Forums

Topic: I've got a question about PS3, PSP, Xbox 360...

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

R-L-A-George

Can you transfer your downloaded data freelly, if you decide to upgrade or get a new one?

I'm just asking, the only current generation consoles I have are DSi and Wii, so I don't know much about the others right now. Except for the fact, I already love PS3. I play it with my friends.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

y2josh

There is a way to transfer data from one PS3 to another. I've never had to do it so I don't know how it's done. I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the net. Someone should drop in soon who knows how though, I seen the how to not long ago in the NL PS3 topic. I bought a new 360 arcade not long ago and my hard drive from my previous 360 snapped on to it. I have no idea about PSP.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Robster

PS3 details are connected to a PSN-account. So if you login with your PSN details on the PS3 you can re-download your paid for content and even put on your previous trophy information.
I recently installed a bigger harddisk in my PS3. The PS3 menu has a build-in option to make a backup of it's harddisk on a external drive so it's all very easy to reinstall your data on a new PS3! (you just have to make sure you name your data folders the right way on the external drive but Sony explains it on it's own PS website.

Robster

The_Fox

Also, with the Xbox 360 you can swap data from hard drive to another. It takes a special kit and deletes everything from the first hard drive as it's mostly intended to be used if you're upgrading the HD.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

R-L-A-George

Hmmmm....The thing about PSN, I wonder why Nintendo doesn't do that?

The excuse that NOA uses is, "its because of U.S. law" which is probably their excuse to be lazy.

R-L-A-George

LzWinky

Terms of use George. Terms of use

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

the_shpydar

The 360, you can also just swap hard drives and recover your gamertag through Live.
i'm only on 4th 360, but i've only had to pay for one, so it's all good

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

R-L-A-George

lz2010 wrote:

Terms of use George. Terms of use

I know.

I hope you knew what I meant, I meant. You know, when you shop data is deleted from your previous system, all you have to do is log in to CN, but thats not real, unless CN realizes that most consumers are not upgrading because of the "Agreement". (thats unefortunite, Club Nintendo, Cartoon Network = CN, LOL, kind of bugs me a bit that I noticed that.)

R-L-A-George

y2josh

I was thinking cartoon network until you clarified.

y2josh

Useless_Account

I've already done that with my cousins' accounts and got all their games, like $20 worth of stuff so it was cool. They didnt get my games yet but they're free to...

Useless_Account

Ravage

The+Fox wrote:

Also, with the Xbox 360 you can swap data from hard drive to another. It takes a special kit and deletes everything from the first hard drive as it's mostly intended to be used if you're upgrading the HD.

Or, you can grab a flash drive and transfer the data that way, it might take longer, but cheaper, assuming you already have the drive.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

sykotek

I'm on my second 360, you get one account transfer a year meaning you can transfer all downloadable content so that it is playable OFFLINE* also once per year, you need to go to xbox.com to do so. As for PS3, I've upgraded my hard drive and had to redownload all my content because I didn't have a portable hard drive enclosure, but your PSN account can be used on 5 different PS3s, no more, but you can deactivate a machine and it will give you the option of adding your account on another machine.

*I need to clarify because undoubtedly someone will say that you can just swap the hard drive or copy it over with a memory card or usb, etc. The method I'm mentioning is different.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

R-L-A-George

Thanks guys, I bet everybody wishes that Nintendo would think of everything, Nintendo could limit how many systems can be connected to one shop account or have a setup where you can recover the data on to another system if you decide to do trade-ins for the newest version or your favorite color just came out. There would be no haggling with Nintendo, unless your having issues.

Nintendo may have the upper hand in sales but if some find out about this, sales may decline?

I encourage all to write to Nintendo.

R-L-A-George

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.