Forums

Topic: Is there any reason to keep my Xbox 360?

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Mahe

I've been really disappointed in my Xbox 360 lately. There just aren't any interesting exclusive games. The Wii and DS are getting a ton of playtime, and even the PS3 is getting exclusives like Heavy Rain and 3D Dot Game Heroes. Should I just sell my 360? I haven't really touched it in 6 months since the holiday releases dried out, and I'm not interested in the more recent games like Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake. I know E3 is coming but there probably won't be anything good for the 360 even then. Is there anything worth waiting for?

Mahe

RandomWiiPlayer

I would wait until E3, just in case, but if you're not satisfied with it, then get rid of it if you want.

I would never sell a current gen console (any, not just 360), because if a new game comes out that you want then you're gonna regret selling it, but it's your choice.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Lurch

being a wii owner i am a little jealous towards you lucky bearers of a 360. The reason for that is explained easily:

Earthworm Jim HD X)

Lurch

shingi_70

Are you a gamer who likes rpg beacuse the 360 has aot of exclusives.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

That_Guy_from_Faxana

There´s a new Contra coming up for XBLA & PSN! It´s developed by Arc System Works and looks great so far. That´s one thing to look forward to. http://xboxlivemedia.ign.com/xboxlive/image/article/109/10945...

If you´re into fighting games and already got SSFIV, than Marvel vs Capcom 3 and (hopefully much improved) KoF XIII are next. And you could always import a region free mushihimesama Futai if you like shooters. There are many reasons to keep the box.

That_Guy_from_Faxana

Mahe

I'm not looking for PS3/Xbox multiplats unless the PS3 version is really inferior, I'm looking for 360 exclusives and they're in a really sorry state right now.

Mahe

LordJumpMad

I guess your not a Fan of online play.

The 360 has the Best online gamng out there.
With games like Halo,SSF4,and Fable, you got to Love to have a 360.

Too bad my Bro Hog it all day, playing Left 4 Dead.......

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

SepticLemon

Here's a little bit of advise to anyone in this situation...

If you get rid of your 360, what happens if there's a game you really, REALLY like the look of, but turns out that it's a 360 exclusive...?

Your loss isn't it? IMO, even though you're disappointed with the 360, there'll be a game that will come out that will win your heart, trust me...

SepticLemon

Twitter:

Cia

I really can't think of any good reason why you should keep it. You'd propably better wait for E3 anyway and see what kind of games Microsoft are bringing out this time before making a decision.

Cia

CanisWolfred

Mahew wrote:

I'm not looking for PS3/Xbox multiplats unless the PS3 version is really inferior, I'm looking for 360 exclusives and they're in a really sorry state right now.

What are you looking for? as in, what are you interested in? Personally, I think that unless you're looking for something specific, you aren't looking hard enough if you can't find anything to play on the Xbox 360 for 6 whole months.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

I sold my 360 for the same reason you did. Been the happiest gamer ever since.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

JTC-Pingas

JumpMad wrote:

Too bad my Bro Hog it all day, playing Left 4 Dead.......

You can always get the PC version

JTC-Pingas

Mahe

Mickeymac wrote:

What are you looking for? as in, what are you interested in? Personally, I think that unless you're looking for something specific, you aren't looking hard enough if you can't find anything to play on the Xbox 360 for 6 whole months.

I like RPGs (Lost Odyssey was fantastic), tower defense like Plants vs. Zombies and FFCC: My Life as a Darklord, action games like Muramasa and No More Heroes 2, quirky and eccentric games like Tomena Sanner and WarioWare, retro games like Megaman 10 and Dark Void Zero, over the top stunt racing like the Excite series, "something different" games like Trauma Center, adventure games like Heavy Rain and big fantasy adventures like Okami, FFCC Crystal Bearers and Zelda. I don't play online much.

I don't think I've missed anything, I haven't been looking really hard but I read gaming news and reviews and nothing has really stuck out.

Mahe

SherlockHolmes

JumpMad wrote:

I guess your not a Fan of online play.

The 360 has the Best online gamng out there.
With games like Halo, SSF4,and Fable, you got to Love to have a 360.

Edited on by SherlockHolmes

Squadala! We're off!
3DS Friend Code: 3566-1684-2813
Xbox360 Gamertag:Thatreggaeguy
Add me and I'll add back!
Old Username: thelawyer

Aviator

Mickeymac wrote:

Nope, but I'd be willing to keep it for you.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Axoloth

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I would wait until E3, just in case, but if you're not satisfied with it, then get rid of it if you want.

I would never sell a current gen console (any, not just 360), because if a new game comes out that you want then you're gonna regret selling it, but it's your choice.

This.

Also, there's only three games exclusive for the 360 that interest me anyway (Perfect Dark Zero, Dead Rising and Alan Wake), and I can just buy those and play them on my brothers 360. So yeah, I get how you feel about the close to non-exsisting exclusives. Still wouldn't sell it though; Natal could turn out to be completely WILD for all we know.

Edited on by Axoloth

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

sykotek

@Mahew: As far as I know, most multi-platform games are superior on 360. It is the best for online play, but if you don't play online, I'd say the most sensible solution is the one already stated by a few others, to wait until after all announcements from E3 and if there's nothing you like, sell it/trade it in I guess. You're probably not going to get too much for it though, 360s are pretty common, everyone I know has at least one, some have multiple(all working).

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

toby_bob3

xbox360 is a great platform dont sell it new stuff is just around the corner as e3 is soon

i keep being blocked ?

Magi

I've felt the same way about my Wii lately. I'm still keeping it "just in case". I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Magi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.