Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Posts 121 to 140 of 221

6ch6ris6

GMB-001 wrote:

I never got those who say they're gonna get the game on PC or Xbox.. Certain games just doesn't mix well with certain systems imo, especially those which were exclusively on a single brand for a long time like Metal Gear.. Just thinking of fragmenting my collection of the series is like having a nightmare, Having all the trophies separated here and there instead of just one account, having to switch on two or three systems every time I want to marathon the series.. Ugh..

lmao !
metal gear began on the msx. the only metal gear game that is truly exclusive by now is mgs4. there were a few handheld exclusives like the acid stuff and ghost of babel for gameboy. mgs2 was released on xbox aswell. mgs1 got a remake for gamecube. mgs3 came on 3DS and xbox360. peace walker also came on 360 later. mgs5 has the same release date for all platforms (xbox360, ps3, ps4, xboxONE and PC)

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

GMB-001

@6ch6ris6: Umm.. Yes, I'm aware of that, but my point that certain franchises are closely associated with certain platforms and brands.. You can talk all you want about MG3 on the 3DS or Bible on the GB, but let's be real here, in reality, Metal Gear as a whole, as a franchise, is associated with the Playstation.. Playstation is the only brand that got every single MGS game (except for Bible and Twin Snakes). I can marathon the whole series starting from Meta Gear from the MSX all the way through to MGS 5 with just one PSN account and two Playstation systems (Again, except for the two games mentioned before).

GMB-001

6ch6ris6

@GMB-001: well the only metal gear game i played on a sony system was metal gear solid on PSX. never had any sony system again and i am not playing to get one, because there is nothing besides metal gear that interests me on those consoles

btw: HYPE HYPE HYPE !!!!

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ralizah

@GMB-001: If I had a really nice PC, I'd totally go for the PC version. I'll take improved visuals and mod support over brand loyalty and the supposed convenience of having all of your... erm, trophies in one place any day of the week.

With that said, my PC was built in 2011. It still runs nicely, and can play most modern-gen games smoothly, but I think I'll just get the PS4 version so I don't have any driver issues or frame-rate lag.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GMB-001

@Ralizah: That's you.. I would definitely go for convinces and unified library and trophies over pees and GWAFIXZZZZ.. It's got nothing to do with brand loyalty or ''fanboyism'', If MGS was associated with Nintendo, I would have gotten the series there, Just like how I'd get Fallout on PC and Smash on Wii U instead of 3DS, or how I refused to buy Breath of Fire 6 because it was on smart phones instead of console.. I just prefer to get all the entries from a franchise on a single ecosystem, it's neater and feels nice that way..

Edited on by GMB-001

GMB-001

Ralizah

@GMB-001: I'm not entirely sure what "pees and GWAFIXZZZZ" are, but stuff like greater draw distance and less pop-in helps to improve the gameplay experience as a whole.

You do realize the game will have trophies on all of the platforms it is on, right? They might be called "Achievements" or something else instead, but it'll likely be the same list of accomplishments as what comes on the Playstation version. Literally the only thing likely to change is the name of the achievement system.

Not sure what "unified library" you're talking about, either, as you can't play previous MGS games on the PS4 anyhow. The only system you'll be able to play every game in the series on is the PS3.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MsJubilee

Ah after this game is released i can finally not give a damn about Konami.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

rallydefault

@Ralizah: Yea, but the PS4 shows your old achievements from PS3 games, so in a way, it does keep your library in order (source: I actually own a PS4).

I see what he's getting at, and it's a mentality that I share. It's really a personal feeling, though, so no need to rip into the guy. I, also, associate Metal Gear with PS because, like many, I truly started Metal Gear with Solid on the PSone. So, even if it does mean shorter draw distances or whatever, I'd probably still get it on PS4 just because I want to and it's the feeling I have.

Pretty simple, you know? It doesn't need to make logical sense - people shop with their feelings just as much as they shop with their minds. You do it, too! <gasp>

rallydefault

6ch6ris6

TwilightAngel wrote:

Ah after this game is released i can finally not give a damn about Konami.

i wish i could say the same aswell but i need my Pro Evolution Soccer. i will never support FIFA

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

CaviarMeths

I'm a MGS virgin, but I really want to get into this series. Picked up the MGS Legacy Collection a while back on PS3, but haven't touched it yet. I guess soon would be as good of a time as any. Then I can dive into TPP.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@SuperWiiU: i think in europe they sell it on dvd. at least that's what the boxart says. if i need to download it i won't be able to play it for 2-3 days after release. that'd be absolute horror

I just found the PC version of GZ in a local store and asked it it was on DVD and it is. So the webstores I saw it at are wrong(they mentioned GZ as code in a box too) and Phantom Pain will probably be on DVD's too. So that's reassuring. I'll play GZ this week to be sure I can run PP well to tell if it's worth it to buy it at launch.

Socar

So the reviews are critical. But even with that in mind, its still a multiplat game so getting the PC version would be the most suitable for me (once I get a powerful laptop.....) While it looks like it could be a masterpiece to many, I only hope fans don't get disappointed like Ground Heroes. Actually, I don't get why Konami made a two part game of V instead of making them brand new games..... feels like you're being tricked for all that it sounds like.

I've never played the Metal Gear series but I did look at my brother playing Solid back on PSone.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

damn i think i read a spoiler looking at the newest threads on steam.
damn!!! this is it. no more mgs5 related sites until i beat the game!

also the last kojima-directed trailer for the game was released today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI
it features the quiet-theme but this time with lyrics!
kinda regret watching it though. i suggest you close it when you see the credits after 2-3mins or so. the last part could also be considered as spoilers IMO.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SuperWiiU

Wow, Ground Zeroes really is short. I finished it already. There are still some bugs too, though the games runs really smooth and looks great. It does worry me that they haven't fixed it. I'll wait and see a few days after the release to know for sure they aren't still present in PP, if they are I won't buy the game for now.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6

@SuperWiiU: what bugs did you get? i havent seen any i think and i played the game for over 22hours.
did you just finish the first mission? play the other ones aswell and try harder difficulties.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Dezzy

Anyone read this? http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/08/24/metal-gear-so...

If you go to metacritic, you'll see the 95% rating is coming from 20 reviews or so. Whereas if you look at most big games, say Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon, you get around 80 reviews.
It would appear Konami is very selectively choosing who gets the early review copies. I'm sure it won't end up having that big an effect, but still, there's clearly some bad behaviour going on here.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@SuperWiiU: what bugs did you get? i havent seen any i think and i played the game for over 22hours.
did you just finish the first mission? play the other ones aswell and try harder difficulties.

Read the steam forums for many bugs, a large portion were never patched. The most persistant bugs I had were the final cutscene crashed/crawls forward and the mouse cursor keeps popping up in the middle of the screen. Luckily this didn't happen that much during Ground Zeroes mission, but it was really annoying during the other missions. I finished all the missions already except the two you can unlock by finding all the patches(didn't get them all yet).

6ch6ris6

@Dezzy: there were way more people who got review copies (not just 20), but several of those decided to not publish a review until they finish the game and can try all features like multiplayer FOB.

@SuperWiiU: i had a small problem with the mouse cursor, too, but i have that in quite a few games actually. dont know why.
never tried to get all patches. i don't like such collection tasks

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@SuperWiiU: i had a small problem with the mouse cursor, too, but i have that in quite a few games actually. dont know why.
never tried to get all patches. i don't like such collection tasks

From what I've read you need to collect the patches(there are just 9) to get the two bonus missions with classic Snake & Raiden. If you search for the locations online you can probably do it in a few minutes.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic