Forums

Topic: Is Anyone An Xbox 360 Fanboy (Read My First Comment Before You Reply)

Posts 1 to 20 of 29

Supermarioman

What I mean by this is that are you one of those people that say that the only thing you need is Halo...or Gears..... Unfortunately three of my friends are like that, here they are:
Jonathan: PS3's and Wii's Suck, Xbox 360 Rules with Halo
Clellan and Austin: Asked is and Xbox 360 worth it just for Halo? Both: YES!
I now seem to hate these people!

Supermarioman

brooks83

Yes I am!

Just kidding, no way in hell am I a fanboy of any system really. I only own a Wii, but I can see reasons for owning a 360 and a PS3 as well. I'm guessing your three friends are under the age of 18.

brooks83

Supermarioman

brooks83 wrote:

Yes I am!

Just kidding, no way in hell am I a fanboy of any system really. I only own a Wii, but I can see reasons for owning a 360 and a PS3 as well. I'm guessing your three friends are under the age of 18.

Yes they are all 12... I'm 12, but I know better than to buy stuff that will probably fail before I get through a year. At least my best friend does know the quality of this generations games. Also I would like to have a 360 for a few games, but RROD and a lot of other thing keep me from even thinking about it for more than a second!

Supermarioman

BL_Donth

and you call them your 'friends'?
I have a 360 but I don't like Halo. The online is soo competitive and 50% of the people you meet online are a bunch of 8 year olds. Halo 3's campaign is too short.

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

Chrono_Cross

I love all systems. I am a Nintendo fanboy and proud though I really dislike the 360 and love the PS3.

Your friends are idiots and more than likely didn`t give Wii and PS3 a chance.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Supermarioman

Well my friend Austin has a Wii and enjoys it, but he still rambles about Halo every time I bring up Halo, yes I have played and enjoyed it some, but it is not god! But the others just plain hate anything that isn't Halo the GOD!

Supermarioman

Corbs

I love all my systems. If I only wanted one, I'd only own one.

Plain old gamer :)

Chrono_Cross

Tell them that the PS3`s Killzone 2 is hell of a lot better:
Longer offline campaign
better graphics
better graphics(way better!)
32 players online
...enough said?
Or even Resistance 2. Way better than Halo 3.
Halo(specifically Halo 3), is so overrated. I mean its to the point where it outta be a God SuperMarioMan, and just today on X-box urgh I mean X-Play, they were about Halo 3`s new maps and great their going to be and how AWESOME ODST is going to be and bleh! I turned it off.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

BL_Donth

Ricardo91 wrote:

Not exactly. I've always wanted to play Gears of War, but I've always hated Halo. A lot of people don't seem to realize that there's more to the 360 than just those 2 games.

@Supermarioman. Ugh, my friends are like that too. I suggest you get new ones.

We're his new friends now.
Actually anybody in Nintendolife is your friend. We're all friendly here.

K back on topic. I really like Gears of War but you don't see me saying 'Gears is God'. Microsoft's white box has other good games that deserves more credit than Gears and Halo like Bioshock, The Orange Box, Dead Space, and many more, you name it.

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

fudgenuts

I enjoy playing Halo with my friends when we are hanging out, but I don't play it all the time. I do own a Xbox 360, and I really like it, but I like Nintendo the most. Even with that said, I like all systems as they all have there good and bad qualities.

Leap before you think!
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/samsam12
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/fudgenuts64

Supermarioman

donth8theplaya69 wrote:

Ricardo91 wrote:

Not exactly. I've always wanted to play Gears of War, but I've always hated Halo. A lot of people don't seem to realize that there's more to the 360 than just those 2 games.

@Supermarioman. Ugh, my friends are like that too. I suggest you get new ones.

We're his new friends now.
Actually anybody in Nintendolife is your friend. We're all friendly here.

K back on topic. I really like Gears of War but you don't see me saying 'Gears is God'. Microsoft's white box has other good games that deserves more credit than Gears and Halo like Bioshock, The Orange Box, Dead Space, and many more, you name it.

Umm.. All of the games you mentioned are on the PS3...Just to point that out!

Supermarioman

odd69

My biggest question to the gaming community would be ," What is wrong exactly with being a fanboy"? If someone told me i was a fanboy should i take that as an insult or what??

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

the_shpydar

@odd69:
Depends, i think. People usually use "fanboy" as an insult, but i refer to myself as a fanboy all the time with resepct to things that i really love (like Ninty or Star Wars or C-level Marvel Comics characters), though i don't descend to the typical blind devotion and bashing of the competition for no good reason that is usally associated with so-called fanboyism.

I'm a Ninty fanboy, but i have a 360 and enjoy it greatly (though less and less beyond XBLA these days for some reason). I don't particularly care for Sony as a gaming company, but that's more because there's rarely been any exclusive PS games that i care about, and i can't say i'm a fan of how they do business with respect to gaming (PS2 being used to increase DVD market penetration in order to boost Sony's DVD-related sales; ditto with PS3/Blu-Ray). One of the main reasons i'm a Ninty "fanboy" is that i'm into video games, and Ninty is a game company first and foremost. Sony and MS have different philosophies, being companies with a much wider scope.

EDIT: browser wierdness infected my post!

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

TheJackOfHearts

Sounds like your friends are typical normal guys who just want to have fun with what games they have, though having the ideal of saying one or two games on a console is better then 99.99% of all the other games out there is illogical if you ask me. Personally I do enjoy playing Halo 3 online with my friends because I'd rather focus on having a fun time instead of being a mindless zombie complaining about how everyone else is cheating cause they're better then me. Gears of War and Halo 3 I like to play as well as the ten other 360 games in my collection.

Though am I a fanboy? No because I love to play a wide variety of games on multiple consoles not just one or two. I respect that there are people that enjoy a select few games but, what I'm trying to figure out is why do people can others fanboys and why are there so much console bashing. From what I've read online as well as hearing friends talk I think it's a mix of lack of funds to buy new games along with the fact people are never satisfied with video games in general.

TheJackOfHearts

TheJackOfHearts

Panda wrote:

If you post on this forum, you're kind of a Nintendo fanboy.

If I went by that that logic then I would be a Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft fanboy cause I post on forms dedicated to those companies .

TheJackOfHearts

Machu

Panda wrote:

If you post on this forum, you're kind of a Nintendo fanboy.

Nintendo Life forums are multi-platform dude, don't know if you've noticed, I did, then cried!!!

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Supermarioman

Well, if you enjoy Halo 3 nad Gears of War and other good games, thats fine! But I'm talking about those people who think Halo is god and gives absolutely no chance to any console that dosen't have HALO!

Supermarioman

The_Fox

Supermarioman wrote:

Well, if you enjoy Halo 3 nad Gears of War and other good games, thats fine! But I'm talking about those people who think Halo is god and gives absolutely no chance to any console that dosen't have HALO!

Who cares? Does it really matter so much what your friends like?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.