Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,570

Haru17

Untitled

I think they handled slope moves exactly like they did jump attacks in 4, there are just more of them now. Like I said, it's a little inconsistent figuring out which weapons have unique interactions or not, but it works the same way as jump attacks before aerial style.

Maybe it's because slopes are literally less severe cliffs, but I felt like they took a much more naturalistic route to slopes than they did with 4's jungle gym areas. In fact I was almost missing that aspect of 4's gameplay flow, frantically jumping and climbing and getting smushed against a cliff wall by a Deviljho bicep. Okay not really missing, Lagi = life and all that, but it felt different. There aren't as many climbing walls near where monsters patrol, and there certainly aren't as many jungle gym areas.

One thing I'll say about the areas: I'll bet anything that they still designed the Ancient Forest and Wildspire Waste as individual areas, then went in and connected them with paths. This makes the Ancient Forest a little confusing to navigate, but it won't be a problem after you've hunted a bunch of different monsters there and followed them between the different areas. I learned how to navigate it in the span of the beta.

The Wildspire Waste especially feels a bit weird because these individual areas are different biomes — swamp, lavender wetlands, muddy river shallows, rocky caverns, sandy caverns, badlands, and dunes. Its just strange to have wetlands just a few hundred feet south of a sandy dunes. It's still my favorite desert map in MH, but it's a little annoying how they did the same thing with the giant anthill that they did with the giant tree in Tri's Sandy Plains and put it outside of the playspace, even though one of the basecamps is technically inside it. But yeah, we'll see a new gen desert-desert area before long, so let's hope they bring back that cool idea of having the tops of dunes work as ledges from both sides that 4U had in more than just one area.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Sounds about right, PC gaming resembles PC gaming. And this isn't news but it is funny in a beige sort of way.

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

@Tsurii Want me to add that one to the bingo card orrr...?

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii Yeah and the betas being PS4 exclusive gets rid of the potential XB1 community so it'll probably only do well on PS4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

So if it bombs on Xbox, it's due to the lack of betas? Noted.

In all seriousness, when's this game coming out again? It's going to be my first 2018 game. I'm going to make the effort and double my gaming time this year, cause I've played the bare minimum last year. I think this is a good start.

Octane

GoldenGamer88

@Octane January 26.

As somebody who‘s never played MH, I have enjoyed the Beta quite a lot. That much even that I started Generations, though, I‘d rather wait until World to come out instead of opening another can of worms. Plus, I think I enjoy the connected world as opposed to the many segments better (I know that‘s what it‘s been for ages and ages but it just didn‘t feel like a breathing world to me as much as MHW does. Well, the graphics do play a big role, too.). Honestly, though, I‘m in full Splatoon mode again so I don‘t know how much time I‘ll have to put into World. But then again, this high never lasts that long so we‘ll see.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal Have you read this thread? /s And I dunno, it's reductive shorthand that fits into a narrative where you can easily paint people who like new and convenient things as less skilled gamers, or just lesser in general.

@Octane January 26th on PS4 and X1.

Grumblevolcano

@Octane I think betas combined with the lack of recent and upcoming XB1 games in general would've helped it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

That's a new trailer for ya. No new areas though, it's more of a launch trailer. Third beta with Nerg on the 19th thru Jan. 22nd.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

Here's an illustration of how weapons visually upgrade now. As far as I can tell, base tier weapons gain an in between visual stage where they have the blade of the base with a haft made out of the given monster's materials. It makes sense why they would allow you to revert weapons given that you can see the parts actually being added onto and taken off of your sword.

JaxonH

It works both ways.

I see alot of people trying to marginalize and dismiss any criticism of the changes, as if simply having better graphics and a bigger world justifies every single decision made with the game.

There are some whack complaints but at the same time there are wack deflections of complaints.

I especially find it outrageous that GaijinHunter would advocate NOT getting MHXX localized. Not everyone speaks Japanese and played it for 600 hours already like he did. Even if he personally has no interest in it it's clear that others do. Why would you want to see others deprived of something they want? So it's not good enough to get a new MH game, you have to try to rub it's superiority in everyone's faces to the point of pretending MHXX should die?

I've lost all respect for that man reading that.

But this is why I've also lost respect for most of the community as well. It's that superiority mindset that diminishes and mocks criticisms and pokes fun as if it's all just a bunch of brainwashed lunatics who would DARE to speak ill of ANY aspect of this holy and righteous game. I even saw a guy preaching on Reddit to "buy all the microtransactions even if you don't want them".

I look at that bingo card and think, ya know, half of those complaints aren't really a problem, having played the game myself now. But the other half, ya, those are actual issues. But there's a concerted effort to deflect those issues. If we can label everyone who takes any issue with World as some dimwitted bingo card fanboy, we can successfully pretend these aren't real problems. Mix the real issues with the outrageous, and it'll all blend in. No one will discern the truth from the lie. The real from the fake. The outrageous allegations from the legimate.

Auto crafting is genius. Should have been done a long time ago. But the game has been casualized, there's no denying that. Not to the extent I initially feared, but it's there. Blademaster and gunner armor being shared DOES make it easier. Eliminating the separate multiplayer quests DOES make the game smaller, with less content (which is already quoted at half the campaign length of previous games, and in a non-G-rank version at that). Drinking potions while moving, to my surprise, is completely fine. But changing crafting to 2 green herbs ABSOLUTELY was done for new players. Come on now. Drop in drop out MP is awesome. But fast travelling should NOT be free. Not when you can restock potions at base camp indefinitely, trivializing any hunt that's not pushing the time limit. I love infinite whetstones and quick gathering. Dang right! Are you kidding me? Fantastic changes. But bowguns showing crit damage IS casual. That's precisely what casualizing a game means. That's precisely the kind of thing I expected to see. Log in bonuses are fine. Know what's not? Microtranations, even cosmetic, remove the skill barrier to fashion sets. Something which is always been earned by The blood, sweat and tears of the hunter. But now you can be the best-looking hunter in the game and know squat all about it.

Oh, and #MHXXfortheWest.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

JaxonH wrote:

I especially find it outrageous that GaijinHunter would advocate NOT getting MHXX localized. Not everyone speaks Japanese and played it for 600 hours already like he did. Even if he personally has no interest in it it's clear that others do. Why would you want to see others deprived of something they want? So it's not good enough to get a new MH game, you have to try to rub it's superiority in everyone's faces to the point of pretending MHXX should die?

I've lost all respect for that man reading that.

Lol, you have no idea what you're talking about. It was a joke tweet, he's talked about localization tens of times.

JaxonH wrote:

I even saw a guy preaching on Reddit to "buy all the microtransactions even if you don't want them".

He was downvoted and argued with a whole bunch. Stop taking stuff out of context, it's unbecoming to misrepresent people just because you disagree with them sometimes.

JaxonH wrote:

Mix the real issues with the outrageous, and it'll all blend in. No one will discern the truth from the lie. The real from the fake. The outrageous allegations from the legimate.

How do you write this in the same message? XD It's uncanny.

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

@Haru17
I don't know why he would joke about that. Doesn't strike me as particularly hilarious. I did question what you meant when you said "joke" in the post. Why he would joke about such a thing I don't think I'll ever truly understand. But I'm glad he wasn't being serious. The fact I see that mindset so much lately though... it seemed plausible. Specially when he is saying it point blank.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Haru17

Since you edited your post I'll reply to the rest of it. I've taken no more out of context then you have with your bingo card posts and "should see the stuff posted in this thread /s" Ya, well, you should see the stuff I see posted.

Mix the real issues with the outrageous, and it'll all blend in. No one will discern the truth from the lie. The real from the fake. The outrageous allegations from the legimate.

Ya, I said this and I'll say it again. I'll put it in that message and I'll put it in this message too.

Haru17

@JaxonH I called you out for hypocrisy, if you don't understand. Taking stuff out of context is actual, provably false or misleading knowledge. Agreeing with different things on that bingo card... that's just subjectivity. There's 'no real' issues and no 'lie,' you just don't agree with what someone else put forward. To present it otherwise is just misleading to yourself and others.

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

@Haru17
No, you think you did. Because you are desperately trying to propagate those notions and it's why you're here arguing with me about it right now.

I'm calling you out for your hypocrisy. If agreeing with different things on that bingo card is just subjectivity then why are you taking so much issue with my subjective opinion on it? Ya. I though so.

It's always you. You can't just let people enjoy the game you always have to go try to stir crap up. I don't care if you try to defend that bingo card or not. If you are then you better get ready because I'm going in for you just as well is it. If not, then back off and let a man speak his mind.

Either way, you're the one who continues to try to stir the pot with your consecutive posts of letting MHXX die (oh it's just a joke) and the bingo card and the " oh you should see the stuff I see in this thread"

Stop with your crap dude. Just stop. Or be prepared to be challenged on it.

Haru17

JaxonH wrote:

...it's why you're here arguing with me about it right now.

JaxonH wrote:

Or be prepared to be challenged on it.

The same post. It's almost like writing opinions on an internet forum invites discussion and, in my case, dissection of your arguments. No one's deleting your posts. You can say whatever you want, you and the other guy just keep getting all defensive when I respond to them.

And in case you've missed the context once more, I was posting those links to troll @Tsurii for the critical trolling comment he made.

And really, I find it very funny that you picked the microtransactions guy in particular. Didn't you tell the thread that you were going to buy the collector's edition, the special edition PS4, the digital deluxe editions on both consoles, and the PC deluxe version when it comes out? I'm over here as a supporter of the old ecosystem focus of Monster Hunter Tri and now World, and I'm only getting the digital deluxe version. If I'm remembering correctly, you've got to admit that's pretty ironic.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic