Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 961 to 980 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

961. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

So, uh, that little game called "Bastion" is apparently on the iPad now.

Another game for the console purists to pretend doesn't exist when they say the iPad has no good games ;)

Really? Well thats awesome, i own it on steam (and dont own an ipad) so i wont be getting it, but im glad to hear this. Its a great game more people should play.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

edhe

962. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

Another game for the console purists to pretend doesn't exist when they say the iPad has no good games ;)

Still a port though.

One thing regarding those Phoenix Wright ports I forgot to mention was they're actually remaking the graphics.Untitled

So while the new game will be a bit cheaper than DS versions and easier to get hold of, the graphics are as ugly as sin if you prefer the pixel art of the originals. And, OH!, that font - just like Final Fantasy Dimensions, the font makes it look like a flash game.

Nethertheless, I never got round to buying the DS games, and when I bought the first one on my iPod, I enjoyed it, so I may consider getting these ones too - it just depends on whether I would be happy to forego the original art style and buy it for less as a download.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

963. Posted:

edhe wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Still a port though.

One thing regarding those Phoenix Wright ports I forgot to mention was they're actually remaking the graphics.Untitled

So while the new game will be a bit cheaper than DS versions and easier to get hold of, the graphics are as ugly as sin if you prefer the pixel art of the originals.

So it's ugly if you have no taste in art? Good to know.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

964. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

What about the PC master race? :P

That's cool, though - I haven't played much of Bastion yet but I absolutely love the art, and the way that the levels form up as you explore. The narration is a neat idea, too, although I can imagine it might start to grate if the narrator keeps repeating himself.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

edhe

965. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

edhe wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Still a port though.

So while the new game will be a bit cheaper than DS versions and easier to get hold of, the graphics are as ugly as sin if you prefer the pixel art of the originals.

So it's ugly if you have no taste in art? Good to know.

edhe wrote:

...if you prefer the pixel art of the originals.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

966. Posted:

And the pixel art of the originals were ugly as sin, where as this looks pretty good. I'll never understand how people can stand the blockyness of pixel art over something that actually looks clean and natural.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pixelman

967. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

And the pixel art of the originals were ugly as sin

Who has no taste in art now? >;[

Anyway, the Kindle Fire 2 is definitely about to be announced. It's "sold out" on Amazon, and there's an Amazon event coming up really soon.

Also, looks like the iPad Mini is actually going to be called that, but I've read it might not be announced until October in order to not take away from the iPhone 5's spotlight. I'm reeeeally hoping for at least a 16GB model in the $249-299 range. I'm dying to upgrade from my iPad 1.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

968. Posted:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/30/3280005/this-is-the-new-ama...

Hopefully it's as lame as it looks so I can just go ahead an get a Nexus 7 already.

Not too interested in the iPad Mini, but it'll be a nice option to have, in any case.

Edit: More evidence... http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/30/3280859/amazon-new-kindle-f...

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

969. Posted:

I'm still not convinced the iPad Mini exists, but it would be nice if it came out in October so I could get the iPad 3 for $100 off, or maybe even more during Black Friday.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

970. Posted:

I don't know about that, since it's not like the iPad Mini will replace the iPad 3 in any way, shape, or form. It'll just be an alternative, so I wouldn't expect the usual discounts that appear whenever there's a newer model announced. Then again, I know nothing about how this stuff works, so feel free to ignore me.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

971. Posted:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

Then again, I know nothing about how this stuff works, so feel free to ignore me.

You're doing it wrong. You're on a forum - everything you say is 100% correct and everybody has to agree!

:P

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

972. Posted:

Oh, right. If you don't agree with me, Mickeymac, then your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.
p.s. wheels, have you received your copy of DToL yet? I'm thinking we should revive the Kickstarter thread!

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Bankai

973. Posted:

Bastion is utterly essential for anyone with an iPad. The perfect portable game.

Bastion, The World Ends With You, Horn. The iPad has had a hell of a couple of weeks for gaming.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

974. Posted:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

p.s. wheels, have you received your copy of DToL yet? I'm thinking we should revive the Kickstarter thread!

No not yet, though I was hoping it might arrive today. I think they're being posted from California and I'm in PA, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Saturday. I was going to post about it in that thread as soon as I got it! :P

how about you?

AuthorMessage

Bankai

975. Posted:

Final Fantasy Dimensions is now on iPad too. Horn, TWEWY, Bastion and now FF Dimensions... Apple's gaming platform has just had a hella two weeks.

Get them all if you like games.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Gretski

976. Posted:

Bastion was just released, and it is FREAKING AMAZING! Get it if you don't have it already!

Currently playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star and Adventure Time HIKWYSOG
My username is a nickname derived from my actual name, Greta

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

977. Posted:

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to get a Matte screen protector for the iPad? I've been looking around and haven't had much luck.

OlympicCho wrote:

Final Fantasy Dimensions is now on iPad too. Horn, TWEWY, Bastion and now FF Dimensions... Apple's gaming platform has just had a hella two weeks.

Get them all if you like games.

Is the free prologue available on the iPad, too?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

978. Posted:

edhe wrote:

Good news for Phoenix Wright fans - Ace Attorney, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations are coming to iOS in Autumn.

Furthermore, you'll be able to download an app to group all the games together into one executable (although, presumably, not the Phoenix Wright game that is currently available).

[Destructoid]

Great, and right after I bought Phoenix Wright used, too. Oh well, at least now I can get the other two cheap. How does Apollo Justice compare to the first three? I played a demo of that and got bored very quickly...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

979. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to get a Matte screen protector for the iPad? I've been looking around and haven't had much luck.

Just get some matte varnish (Tamiya makes some good stuff) and spray it on your screen. That should do it, and Tamiya's TS-80 is a really good matte - it will stop pretty much all reflections!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

980. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Just get some matte varnish (Tamiya makes some good stuff) and spray it on your screen. That should do it, and Tamiya's TS-80 is a really good matte - it will stop pretty much all reflections!

That sounds permanent, though, and I don't have steady hands.

EDIT: I didn't see this when I last looked: http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Anti-Glare-Generation-Verizon...

Might try that, assuming the one who's selling it for $6 is trustworthy...

EDIT Again: Now I need recommendations on Styli. I thought they were all the same, but they're not, and some are very expensive...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~