Forums

Topic: Little Big Planet VS Trials HD

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

M00se

a friend liked the game and now thinks it sucks. he says it takes too long to make a level and thinks Trials HD for XBLA has a deeper and better crativity level? tell me if what you think about this statement.

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Infernape1000

Never played LBP, but I did enjoy THD. Though the level editor in THD takes to long to make a good, quality level.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

M00se

ok, LPB- 0 THD- 1

Adam

Never heard of Trials before today. Looks great, though. I can't imagine how the level editor could be worse than Little Big Planet's since Trials does not seem to feature the pointless and buggy three planes of Little Big Planet. For a game that stressed its level editor over everything else, I was dismayed to find that Little Big Planet has far and away the worst level editor I've ever laid hands on. Seems odd to compare the two, though. The concept of the level editor is not new, and it's the only common ground between the two.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

M00se

guessing you suck wind st creating levels cause, LPB level editor is great. beats trials because LBP has WAY MORE!!

Edited on by M00se

Adam

You should try reading your messages before posting them.

Come on, friends,

LzWinky

BB+Thrilla wrote:

guessing you suck wind st creating levels cause, LPB level editor is great. beats trials because LBP has WAY MORE!!

Or he just doesn't like the level editor in LBP. Just because LBP has more doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

I don't like level editors because user-based content always bore me very quickly for several reasons.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DK_vs_KK

I've played LBP, and loved it. But if it's the level editor were criticizing here, I have no opinion since I haven't tried it out since it's my friend's game. My friend's opinion of the level editor was "I thought it was too complicated. I just want to play the game, not make the game." I'm someone who enjoys level editors in my games though, so I guess it depends who you ask.

BTW, I haven't played Trials HD, either.

If you think New Super Mario Bros. Wii is hard, try Super Mario Bros. 3.
My Wii FC: 7998-6218-9613-0272 Contact me if you add my FC, by the way.
My Backloggery!
Books I'm reading: "Uncle Tom's Cabin"

Adam

Wait, wait... you guys actually understood that message? What does "suck wind st" mean? I didn't even realize I was being insulted. I just figured he was new at this whole "using keyboards" business, which is funny since it's much simpler than LBP's convoluted excuse for a level editor. I didn't even know wind could be sucked.

Come on, friends,

LzWinky

weirdadam wrote:

Wait, wait... you guys actually understood that message? What does "suck wind st" mean? I didn't even realize I was being insulted. I just figured he was new at this whole "using keyboards" business, which is funny since it's much simpler than LBP's convoluted excuse for a level editor. I didn't even know wind could be sucked.

We just assumed he meant "suck wind". You do raise a good point, though. One of the reasons I don't like user-based content is because they simply try to put too much into one level, making it more complicated than it needs to be (which kinda relates to the level editor)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Adam

Oh, I didn't realize "suck wind" was actually a phrase. Doesn't really make sense. Disregard what I said then. I thought I was having fun with a terrible typo. Doesn't look quite as bad now.

There are lots of games out there with great level editors. Little Big Planet just is not one of them. It's not a matter of the user trying to put too much into the level. That isn't a problem with the editor; that's a problem with an individual user. Just because some users make terrible levels doesn't mean the editor itself is flawed and there won't be any good levels. LBP's levels are disproportionately bad though because it is so difficult to use. Making a single decent level is absurdly time consuming.

But there are tons of good level editors out there. I've made countless levels for Lode Runner and Jumper 2, to name a couple. N's level editor is really good, too, though I don't play it much myself. I've played a lot of good levels for these games by others, too.

That said, I have played some fantastic LBP levels. They are simply very rare, forcing you to sift through too many terrible levels, which is unfortunate for a game that prides itself on community. So I can see how some like Mr. BB would like it. It's too finicky for me though, and requires too much of a time investment for what you eventually get out of it.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

ASDFGHJKL

weirdadam wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize "suck wind" was actually a phrase. Doesn't really make sense. Disregard what I said then. I thought I was having fun with a terrible typo. Doesn't look quite as bad now.

I feel your disappointment. Now come to chat, Corbie has something that might cheer you up

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

I'd imagine it'd always take time to make a quality level no matter what tools you're using. Perhaps your friend is just better at making tracks in Trails HD than he is at making levels in LittleBig Planet? Perhaps he just hasn't sat down with LBP's editor long enough to get things done more efficiently? I haven't played either of them - neither of them seem like my cup of tea - just throwing put some speculations.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

Some people just don't like level editors that have so much in it. I personally dislike level editors that have too much because there would be so much I would wanna do but I wouldn't be able to do all of it

Edited on by LzWinky

RandomWiiPlayer

LBP is awesome, it wins.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

M00se

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

LBP is awesome, it wins.

one of the first things that you said that i completely 10000000% agree with. good job!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.