Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Metal Gear Solid Series

Showing 21 to 40 of 41

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

21. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The only one in the main series that I haven't played, is the second one.

Have you played Peace Walker cause that directly links to Ground Zero.

Yes.

Ah I wasn't sure if you were referring to the numbered games only, the only ones I haven't played are MG2 and the PSP ones excluding PW.

I was. I didn't know PW was part of the main series, but I've played it.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RedRocBoy

22. Posted:

But really I wish Nintendo would've made some type of deal with Kojima to some exclusive MGS games. We haven't had a console game since The Twin Snakes. I would love it if they remade the first two MG using the Fox Engine. Make Outer Heaven a little more bigger and add a couple of off base areas for some other side missions. I know the would sell especially jf they took their time and really used the Wii U's hardware. Developers make these weak excuses on why they games aren't coming over. It's not power it's the architecture. The Wii U is another beast compared to the PS4 &X1. Really wish we could get same MGS love. :'(

Edited on by RedRocBoy

RedRocBoy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

23. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The only one in the main series that I haven't played, is the second one.

Have you played Peace Walker cause that directly links to Ground Zero.

Yes.

Ah I wasn't sure if you were referring to the numbered games only, the only ones I haven't played are MG2 and the PSP ones excluding PW.

I was. I didn't know PW was part of the main series, but I've played it.

Some people think it was supposed to be MGS V but that Konami didn't like the idea of a numbered game being exclusive to a portable.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PKNoUsernameHere

24. Posted:

I kinda want to start getting into this series. Is Snake Eater a good one to start out with? Because I don't have any Xbox or PS Consoles, lol.

Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Top 5 games: Pokemon HeartGold, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

25. Posted:

PSI_King wrote:

I kinda want to start getting into this series. Is Snake Eater a good one to start out with? Because I don't have any Xbox or PS Consoles, lol.

Chronologically Snake Eater is the first game so that or number order.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

26. Posted:

PSI_King wrote:

I kinda want to start getting into this series. Is Snake Eater a good one to start out with? Because I don't have any Xbox or PS Consoles, lol.

Well I guess it would have to be if you dont have any of the other consoles. Of course if you have a Gamecube or a Wii that plays Gamecube games, you can try tracking down a copy of Twin Snakes which is just a remake of the first game.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

27. Posted:

PSI_King wrote:

I kinda want to start getting into this series. Is Snake Eater a good one to start out with? Because I don't have any Xbox or PS Consoles, lol.

Go number order.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Swiket

28. Posted:

Playing the series through release date is the best way to play. Even though MGS3 and Peace Walker are prequels, they contain references to entries in the series before them. Also it's nice to see how the gameplay and controls evolve throughout the series.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

29. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Playing the series through release date is the best way to play. Even though MGS3 and Peace Walker are prequels, they contain references to entries in the series before them. Also it's nice to see how the gameplay and controls evolve throughout the series.

Like Johnny.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MoogleMuffins

30. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Like Johnny.
Untitled

That's one big thing I found to be pretty stupid in MGS4, I won't go into spoilers, but it's pretty amazing how they went with Johnny, whose main character trait is his bowel movements.

Anyone else get their Ground Zeroes copy today?

Untitled

Edited on by MoogleMuffins

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

31. Posted:

Anyone else get their Ground Zeroes copy today?

Got my copy yesterday also i just need to know something, the DLC in the box is for the Phantom Pain so i don't use it until the Phantom Pain release? is that right.

I'm a massive fan of Metal Gear Solid so Ground Zeroes is totally worth it for me.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MoogleMuffins

32. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Anyone else get their Ground Zeroes copy today?

Got my copy yesterday also i just need to know something, the DLC in the box is for the Phantom Pain so i don't use it until the Phantom Pain release? is that right.

I'm a massive fan of Metal Gear Solid so Ground Zeroes is totally worth it for me.

That's correct, the DLC is for the upcoming Phantom Pain game. I just beat the main story, people weren't kidding when they said this was short, it took me about 84 minutes. I still only focused on the main mission first though as I really wanted to know what happens in the story.

From what I played though, I was really impressed, the graphics are beautiful, the PS4 really shows what it is capable in this game. Talking of the story, this definitely looks like it's shaping up to be the most darkest entry in the series, going into Phantom Pain which I'm assuming will be similar.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

33. Posted:

PSI_King wrote:

I kinda want to start getting into this series. Is Snake Eater a good one to start out with? Because I don't have any Xbox or PS Consoles, lol.

It's a prequel. There shouldn't be much confusion. Go for it! It's a fantastic game.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

34. Posted:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

I just beat the main story, people weren't kidding when they said this was short, it took me about 84 minutes. the graphics are beautiful, the PS4 really shows what it is capable in this game

TBH, I wouldn't buy a game for $30 if it lasted that long. I have no doubt that it's a fun game, but seriously, this might as well be a f***ing demo.

Also, this more so pushes the limits of Xbox 360 and PS3, more than PS4. I looked up comparisons, and there's no denying that the textures, clarity, etc. are a bit better, but seriously, you shouldn't even be able to compare a 7th gen and 8th gen game.

I really like MGS, but this s*** looks like a damn cash grab. No joke.
Also, since this is a Nintendo centric website, I understand that Wii U isn't putting out TRUE 8th gen gmes, either, but when I see negative remarks about Wii U, then I see occurrences like this, it just makes alot of people look like morons. No offense.

EDIT: To be clear, not all of my post was directed at you.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MoogleMuffins

35. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

TBH, I wouldn't buy a game for $30 if it lasted that long. I have no doubt that it's a fun game, but seriously, this might as well be a f***ing demo.

Also, this more so pushes the limits of Xbox 360 and PS3, more than PS4. I looked up comparisons, and there's no denying that the textures, clarity, etc. are a bit better, but seriously, you shouldn't even be able to compare a 7th gen and 8th gen game.

I really like MGS, but this s*** looks like a damn cash grab. No joke.
Also, since this is a Nintendo centric website, I understand that Wii U isn't putting out TRUE 8th gen gmes, either, but when I see negative remarks about Wii U, then I see occurrences like this, it just makes alot of people look like morons. No offense.

EDIT: To be clear, not all of my post was directed at you.

No offence taken, I will admit it was way overpriced for what it is, should at least be £10 or around about that price. But it does have a lot of re-playability if you include getting all the collectibles and the side ops.

Do I feel though it's more of a demo than an actual game though? Absolutely. I really don't understand why Kojima decided to even have Ground Zeroes as a separate game all together, the prologue could have been a first mission on Phantom Pain. Maybe it was just to give fans a taste of what to expect as the length between each release of a MGS game is pretty long, if you're just including the main series.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

36. Posted:

Maybe it was just to give fans a taste of what to expect as the length between each release of a MGS game is pretty long, if you're just including the main series.

That's exactly why he released it.

So all I need are four more trophies and I have Ground Zeroes at 100%. I have to say, this is the most difficult Metal Gear, yet. On one hand, I hope V is this difficult with a Peace Walker-ish amount of content. On the other, I really don't want this. At first, I found the S ranks very difficult to obtain, but once you learn the enemy placement and tag most enemies, you'll be okay.

Also, dat donkey!
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

37. Posted:

I'm curious about how people who bought GZ feel about sending the message to Konami, et al that they can get away with paid demos. You know it'll only kickstarter a terrible, terrible trend.

Kodeen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rezalack

38. Posted:

I just watched IGN's 8 minute run of GZ. I know I'd be pretty mad if I paid any more than $10 for that "game". It seems people are really trying to sugarcoat the lack of game with trophies, but hey, to each their own. If they're happy with their purchase.. good for them. @Kodeen I hope you're wrong about this becoming a trend, but sadly I could see it happening. I'd like to believe Nintendo wouldn't do it though..

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

39. Posted:

Technically this already happened with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, but there were no pretentions there. It was even in the title - it's just a small sample of what you'd get in the full game.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

40. Posted:

@CanisWolfred And there was Dissidia Duodecim Prologus on PSP which I brought only because I'm a huge Dissidia fan.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94