Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Posts 101 to 120 of 221

banacheck

Hideo Kojima has opened up a little on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, discussing the game’s new approach to stealth.

Speaking to 4Gamer (translation by DualShockers), Kojima described Metal Gear Solid V as being much more of a realistic stealth game than previous entries in the series.

“It’s not just a matter of following the rules of the game anymore,” he said. “You can decide to just walk to your destination or ride a car. There are less sentries during the night, but you’ll be easy to spot if you turn on the headlights. Of course there are a lot more sentries during the day.”

“I think the definition of ‘real stealth simulator’ is appropriate. Previously when the game was on rails players knew what to expect, because designers just put an explosion there, a collapsing wall there. It was like a haunted house. Now weather and time will change. I wanted to make this game allowing a million of different players to play in a million of different ways.”

banacheck

Chrono_Cross

Phatosaurus wrote:

banacheck wrote:

All i know is Ground Zeroes will actually be a prologue to The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes following directly from the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Kojima hasn't said anything more really only that this is his final Metal Gear game's. Sad i know but he said that about MGS 4, but this time i think it's different.

He had said that about every MGS since 2.

Since Metal Gear Solid 1. You can blame the gaming community for his continuous work on the franchise.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

I really need to play the MGS games in order.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

banacheck

Here's a short interview with Yoji Shinkawa Talking Characters and Tone, taken from E3.

Renowned for artwork that's become synonymous with the Metal Gear games, Yoji Shinkawa talks about his favourite new characters in a short interview conducted by Konami during E3

Link for the interview: http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-10375-Metal-Gear-Solid-V...

banacheck

banacheck

Chrono_Crossing

Since Metal Gear Solid 1. You can blame the gaming community for his continuous work on the franchise

I love Metal Gear Solid i own every MGS game from MGS One, as there are older Metal Gear games. Metal Gear Solid V is going to be amazing, it's also adding a real time open world to the MGS games, which give's you a lot more freedom to play how you choose. PS4 is going to be a good generation as i bet you'll see a lot more open world games.

Aviator

I really need to play the MGS games in order.

You can buy the HD collection which has MGS2 Sons Of Liberty, MGS3 Snake Eater & MGS Peace Walker, you buy MGS1 off the PSN store & pick-up MGS4 pretty cheap. Thats if you do not own any MGS games, that is.

banacheck

Olliemar28

banacheck wrote:

You can buy the HD collection which has MGS2 Sons Of Liberty, MGS3 Snake Eater & MGS Peace Walker.

Plus Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

As someone said earlier, it's so surprising to see such a heavy hitting trailer for MGS5, particularly since Peace Walker was one of the more lighthearted entries in the series. The bomb in the stomach scene... That was almost too much for me.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

banacheck

The bomb in the stomach scene... That was almost too much for me.

I know going through the stomach like that, my god. The story is going to be heavy hitting like you said also Yoji Shinkawa points that out too, and how the characters will reflect this. If you watch the [Yoji Shinkawa Talking Characters and Tone], you'll see the difference, there a part Yoji points out. Coming out of a sand storm, them characters look smart.

banacheck

banacheck

I wasn't sure when that was coming out and what it include, but thanks, if you don't own any MGS games the Complete Legacy Collection would be the one to get.

banacheck

banacheck
Gameplay footage from TSG PS4, this is different footage from the night mission in the rain, this is day time footage.

banacheck

6ch6ris6

i was so hyped for this but the gameplay shown really bothers me.
mapping enemies is totally stupid. there was a radar in mgs3 why cant there be one in mgs5 now? and it seems that enemies can only notice you if you stand right in front of them or shoot at them.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

awesome news !
mgs5 for PC is coming on the same date like the console versions. september 1st !!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

omfg new trailer from gamescom! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c98xf8PxC4
and new gameplay (30mins) but i havent watched it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGGuvRIIx8c

am i the only one so freaking hyped for this game???
i mean look at the videos. the online part looks sick! i will not use it though on my first playthrough though. wanna concentrate on the story first

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

moomoo

September 1st can't come fast enough. This is looking to be among the greatest video games ever made.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Peek-a-boo

Kojima has posted a graphics comparison on the Metal Gear Solid V website:

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/jp/products/compare.php5

Resolution is also announced:

PS3/Xbox 360: sub-720p upscaled/30fps
PS4: 1080p/60fps
Xbox One: 900p/60fps
PC: up to 4K/60fps

The PlayStation 4 is missing some of the higher textures and the draw distance isn't quite as good, especially the (distance) lighting models, but I am more than happy to play the second best option. I just hope the open world design doesn't do the game any harm, narrative wise. I'm not one to spend hours and hours mooching around a big open terrain; the story is mainly all I wish to pursue.

I am surprised to see just how good the old generation versions run! They have done pretty well to squeeze as much as they possibly can out of those two nine year old consoles.

Peek-a-boo

6ch6ris6

i will get it on PC. i just hope they release a retail box and not just the download thing on steam. i wanna have something physical even when i need to register it on steam.
looking at the system requirements i should be able to play the game in 1080p/60fps on pretty high settings. i hope you can turn off reflex mode like you could in ground zeroes.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Peek-a-boo

Oh, lots of 9's and 10's given to this in the past twelve hours, since the review embargo was lifted.

Looks like MGSV is keeping Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 in good company as a trio of the best games of this year.

Trouble is, I have got Until Dawn coming and Tearaway Unfolded a few weeks later. Talk about having too much to play all at once!

Peek-a-boo

SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i will get it on PC. i just hope they release a retail box and not just the download thing on steam. i wanna have something physical even when i need to register it on steam.
looking at the system requirements i should be able to play the game in 1080p/60fps on pretty high settings. i hope you can turn off reflex mode like you could in ground zeroes.

They are releasing a retail box, but it's just a code in a box. Which is a shame, as downloading the whole game will take longer than just installing from a couple of DVD's.

6ch6ris6

@SuperWiiU: i think in europe they sell it on dvd. at least that's what the boxart says. if i need to download it i won't be able to play it for 2-3 days after release. that'd be absolute horror

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

GMB-001

I never got those who say they're gonna get the game on PC or Xbox.. Certain games just doesn't mix well with certain systems imo, especially those which were exclusively on a single brand for a long time like Metal Gear.. Just thinking of fragmenting my collection of the series is like having a nightmare, Having all the trophies separated here and there instead of just one account, having to switch on two or three systems every time I want to marathon the series.. Ugh..

GMB-001

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic