Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,701

JaxonH

That new video is what I needed. Looks really great and makes the game seem a lot more familiar, but new at the same time.

Looks exactly like MH now. Like gaijin Hunter pointed out, that reveal trailer just showed new stuff... and made the game seem so foreign but this new gameplay is dead on.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Faruko

So no more numbered games ? This is the best decision if they wanted to make Monster Hunter come to every console without having to do spin off.

The portable team will probably do Switch/3DS next game in the series

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

-Green-

I'm so excited for this game. It was like legit one of my highlights for E3 and probably my favorite thing from Sony. It's gonna be so awesome.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CrazedCavalier

@Haru17 And plenty of people hated that trailer. But the game looked almost nothing like that two years later. Of course people are on the fence now.

And boo. Why can't we have numbered installments?

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Faruko

@CrazedCavalier probably so they can release in other platforms without having to deal with the spin off karma.

They wont forget the 3ds or the switch, not when they sell 4m a pop

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CrazedCavalier

@Faruko But they've already said they won't localize XX.

Also, you can move while drinking a potion. How on earth are they going to balance that?

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
For real?

Ugh. Well, this is gonna be a rollercoaster ride of emotional highs and lows

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3

Jesus is Lord.

CrazedCavalier

@Ralizah Yep. The fandom as a whole, actually.
One of the chillest fandoms I've been a part of has devolved over night due to console-wars nonsense.

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
It's a crappy situation. Capcom is to blame by the lack of XX announcement.

Even though it's bogus they left Switch out of MHW, had they at least announced XX and thrown fans a bone, people would be cool with it. Cause then the fanbase on Nintendo would have a traditional game to look forward to, and if the new game turned out good, well even better. Even more to be excited about, be it on other platforms or not.

They really asked for this. Regardless of their true intentions, it feels personal. It feels like they're just flaunting the fact they're yanking the franchise from Switch owners who were excited and ready for a MH game on console and handheld in one.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@CrazedCavalier I can't help but think that the MHXX Switch version was Capcom's way of dampening the blow in Japan.

Well, I hope that sweet, sweet Sony money was worth alienating a large fraction of its global fanbase. If this somehow ends up not being a hit on other platforms, Capcom will really be in a bad place. I suppose they really are all in at this point.

The game looks fun, but I don't know if I can knowingly continue to subsidize Capcom's continual mistreatment of the Nintendo community. At this point, when even collections of NES games and slightly upgraded ports of already localized games are skipping the Switch, it's hard not to take this all personally.

EDIT: You know, it just occurred to me: I wonder if blowback from all this will affect the sales of Monster Hunter Stories?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

Well, I hope that sweet, sweet Sony money was worth alienating a large fraction of its global fanbase.

Is that even confirmed? It was Capcom's decision to not continue the franchise on portable systems as far as I'm aware. On top of that, the game has been in development for three year from what I've gathered, maybe they expected Nintendo to come out with a home console, but it turns out the Switch just can't run this game. It's not like that's a new thing.

I don't think there's anyone stopping Capcom from localising XX either. Unless there's a giant tin-foil hat conspiracy set up by Sony that prevents all of this, but I highly doubt it.

Octane

CrazedCavalier

@Octane Sony's already got exclusive content lined up for the game.
It's a moneyhat of some sort.

EDIT: @Ralizah Nintendo's bringing that over themselves. The game bombed in Japan and nobody expected Capcom to localize it themselves.
Really wish Nintendo had stepped in and done XX instead.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

DarthNocturnal

Regarding potions on the move, if you can't run or dodge (or hit the deck), you're still vulnerable for a few seconds. So it'd still encourage one to back off for a few.

And let's be honest; it may be a video game, but there's no logical sense to standing still to chug down a potion and do a pose when you're within range of a monster that wants you to become their chew toy and/or hackysack.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Ralizah

@CrazedCavalier Oh, I know Nintendo is bringing MH Stories over. I wouldn't expect Capcom to bring it over (I think it's pretty clear Capcom wants nothing to do with Nintendo or the Switch, at least in the West). What I'm saying is, hopefully there's not some backlash against the brand itself on 3DS. I imagine this has burned and will continue to burn quite a number of bridges. It's not just the switch (ahem) away from Nintendo, but the switch away from portability itself.

Ralizah

pandarino

The game is not PlayStation exclusive though: Xbox, PS, PC - I think that Capcom just wanted to evolve the series and try to make it a hit the western market as well. It makes a lot of sense as it is confirmed this is developed by the main team of MH games, not a spin-off. They probably started developing this way before knowing the Switch's specs.

Edited on by pandarino

Unacceptable!

CrazedCavalier

@Ralizah The game wasn't going to sell either way, so you can't say for certain.

@Octane Considering they've been locking up actual gameplay content like Raids in Destiny, I'd say there's cause for concern.

DarthNocturnal

Yeah, did XB1 players ever even get all of those maps and such?

I think there was one set of content that would lose it's exclusivity AFTER Destiny 2 came out. And by then, what's the point? And good luck getting then to commit to that anyway...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Joeynator3000

CrazedCavalier wrote:

@Octane Sony's already got exclusive content lined up for the game.
It's a moneyhat of some sort.

EDIT: @Ralizah Nintendo's bringing that over themselves. The game bombed in Japan and nobody expected Capcom to localize it themselves.
Really wish Nintendo had stepped in and done XX instead.

Wanted to jump in and say Nintendo has helped with localizations for the MH games, I think even at the end of 4U's credits Capcom gave Special Thanks to Nintendo/Treehouse.

And Nintendo has been all about localizing games lately (such as Stories, a game people didn't expect to come here), I really feel/hope this no XX announcement is Nintendo's doing. They enjoy being secrety and all that, so...

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic