gets remapable controls — it's not like it isn't confusing people already.

Haru17

Another beta, same content, more Christmas. Runs from 9 am PST on the 22nd to the same time on the 26th. Don't take this for certain, but something tells me this won't be your last chance to play pre-release. Perhaps Xbox users will get a shot in January. This one is still PS4-only though, although there is no PS+ requirement now.

KirbyTheVampire

Not sure I'll bother with that one. I had a pretty darn solid taste of the game with the last Beta. I might just wait for the full release now.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

Good for anyone who missed it the first time, but there's only so many times I can play the same 3 quests without working toward an armor set or weapon upgrade.

Their efforts to leverage this game to increase sub counts must not have worked too well for them to announce another one so quick without the PS+ requirement. I knew I should've waited to redeem that membership, but fanatics such as myself are always the first to fold.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

CrazedCavalier

I'm just hoping they actually bother releasing the demo on Xbox before launch.

>Goes back to watching the CB sub-5 everything to death via flinchlocking/Ultra Burst spam

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

DarthNocturnal

I'm just glad Sea of Thieves isn't coming until March. It gives me some breathing room (unless something is announced for February that I want).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic