Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,099

Sean_Aaron

The one I got for my daughter is called "Drawing Pad" - pretty good, but definitely aimed at kids.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

RR529

I was browsing Famitsu's website, and it seems Capcom is bringing the big guns to iOS at this year's TGS.

• Monster Hunter: Massive Hunting
  • Rockman Xover
  • Biohazard VS
  • Street Fighter X Tekken Mobile

I love my 3DS, but stories like this are tempting me to iOS (unfortunately, I can't afford a new device right now).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

19Robb92

Is anyone gonna watch the Apple press conference?

If so, does anyone have a good stream?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Gretski

Run Roo Run is free for a limited time in the app store. It's made by the people who made Scribblenauts and it's totally awesome.

Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

moomoo

Well this is weird... The ipod 5 got announced, but no Ipad mini.
Regardless, it looks like I know what I'll be getting this Christmas. I'm in dire need of an upgrade.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Bankai

Well this is weird... The ipod 5 got announced, but no Ipad mini.

I'm not that surprised. Steve Jobs hated that mid-size form factor. I can't imagine Job's culture could have disappeared from the company he dominated that quickly.

We'll see the iPad mini about the same time as the Apple game controller.

moomoo

Eh, I don't know. Considering how strong the rumors were, and how it could make some pretty good money, it confuses me a little bit.
Still, the iPod 5 is running on the 4S processor, so I guess it'll still run Apple a strong profit.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

retired_account

Um... you guys haven't seen the bazillion million reports/rumors that it'll be announced at a separate event in October? And yes, these originated long before the September event actually happened. I've read the plan is supposed to be to announce the Mini along with iMac and/or Mac Pro refreshes.

Announcing everything at a single event would've been too much.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

Well the point is to compete with the Nexus 7 and Fire, right? With the Apple brand-name the lowest I'd expect is a 16GB wifi model at $249, and maybe a 32GB model for $299-349.

I don't think the existence of the Touch matters that much, honestly. They'll have different advantages with about the same specs, so it just ends up being another option. I can't justify $299 for a Touch but I'd pay that for an iPad Mini, and I seriously doubt I'm the only person out there who's in the same position.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Adam

I have a hand me down iPad for my turn-based online gaming fix until my favorite games come to Android. I'm mostly playing Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer and Summoner Wars, both adaptations of popular card / board games. Picked up Ticket to Ride (Pocket) recently, too, since it was free.

I also have Tikal (euro style strategy game with a jungle ruins exploration theme), Nightfall (decent deckbuilding game), and Hero Academy, though Summoner Wars has mostly replaced this. Still pretty good.

I'm Adam_Palma on Game Center if anyone wants to play. Might have posted this before back when I was borrowing a pad and just playing Hero Academy, but I forget. If anyone is looking for a good asymmetrical faction-based strategy game, both Hero Academy and Summoner Wars are free to try, Academy even letting you play online free.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

@Adam I just added you up. I've got Ticket to Ride as well.

My Gamecenter tag is: Slapshot82 if anyone want to give me an add as well.

I can't recommend Dragon Fantasy enough to you guys! It's an amazing new-age old-school 8-bit RPG and it's just brilliant. Kinda has a dose of Earthbound thrown into it too.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

Kind of hard not to download it after that recommendation.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

Adam wrote:

Kind of hard not to download it after that recommendation.

You'll love it! Not only is it a great game, but it also has some of the best (if not the best) controls for the genre on iOS platforms. I've dumped about 8 hours into now and I find myself playing it every chance I get.

Mieu-Fire

i have a iphone4s i do play games but i text my friends alot more then anything

MANGO

Slapshot

Terry Cavanagh shot me a review code for Super Hexagon. Good night is it flippin' hard, but man is it fun!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.