Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,570

Joeynator3000

Ok so for whatever reason I can't find the unused battle theme....go figure. I can't remember what it's called but it didn't have Kirin in the title or anything. It was simply music that was never used. Let me know if anyone finds it, I may look for it a bit longer before giving up.
I do think you can hear a little bit of it in Kirin's intro in MH4, though. (it was a mix of that theme and the Tower)
EDIT: I think I figured it out, it wasn't unused, it was never released outside of Japan.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GoldenGamer88

As cool as this looks, particularly the red DualShock, I still like my white one better.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

CrazedCavalier

So, the street date was broken in Brazil and elsewhere. I'll just consolidate what I've dug up in a pastebin (since this site's spoiler tags just don't work for me half the time): https://pastebin.com/HWehmK4g
Something that is not really a spoiler: there is no option to toggle on blood flashes in the final game. They're just gone.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Haru17

Blood is on in the beta guys.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

The only thing they removed gameplay-wise that wasn't a cat or a lake was kicking. Now only the great sword can kick from a block.

Edited on by Haru17

CrazedCavalier

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324435724059541504/404...
On top of armor skins... yeah, people need to get it out of their head that the game doesn't have microtransactions.

Also, monsters are just as much of a joke in low and high rank as they were in the "Beta". Flinch just as easily, get mounted just as easily, die just as quickly. And everything requires basically no materials to make, with even plates and gems becoming far more common.

Congratulations, main MH team; you've succeeded in utterly demolishing both parts of the core gameplay loop. You've both actively buffed the hunters and nerfed the monsters all while dumbing down the grind virtually as much as possible.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

-Green-

Making them easier to grind shouldn’t be bad for me. I recall it being a pain in MH4U.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

@Tsurii Perhaps people whined about Generations being too easy because your character can flip and twirl around monsters like an anime ninja if you use aerial style? Or because if you're good at evasion you can just bushido dodge everything?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@Tsurii Well, no, you couldn't. At least, not in the localized PSP one, 3 Ultimate, or 4 Ultimate (the other ones I've played).

Aerial style pretty radically changes how you play the game, and Bushido dodges are like... what, an automatic Evade +2?

Although I think the hunter arts probably don't impact gameplay as much as some people make out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haru17

I don't know what some users are talking about, but Anjanath hits like twice as hard in Arekkz' gameplay videos of the main game. Maybe we should just wait to play it ourselves to actually hold informed opinions about something as subtle and subjective as difficulty, lol.

Anyway, there are tons of spoilers out for the monsters held back from trailers on 4chan, Reddit (tagged at least), Twitter (not Gaijin and Arekkz though), YouTube, and the Wikia, as well as an official launch week gameplay video of the Rotten Vale dragon that might as well be spoilers. So, fair warning for googling before launch, haha.

Ralizah

@Tsurii sigh

Yes, you could get evasion skills, but you couldn't just automatically equip a style that gave you evade +2 from the get go. That's probably particularly powerful when you combine it with other complementary skills from your armor sets. And there is NOTHING like aerial style in previous games.

So, yes, it's different, and definitely easier than a lot of the previous MH games I played.

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

It would be nice if grinding were reduced. As 4U and 3U were the only MH games I've owned, I've become rather sick of running the same hunt over and over and over (and over) again to collect the parts to get decent gear to move to the next one.

Some weapons I sucked with before seem great this time. I was a switchaxe and charge blade player last 2 games. This time, gunlance, dual blades, and the bow intrigue me.

@Tsurii Nergigante doesn't need cunning. It's a **** invincible tank. I got him heavily wounded and retreating once, and then he just spun around and took me out for the last time.

NEStalgia

Haru17

So here's one of my better runs of Nergigante, after I had gotten used to the spirit thrust, helm splitter, and foresight slash decently — I put the highlight in the timestamp. I love how aggressive the weapon feels now, you can really push to be constantly hitting the monster if you're good enough. I've always been annoyed with how there was no way to give the fade slash I-frames, so the foresight slash is exactly what I asked for.

Edited on by Haru17

NEStalgia

@Tsurii Haha, I think the duals may be a tad OP to be honest. I had the lesser monsters splayed on the ground before they could even run away once, and in a team I was the only one NOT dying much to nergigante. But it's DARNED fun to turn MH into a hack and slash

If I get the game I may focus on that gunlance and bow this time around. I miss my heavies (switchaxe/chargeblade) but the pseudo-range options are new to me. The duals are sheer run and speed runs. (It's all fun and games until you need that monster horn....)

NEStalgia

Haru17

Yeah, the animation does remind you of a more polished brave style without weird frenzy effects that blot out your character. I think a lot of us have predicted that the Cross and World teams were talking for a while now. But yeah, it fits better on the Long Sword than it did on every weapon regardless of concept or playstyle.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic