Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,570

JaxonH

@Tsurii
My PS4 never gets used anymore.

HOWEVER.

This game singlehandedly justifies it for me. Even if this is the only game I ever played on it, I think it's worth having just for this game. Granted, there are other games I'm interested in and plan to play (Ni No Kuni 2, Shadow of the Colossus), but then again there were a lot of other games I was interested in this year and just ended up having no time for in lieu of Switch. If the X1X provides a significant advantage over the Pro I'll stick to single player on there, and just do MP on PS4. Otherwise it's just not worth having two save files.

Can't wait for the day GPD Win 3 releases and I can play this game on a handheld (GPD Win 2 is coming out soon and will likely be able to handle Dolphin, and will probably come reasonably close to the Switch in power... so 5 more years and we'll be able to run MH World). But by that time we should have a new 5th gen game on Switch too.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Just beat Anjanath again, this time with the charge blade. 18 minutes and 30 seconds this time.

I really love the new sliding slash move with the charge blade. You perform an attack and then when you hit circle to do the special attack if you hold a direction he will run and slide in that direction and then perform the attack. I didn't really get a chance to use it when fighting him because when you're in the middle of a hunt you pretty much just react to what's going on and it's really hard to think about what you're doing and actively use the new move... but I really do love the charge blade.

And after seeing the improvements made to the hunting horn, I think I'm going to main charge blade and hunting horn this game. One sharp weapon and one blunt weapon. One for solo, one good for MP support.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MisterMan

After playing a bunch last night - I'm loving this game! I'm glad I got to do a Rathalos hunt with a good group. That felt more like the old MH hunts I know and love. I also tweaked my camera and lock on to play like the old games and that helped a lot. My only complaint is the FPS drops and the scout flies are very annoying. They distract from the beautiful environments. I mean, there's this awesome looking area, but all you see is this big cloud of green sparkles. Besides that, this game rules and is everything I was hoping for.

MisterMan

KirbyTheVampire

@JaxonH Alright, cool, thanks for the info. One thing I was wondering was how the Spirit thing works with the Longsword. What exactly am I supposed to do with that?

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@KirbyTheVampire You fill up the spirit gauge with regular combos and expend it on R attacks. If you get to the end of the R combo and connect with the round slash your sword will begin to glimmer white. Once more and it's yellow, a third and final time and its red. The successive colors are basically flat damage boosts, so you want to be filling and leveling up your gauge.

The drop slash after the stab (R2 + triangle) consumes a color level of gauge, but starts to automatically refill it so you can use R more often. The counter move (R2 + O) depletes your bar (not its color level), but combos into a quick round slash level up if you dodge through an attack and land the counter slash.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KirbyTheVampire

I don't know if this was mentioned here, but apparently the Beta has a lower difficulty than the actual game. No wonder it's so easy, then.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

One thing I really appreciate about this game being on PS4/X1 is recording videos and voice chat (I'm sorry, I love Switch but the fact MHXX has no easy voice chat solution and forces me to use Discord every time I play sucks- it's not the end of the world because a lot of that game is played solo anyways and on the go, but it's just so much easier when my PS Camera automatically works as a mic, it's just "on" by default). There are downsides obviously, like not being able to play it anywhere, but the good news is there are at least upsides to help offset that.

The last time I played a Monster Hunter game with built-in voice chat was 2013 on the Wii U. Gosh it feels good to be able to do that again. And it feels good to be able to record if something awesome happens (which, thankfully MHXX also now supports).

These are small things, but having them makes me realize how much I appreciate them. Normally I don't care about voice chat but this is one game in particular where it matters to me. And while I like video recording for all games I could live without it for many of them, but MH is a game where I really appreciate being able to record an awesome feat in a hunt. I need to figure out if there's a way to shorten the time captured- 1 minute would be perfect, though I do appreciate being able to record longer if I so desire. I remember back on Wii U with MH3U, wishing so hard I could take screenshots in game. For some reason all other games supported the Miiverse screenshot function except MH3U. Which really set the tone with the series for me. I would spend the next 5 years playing the games without the ability to take a screenshot. Now I can record videos!

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@KirbyTheVampire

All previous game demos in the series had lower difficulty as well. That's just a given for the western audience. But it should be noted, the difficulty of this game is demo is significantly less then the difficulty of previous game demos.

Even with a Great Jaggi for the Beginner Quest- a monster whose attacks I know like the back of my hand, I have never managed to beat it in a matter of minutes without taking a single hit of damage like I did Great Jaggras. In the MHXX demo, I have still yet to beat the Advanced Quest against Valphalk, whereas I beat Anjanath on my first try. Also, you get to faint 9 times in this demo, as opposed to 3 times in previous demos.

With all that being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing. It did have me worried that the game would be too easy, but those fears were put to rest when I hunted the Diablos and Rathalos, which had exactly the difficulty you would expect.

JaxonH

@KirbyTheVampire
Hard to say. But if they do, it's not by as much.

zionich

Finally got to play the beta. Love the game so far. I think I'll be going back to Sword and Shield. It has always been my go to weapon.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

It's really grown on me.

At first there were a lot of things I didn't like about it. In fact, my initial impressions were rather disappointing. But as I've played it more and changed the settings to my liking and adjusted to some of the changes and so on, it became a lot more impressive.

-Green-

My hype for this game has sort of died off. Maybe I'm just burned out on MH.

The game looks great, but the idea of grinding and battling the same monsters over and over again for materials kills any excitement.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

Well, demo was nice, but it's back to Xenoblade 2 for me.

I'll see you guys January 26th.

Haru17

@-Green- Every time I play Monster Hunter I remember how tiring it is to play Monster Hunter. It's so rewarding, but it's quite draining to binge for like 4+ hours. The mechanics feel better than ever now (I like the lance. What.), but I think I'll have to play through the main game gradually like I first played 3. Anyway, my point is when there is a full game that's out there will reward you for progressing with new environments, encounters, and now objectives and even cutscenes. Plus, you only have to grind one or two armor sets to finish the story in a MH game. Personally, I don't think they're all that grindy. Combat is for sure intensive though.

There's a ton of destructible environments I didn't even realize. They can all be destroyed / triggered by two small barrel bombs (now just 'barrel bombs').

Aviator

Guys... I died.

And then I was reborn playing this f***ing amazing beta.

Navi, Huntress of the Wild, is back baby!

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Haru17

@Aviator Isn't 'Navi, Huntress of the Wild' that Playstation collaboration?

But anyway, I had a blast playing the beta. I even rushed down Rathalos and Diablos along with some randoms in the last hours. This is for sure one of my highlights: https://gfycat.com/AntiqueCloudyArcticfox

Did anyone else have trouble with guarding out of a sprint? I guess they want you to use FPS click sprint, but I'm way not into that. It was especially awkward for me maining long sword. I hope the full game gets remapable controls — it's not like it isn't confusing people already.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic