Forums

Topic: Kickstarter - Help Fund Indie Games

Posts 101 to 120 of 609

purpleboy

It's not directly a game, but it's a shame what happened to the Final Fantasy VII web series Kickstarter

purpleboy

Play-Doh_25

purpleboy wrote:

It's not directly a game, but it's a shame what happened to the Final Fantasy VII web series Kickstarter

I disagree. I feel like it wasnt going to be that good quality wise and they shoudve known this was going to happen. You cant just expect to profit off of other company's content.

Play-Doh_25

3DS Friend Code: 4785-5060-1945 | Nintendo Network ID: Play-Doh_25

Big_Boy_Chubs

looks like something i'd find on the VC.

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

Daggo

Metroidlink wrote:

I think it look like Super Metroid

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Looks a little TOO MUCH like Super Metroid if you ask me...

Well, yeah, but in defence of the author, he is a big Metroid fan and...

Basically, the origins of the game you see, as it exists now, can be traced back to a flash game I started developing about a year ago — Where my aspirations weren't as high, I just wanted to make a metroid-like because Nintendo wasn't doing it.

The game grew a lot in its concepts and ideas and aspirations — But, as of now, the basic gameplay mechanics and engine are still the same that I set up originally.

Moving forward, if funded, I intend to rebuild the art for high res (and it'll be MUCH!!! more detailed because it won't have all those size and memory constraints built into it like my flash game did!) and since we'll be recoding it from the ground up, I'll also be overhauling the gameplay mechanics. It'll still be similar to metroid in some ways, but it'll be much more visceral, with enemies stumbling and falling down, things being pushed back, the player being able to be knocked down — and we'll have a basic melee attack for shoving enemies. It's all designed up here in my head — It'll be metroid-like with a bit of a melee combo type game mixed into it for good measure, and I feel it'll be everything the game needs to give it its own distinct flavor.

As it is now, it shapes to be aesthetically astounding and music samples are pretty good.
Could be good to check out this game when it's made available because it was already funded!

I hope he makes a WiiU version!

Edited on by Daggo

Daggo

MrWalkieTalkie

BiT: Evolution is yet another platformer that pays homage to retro games of the past
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1921120404/bit-evolution

Also, popular Project Phoenix has already been highly funded and has confirmed to arrive on PS4 & PS Vita. Developer says that they could bring it to Nintendo consoles, but won't simply because he views Wii U as "unexciting"
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoeni...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

MrWalkieTalkie

Also, Project Ravensdale, from the creators of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, only has 28 hours left and is nowhere near it's goal! However, according to the developers, even if the Kickstarter campaign fails, they will not stop on trying to complete Ravensdale. So good luck to them on that!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/project-giana/project-rav...

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

GuSolarFlare

now that I've thought about it. a kickstarter funded game depends on the funds it gets with the kickstarter so since it depends on a money source can it really be called indie?

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Captain_Toad

Insignificant Status: Funded http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/significant/insignificant
6 days left and the game is looking for a WiiU edition.
All it needs is...............16,000 dollars.....-ish.

Oh and from This game Concursion. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/puuba/concursion-a-retro-...
You be playing a plat-former.. no wait you'll be playing a shoot 'em up, no a Hack 'n slash, wait it's a top down maze game, nvm it's an Evasive Aerial Exploration... wait is this game glitched or something?

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

JamesFox

You guys have a grudge against any kickstarter campaign for games that are retro omages or something?

Edited on by JamesFox

JamesFox

Nintendo Network ID: RetroToonMaster | Twitter:

mamp

JamesFox wrote:

You guys have a grudge against any kickstarter campaign for games that are retro omages or something?

No but we're not just gonna hand out money to every campaign that makes retro omages in their games, not to mention it's something a lot of indie developers tend to do since they love the old nes/snes days.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

JamesFox

mamp wrote:

JamesFox wrote:

No but we're not just gonna hand out money to every campaign that makes retro omages in their games, not to mention it's something a lot of indie developers tend to do since they love the old nes/snes days.

BiT Evolution looks like a good game, don't shun it like y'all did to Life of Pixel

JamesFox

Nintendo Network ID: RetroToonMaster | Twitter:

unrandomsam

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Also, Project Ravensdale, from the creators of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, only has 28 hours left and is nowhere near it's goal! However, according to the developers, even if the Kickstarter campaign fails, they will not stop on trying to complete Ravensdale. So good luck to them on that!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/project-giana/project-rav...

For good reason. They have just had all the profits from a successful game.

There is no universe where they should be given any more.
(It is not like a hardware project that needs capital).

Giana Sisters controls are off completely so I doubt their ability to do a good run n gun either.
(30fps totally unacceptable).

(They say like Metal Slug but currently it looks nothing like it and the controls look like the default ones from XNA same as Giana Sisters.)

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

unrandomsam

For me to back a game it would have to be someone doing it as a piece of art at great cost to themselves.

For Shenmue to break even it would have needed to sell 2 copies for every Dreamcast worldwide.

I would probably have backed Retro City Rampage (Close to the end if what he said was true and I believed him).

I am glad I didn't back Cloudberry Kingdom as I would have felt completely betrayed.

Kickstarter is great for hardware projects that need such huge amounts of capital that they are not possible any other way.

I wish I backed the occulus rift but I didn't hear about it until recently.

I would back something like a retro console that loaded emulators into FPGA's for perfect accuracy emulation. (Expecially something that would have Saturn or Neo Geo games available on it that supported the original controllers).

If I had it now I would probably put a sizeable portion of my inheritance into a Kickstarter for a hoverboard with a reasonable chance of success. (£100,000 or something as long as I had some potential of some payback if it was a success). I would put less (£10000) but still quite a lot into one without that guarantee. If it was right now I would probably put £1000 in.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

MrWalkieTalkie

JamesFox wrote:

mamp wrote:

JamesFox wrote:

BiT Evolution looks like a good game, don't shun it like y'all did to Life of Pixel

Dude, what's your problem? Why do you keep blaming us over failed Kickstarter campaigns? You make it sound like we here at NintendoLife intentionally made "Life of Pixel" and any other campaigns fail.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

mamp

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

JamesFox wrote:

mamp wrote:

JamesFox wrote:

Dude, what's your problem? Why do you keep blaming us over failed Kickstarter campaigns? You make it sound like we here at NintendoLife intentionally made "Life of Pixel" and any other campaigns fail.

Unless @JamesFox is an indie developer who's trying to get us to fund his game O_O I mean why else would he be so passionate about this affair? LOL

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Reala

Fans of the Neo Geo pocket colour might want to check Pocket Rumble out, its trying to bring a fighter along the lines of the games on that system, seems to be pretty early in development so far, hope it does well.

Reala

Captain_Toad

Reala wrote:

Fans of the Neo Geo pocket colour might want to check Pocket Rumble out, its trying to bring a fighter along the lines of the games on that system, seems to be pretty early in development so far, hope it does well.

Heh, Well this seems pretty cool.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic