Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Showing 101 to 120 of 121

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

101. Posted:

oh boy that video is AMAZING. typical mgs / kjima work. i already fell in love with this game. there are just no other games that can tell such great stories that really move you like mgs.
oh and the visuals are...mindblowing. cant believe this will be an open world / real time game.
OPEN WORLD REAL TIME TACTIAL ESPIONAGE ACTION
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kojima

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

banacheck

102. Posted:

MGS5 lookings incredible cannot wait to play it on the PS4, the visuals are excellent. An open real time world with no loading times, we'll be see a lot more of MGS5 over the coming months.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Swiket

103. Posted:

Extended trailer:

Wow, this is legitimately hard to watch.

Edited on by Swiket

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

104. Posted:

that music is the definition of epicness. the story seems even more crazy and way more serious than ever. i love games but there are only a very few handful of games that really touch you. metal gear solid games are definetly the best.
i love nintendo but this is something nintendo games will never achieve

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

105. Posted:

Given how light hearted Peace Walker was, it's hard for me to swallow how serious a turn the series is turning.

It does look good though. Still not sold on Jack Bauer replacing David Hayter for the voice but I can live with it.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

banacheck

106. Posted:

Metal Gear Online and User Generated Missions to Feature in MGS V: The Phantom Pain

According to the series creator, the game will see the return of multiplayer element Metal Gear Online, while also offering players the ability to create and share missions.

I thought i would post this here for people that are interested in MGS5
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-10241-E3-2013--Metal-Gea...

banacheck

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

107. Posted:

Has Kojima or any of the Kojipro guys cleared up how Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain will work.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

banacheck

108. Posted:

All i know is Ground Zeroes will actually be a prologue to The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes following directly from the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Kojima hasn't said anything more really only that this is his final Metal Gear game's. Sad i know but he said that about MGS 4, but this time i think it's different.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

109. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

All i know is Ground Zeroes will actually be a prologue to The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes following directly from the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Kojima hasn't said anything more really only that this is his final Metal Gear game's. Sad i know but he said that about MGS 4, but this time i think it's different.

He had said that about every MGS since 2.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

banacheck

110. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

banacheck wrote:

He did say unlike previous times he is serious.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

111. Posted:

Hideo Kojima has opened up a little on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, discussing the game’s new approach to stealth.

Speaking to 4Gamer (translation by DualShockers), Kojima described Metal Gear Solid V as being much more of a realistic stealth game than previous entries in the series.

“It’s not just a matter of following the rules of the game anymore,” he said. “You can decide to just walk to your destination or ride a car. There are less sentries during the night, but you’ll be easy to spot if you turn on the headlights. Of course there are a lot more sentries during the day.”

“I think the definition of ‘real stealth simulator’ is appropriate. Previously when the game was on rails players knew what to expect, because designers just put an explosion there, a collapsing wall there. It was like a haunted house. Now weather and time will change. I wanted to make this game allowing a million of different players to play in a million of different ways.”

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

112. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Since Metal Gear Solid 1. You can blame the gaming community for his continuous work on the franchise.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Aviator

113. Posted:

I really need to play the MGS games in order.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

banacheck

114. Posted:

Here's a short interview with Yoji Shinkawa Talking Characters and Tone, taken from E3.

Renowned for artwork that's become synonymous with the Metal Gear games, Yoji Shinkawa talks about his favourite new characters in a short interview conducted by Konami during E3

Link for the interview: http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-10375-Metal-Gear-Solid-V...

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

115. Posted:

Chrono_Crossing

Since Metal Gear Solid 1. You can blame the gaming community for his continuous work on the franchise

I love Metal Gear Solid i own every MGS game from MGS One, as there are older Metal Gear games. Metal Gear Solid V is going to be amazing, it's also adding a real time open world to the MGS games, which give's you a lot more freedom to play how you choose. PS4 is going to be a good generation as i bet you'll see a lot more open world games.

Aviator

I really need to play the MGS games in order.

You can buy the HD collection which has MGS2 Sons Of Liberty, MGS3 Snake Eater & MGS Peace Walker, you buy MGS1 off the PSN store & pick-up MGS4 pretty cheap. Thats if you do not own any MGS games, that is.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Stryker89

116. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

You can buy the HD collection which has MGS2 Sons Of Liberty, MGS3 Snake Eater & MGS Peace Walker.

Plus Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

As someone said earlier, it's so surprising to see such a heavy hitting trailer for MGS5, particularly since Peace Walker was one of the more lighthearted entries in the series. The bomb in the stomach scene... That was almost too much for me.

Current games: Super Smash Bros Wii U, Fantasy Life
Upcoming games: Xenoblade Chronicles X, LoZ: Majora's Mask 3D

AuthorMessage

banacheck

117. Posted:

The bomb in the stomach scene... That was almost too much for me.

I know going through the stomach like that, my god. The story is going to be heavy hitting like you said also Yoji Shinkawa points that out too, and how the characters will reflect this. If you watch the [Yoji Shinkawa Talking Characters and Tone], you'll see the difference, there a part Yoji points out. Coming out of a sand storm, them characters look smart.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

118. Posted:

You all know there's a complete Legacy Collection coming soon, right? That includes every game in the series?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

banacheck

119. Posted:

I wasn't sure when that was coming out and what it include, but thanks, if you don't own any MGS games the Complete Legacy Collection would be the one to get.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

120. Posted:

Gameplay footage from TSG PS4, this is different footage from the night mission in the rain, this is day time footage.

banacheck