Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

981. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to get a Matte screen protector for the iPad? I've been looking around and haven't had much luck.

Just get some matte varnish (Tamiya makes some good stuff) and spray it on your screen. That should do it, and Tamiya's TS-80 is a really good matte - it will stop pretty much all reflections!

That sounds permanent, though, and I don't have steady hands.

Sorry, bad attempt at humour. It sounded funnier in my head...

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

982. Posted:

FF Dimensions is pretty neat. It's horribly underpolished but I'm having fun with it. :3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Bankai

983. Posted:

Is the free prologue available on the iPad, too?

Yep. Try before you buy :)

EDIT Again: Now I need recommendations on Styli. I thought they were all the same, but they're not, and some are very expensive...

I have one from Targus. Not a very expensive one, but it gets the job done fine for me.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Bankai

984. Posted:

FF Dimensions is pretty neat. It's horribly underpolished but I'm having fun with it. :3

Yeah, it's B-team development material. Square Enix probably gave it to a bunch of interns to put together, but at the same time, the combat and general story is very much like the classic FF games.

Which means it's a whole lot of nostalgic fun.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

985. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

EDIT Again: Now I need recommendations on Styli. I thought they were all the same, but they're not, and some are very expensive...

I have one from Targus. Not a very expensive one, but it gets the job done fine for me.

Nice, that one looks good, and it's on sale on Amazon right now - a little over $8 + free shipping! I'll most likely go with that one, thanks!

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

986. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to get a Matte screen protector for the iPad? I've been looking around and haven't had much luck.

Just get some matte varnish (Tamiya makes some good stuff) and spray it on your screen. That should do it, and Tamiya's TS-80 is a really good matte - it will stop pretty much all reflections!

That sounds permanent, though, and I don't have steady hands.

Sorry, bad attempt at humour. It sounded funnier in my head...

The funny thing is that it doesn't sound like a terrible idea if done right. :P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

987. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Nice, that one looks good, and it's on sale on Amazon right now - a little over $8 + free shipping! I'll most likely go with that one, thanks!

No sweat. Welcome to the world of iPad, BTW :)

What art applications are you going to be using? There's a lot of really good ones out there.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

988. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

No sweat. Welcome to the world of iPad, BTW :)

What art applications are you going to be using? There's a lot of really good ones out there.

I've been looking into art apps first and formost. That's why I need the matte screen protector (gives the screen texture) and a stylus (makes drawing easier). Then there's the Crunchyroll app for anime, the comics app, and I might look into something to help me learn Japanese, even if it's just a phrase book or something like that. I'll also be trying a few games, of course.

Anybody know of a good Manga App?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

989. Posted:

Do you care if the Manga app is official, or can translated?

God knows why, but Viz still doesn't have an app (in Australia at least) but for fan translations, Manga Rock is decent.

Crunchyroll is awesome, seriously awesome. For art apps, I suggest Sketch Club - it has a really friendly community, one of the best I've ever come across on the Internet, and it's a fine art app besides.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

990. Posted:

There is a Viz Manga app in the US, actually. I'm not too keen on most of their stuff, but I'll give it a shot. Also checked out Manha Rock, but that doesn't seem very good - the first two apps are broken, and the third app has both a paid version and a free version. I don't like the idea of giving money to pirates, nor do I want a gimped free version, so I think I'll pass on that. I did find one on my own that seems cool, though, called Manga Storm. It sounds really cool from the description, we'll see if it turns out as cool as it looks.

EDIT: So yeah, Manga Storm sucked hard. Not using that again. It crashed on me twice and it had zillions of titles, but was missing all the ones I actually wanted to read. What the hell?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

991. Posted:

If you're looking for an art app, I believe there is a Colors! app (although if you already have Colors! 3D, I don't know if it offers significant differences).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

992. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Now I need recommendations on Styli. I thought they were all the same, but they're not, and some are very expensive...

My sister got the Wacom Bamboo for my daughter since she likes drawing and uses the iPad for that as well as her usual pen-and-paper. It costs more, but it's quality. I use the associated Bamboo Paper app in meetings to take notes and I'll likely get another one for myself.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Bankai

993. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

If you're looking for an art app, I believe there is a Colors! app (although if you already have Colors! 3D, I don't know if it offers significant differences).

iPhone only, and as good as the app is on 3DS, there are better art apps on iDevices.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

994. Posted:

The one I got for my daughter is called "Drawing Pad" - pretty good, but definitely aimed at kids.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

RR529

995. Posted:

I was browsing Famitsu's website, and it seems Capcom is bringing the big guns to iOS at this year's TGS.

• Monster Hunter: Massive Hunting
  • Rockman Xover
  • Biohazard VS
  • Street Fighter X Tekken Mobile

I love my 3DS, but stories like this are tempting me to iOS (unfortunately, I can't afford a new device right now).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

996. Posted:

Is anyone gonna watch the Apple press conference?

If so, does anyone have a good stream?

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Gretski

997. Posted:

Run Roo Run is free for a limited time in the app store. It's made by the people who made Scribblenauts and it's totally awesome.

Currently playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star and Adventure Time HIKWYSOG
My username is a nickname derived from my actual name, Greta

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

AuthorMessage

moomoo

998. Posted:

Well this is weird... The ipod 5 got announced, but no Ipad mini.
Regardless, it looks like I know what I'll be getting this Christmas. I'm in dire need of an upgrade.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Bankai

999. Posted:

Well this is weird... The ipod 5 got announced, but no Ipad mini.

I'm not that surprised. Steve Jobs hated that mid-size form factor. I can't imagine Job's culture could have disappeared from the company he dominated that quickly.

We'll see the iPad mini about the same time as the Apple game controller.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,000. Posted:

Eh, I don't know. Considering how strong the rumors were, and how it could make some pretty good money, it confuses me a little bit.
Still, the iPod 5 is running on the 4S processor, so I guess it'll still run Apple a strong profit.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14