Forums

Topic: Kinect vs Move

Posts 101 to 115 of 115

LzWinky

If the prices were lower, Move and Kinect might be more appealing

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sean007s

I'd much prefer to spend the money on actual games rather than the controller.
Don't get me wrong,i'd like to buy one but I'd have to take it upon myself to buy some MOVE games in which barely any interest me at all.
And Kinect especially, it cost's 150 euro. I could buy 3 brand new games with that or a whole slew of used 360 games I missed out on.
MOVE is more affordable for me. Might pick it up for Christmas with LBP2.

Edited on by Sean007s

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Bankai

You guys need to remember that these are premium products - both Move and Kinect are very high quality pieces of equipment that are very good at doing what they do.

Initially it might seem expensive, but really, once you've made the investment, it opens up a whole bunch more games (and experiences) to you - essentially it's cheaper than buying a whole new console, but provides much the same by way of new experience - especially Kinect.

castlehominid99

i will be getting kinect and wait for move until better games come out ive already used a motion controller with the wii but i really want to know what its like to play games controllerless

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Machu

Move for me, even tho' I'm likely to own neither. Can't get my head around not holding something. I'd play Natal (sorry, Kinect, way cooler, ha) with a Wii-Mote in hand, just cos. Pew, pew!!!

Multi-Platform Waggle is Goooo!

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

TheBaconator

castlehominid99 wrote:

i will be getting kinect and wait for move until better games come out ive already used a motion controller with the wii but i really want to know what its like to play games controllerless

Trust me. The gameplay (well at least from Kinect Adventures) isn't nearly as cool as the dashboard, video, and music parts of Kinect. You stand in front of the camera and it signs you in and then it follows voice command for videos and music. The gameplay from Kinect Adventures was frustrating and not 100% accurate. But that just may be the case in the demo version, and even if Kinect Adventures isn't all that great it comes free with Kinect.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Stuffgamer1

@WaltzElf: Which means anyone who doesn't give a crap about dancing (like me) has pretty much no reason to want Kinect.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Waltz... Dance Central does in fact look amazing and have to say Im flippin jealous that youve gotten hands on with both Move and Kinect.

@mnementh.... I wouldnt judge Move or Kinect by launch titles. Heck both 360 and PS3 rolled out to slow starts but once the games started piling on the systems have fourished, same for DS, DSiware, Wii and pretty much all systems. We all knew Move and Kinect will get there casual shovelware crap and its no suprise that its at launch either and for real, if your running out ot buy Kung Fu Riders or Start the Party for Move you should slap yourself really hard just for being ....

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Old_School

I have to go back to the idea that MS and Sony are playing catchup and duplicating Wiimotion with their own equipment. I would have to go with Move in the fact you have something to hold and with my experience with Wiimotion and Wiimotion+, that seems to be where to go. The idea of waggling your entire body is silly to me...I will just stick with my Wii for motion controls, the shovelware is cheaper and I don't want to clog my shelves and drive space with HD shovelware...The only thing I think motion controls really is good for is FPS and party games, swinging a cow on a chain is fun!

Vegeta: Just...just...transform damn you...
Bulma: We are going to have a penthouse sweet...and he'll drive a corvet...and we will make love every single...
Zarbon: (transforms)
Bulma: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Magi

Old School wrote:

The idea of waggling your entire body is silly to me...

People were saying something similar about the Wii just a few years ago. For what it's worth, there are plenty of games in which one "waggles" their whole body when playing on the Wii.

Old School wrote:

...the shovelware is cheaper and I don't want to clog my shelves and drive space with HD shovelware...

shovelware is shovelware

I thought the name of this thread was "Kinect vs. Move". There's a lot of Wii vs. Kinect/Move junk in here.

Magi

Stuffgamer1

Magi wrote:

I thought the name of this thread was "Kinect vs. Move". There's a lot of Wii vs. Kinect/Move junk in here.

Agreed, it is getting a bit ridiculous. For what it's worth (that being nothing), I'll make a nice little list: Move > Wii > Kinect.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Knux

I actually prefer traditonal gaming over motion controlled gaming, but I don't mind motion controlled gaming if it's done right. Anyway, my money is on Move. Move might be less original than Kinect is, but at least it seems to work just as good [or better] than Wii Motion Plus. Also, you can at least have full games with Move support. Due to Kinect's technology, the only games I see using Kinect are on-rails, which is not good. That's my two cents.

Knux

Bankai

Guys, I promise you, Move and Kinect work equally well, and they both work better than Wii Motion Plus.

Both are very responsive, both feel very natural to use, and both are very easy to use.

Quality of games is another matter entirely, but looking past the uninspired launch line-up for both (one or two games aside, which is how the Wii started off too, actually), I reckon Kinect has the most potential. All it needs is a creative developer, and BAM! we have games that were previously literally impossible. Kinect also is better for the kinds of fitness and sports games that I know a lot of people here don't enjoy, but millions others do.

Not that Kinect is guaranteed success, but it's by far the most interesting console tech around. I am seriously considering buying an Xbox just for that tech and the amount of fun I had with Dance Central.

Slapshot

WaltzElf wrote:

Not that Kinect is guaranteed success, but it's by far the most interesting console tech around. I am seriously considering buying an Xbox just for that tech and the amount of fun I had with Dance Central.

Im kinda regreting sending my 360 on its way down the road after seeing Dance Central

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.