Forums

Topic: Mass Effect 2 Coming to PS3 January 2011

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

Slapshot

Axoloth wrote:

If Steam comes to PS3, won't it be possible to buy ME 1 for the PS3 through Steam.....?

That is good thinking there my friend. As Steam is surely coming to PS3 as the rumors say.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

J_K

I find the whole situation entertaining, especially all the 360 fanboy rage after more news came out that the PS3 will more or less be the definitive version with some massive opening and other junk to gloss over ME1 so people aren't loss coupled with ALL the addon packages and content thrown onto the PS3 game stock at no extra charge. Furthermore, they said future titles would co-release on both systems so it really is a big bonus for Sony owners and a big eye gouge to those on the 360 camp both since it's a lost exclusive and because they had to buy all the additional content and on PS3 owners like me wont' have to supposedly.

I've wanted a shot at this, and I can't. I may have a quad core PC well loaded, except in one way a crappy 2600XT HD Radeon card w/256MB of RAM which is even below spec for ME1 so I've avoided it. I can see very well picking this up and and giving it a go and some day I get a new PC with the guts to do it, or can get a video card for under $100 that will run it, then I can go back and do ME1.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

sonic_brawler95

Dang, I was just about to make this topic.

I would actually prefer the 1st Mass Effect, I liked that one. I never played the 2nd one, but I think it would've been better to let PS3 owners, who probly didn't play the Mass Effect games, start off with the first one.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

shingi_70

J.K. wrote:

I find the whole situation entertaining, especially all the 360 fanboy rage after more news came out that the PS3 will more or less be the definitive version with some massive opening and other junk to gloss over ME1 so people aren't loss coupled with ALL the addon packages and content thrown onto the PS3 game stock at no extra charge. Furthermore, they said future titles would co-release on both systems so it really is a big bonus for Sony owners and a big eye gouge to those on the 360 camp both since it's a lost exclusive and because they had to buy all the additional content and on PS3 owners like me wont' have to supposedly.

I've wanted a shot at this, and I can't. I may have a quad core PC well loaded, except in one way a crappy 2600XT HD Radeon card w/256MB of RAM which is even below spec for ME1 so I've avoided it. I can see very well picking this up and and giving it a go and some day I get a new PC with the guts to do it, or can get a video card for under $100 that will run it, then I can go back and do ME1.

Well its not the definitive version of the game since the PS3 guys can't play ME1 and just get a gloss over. TO me being able to play the trilogy back to back and watching my choices affect the storyline is the best way as its the way the series was mean't to be played.

Also its not really a gouge out pointed as many as the series was never exclusive in the first place. Also its been pointed out since the first game that this series was to span differnrt systems as pointed out by the iphone game and pitched DS game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AlexSays

So an inferior already-multiplat game is moving to another console?

Exciting news.

AlexSays

Slapshot

My understanding is that the reason the developers are starting to move toward PS3 is simply disc space. The BluRay has a massive storage capacity and its really showing. FF13 got stripped to fit the 360 and Squenix finally proved it. I read somewhere that they have since regreted it, and Crysis 2 on the PS3 will be the definative version reason.... Crytek said its the disc space!

The_Fox

I doubt that really is going to affect many developers. Most games run short even of DVD size, a trend likely that will continue until next gen. Not that I'm saying none of them see it as an issue, just that it's not going to lead into some sort of exodus away from the 360 to PS3

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

shingi_70

About to get a PS3 for the exclusives and better mutiplatform games. Though most of Mutiplayer and mutiplatform games are going to my 360 since iv'e invested time into it.

Also Crysis 2 is only the best version of the game if you have a 3D capable TV.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Slapshot

@The Fox... I agree, i dont think its too much to worry about, though I do think the PS3 will start seeing more and more exclusives with in game extras, etc. Especially with Microsoft now having this Kinect/Casual full force push into the "future of gaming" crap. I wouldnt get too worked up if your a 360 next gen only system owner at all. Mostly its all food for fanboys to rant about the way I see it.

@shingi..... actaully from what I read its a lot more than just the 3D. Longer single player mode, etc is what I read from Crytek but there is no way Im going hunting down that article. It very may well all change, and if its true, Im sure the little extra wont be anything to go screaming around about.

JTC-Pingas

slapshot82 wrote:

and Crysis 2 on the PS3 will be the definative version reason.... Crytek said its the disc space!

Nope. PC version will be the definitive version.

JTC-Pingas

Slapshot

JTCPingas09 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

and Crysis 2 on the PS3 will be the definative version reason.... Crytek said its the disc space!

Nope. PC version will be the definitive version.

LOL.... definately, but the issue I have with PC is that for every new game you spend the amount of money for the console to play it. I make the devs work for me by playing on consoles, not me upgrading for them

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.