Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 761 to 780 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

melvin2898

761. Posted:

Hi. I think I might have a big problem here. I recently updated to iOS 5. My cable was broken so I hadn't plugged it up to the PC for a while. Apparently my backup data was corrupted. It was sent to some sort of vault. I went through with the iOS 5 update. I put all my apps on there. I tried to play Angry Birds. I'm on level 1...I was on the latest world(World 6 I think?) before the iOS 5 update. GameCenter still recognizes that I got that far but the game doesn't. None of my games are right. All save data is gone. Is there a way to access my previous backup? This is a very depressing matter. Please help to the best of your ability
It was syncing and everything was good. It stopped and then my virus program pops up. I think it never finished syncing. Most of my apps still have their data but ones like Angry Birds, Angry Birds Season, Angry Birds Rio, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Boss!, Zenonia, Wild Froniter(one game file was restored), Tap The Frog, Falling Fred, Ready Action(some games were still completed as they were before updating to iOS 5), League of Evil, Mos Speedrun, Alpha Swarm, Storm in a Teacup, Siege Hero, 1000 Heroz, Mighty Fin and Jump Out. Sorry for listing all the games. I thought it could help. I looked in the vault. It says Virus Found Script/ Exploit. I also haven't plugged up to the PC often. My cords are broken/don't work. I was using a family member's cord. iTunes said the the backup was corrupted. Can we fix this? I really don't want to play these over.

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter: Melvin2898

AuthorMessage

pixelman

762. Posted:

If all your previous backups are corrupted, then I'm pretty sure it's irrecoverable. You should definitely contact Apple for support though.

Anyway, I'm seriously addicted to Zombieville USA 2 and Modern Combat 3 right now. I can't recommend them enough. <3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

melvin2898

763. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

If all your previous backups are corrupted, then I'm pretty sure it's irrecoverable. You should definitely contact Apple for support though.

Anyway, I'm seriously addicted to Zombieville USA 2 and Modern Combat 3 right now. I can't recommend them enough. <3

I think Apple makes you pay for calls to them.

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter: Melvin2898

AuthorMessage

pixelman

764. Posted:

melvin2898 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I think they've got a support forum too.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Bankai

765. Posted:

melvin2898 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

So is fixing your problem worth a couple of dollars or not?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

766. Posted:

Thought I'd let you guys know that Minecraft Pocket Edition is now available in the app store. It's still in alpha and currently only features "Creative Mode" which is like the old Minecraft alpha. @ $6.99 it may be better to wait until Pocket Edition is updated with some more content, but it's still a newsworthy release!

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

pixelman

767. Posted:

I'm waiting for a price drop or survival mode... whichever comes first! :D

Also The Oregon Trail: American Settlers and Battle Nations are out + free, and they're both definitely worth checking out.

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

768. Posted:

@pixelman
I guess people have already opened the Minecraft Pocket Edition code, and there is already code in the alpha for axe's/pickaxe's/workbenches/etc, so survival and the true shade of Minecraft are surely on the way!

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

pixelman

769. Posted:

Yep, I heard they were planning on adding it. I don't see any point in paying full price for it yet though! It's bound to go on sale sometime soon.

Anywho, I've got over 20 hours logged on Modern Combat 3's multiplayer. I had a 61 kills / 12 deaths match last night... it was awesome, haha. I highly recommend it — it's definitely the best FPS on the app store. I'm NL_pixelman on Gameloft live if anyone's playing it.

Also, check out Battle Nations. It starts slow, but picks up after a couple days.

AuthorMessage

Swiket

770. Posted:

I regret updating to iOS 5 on my iPod Touch 4th gen. It's become a bit laggy and I'm not really a fan of all the features.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

pixelman

771. Posted:

Really? I haven't had any issues with my iPad 1.

IGN gave Infinity Blade II a 10, interestingly. They've pretty much given out more tens this year than all the other years combined, haha.

AuthorMessage

Magi

772. Posted:

I've just seen an article over at Kotaku that talks about the release of Bards Tale on the iOS platform. Oh how I loved and loved the original Bard's Tale games and while the style of this PS2 port (I think?) doesn't look or play anything like them, I still think it looks intriguing. Over 1.3GB download too iirc.

Games like this are slowly eroding my reluctance to own an iOS device.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

pixelman

773. Posted:

Oh wow. I was just looking up that game on YouTube a couple days ago, haha.

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

Bankai

774. Posted:

I do hope everyone with iPads has Bards Tale :D

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

775. Posted:

I'm so flipping addicted to Game Dev Story and Tiny Tower! :D

Also, League of Evil is a great Super Meat Boy clone that works great on the iPhone's touchscreen. It's got a ton of levels too!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

sykotek

776. Posted:

@Slapshot: All of Kairosoft's games are fun. If only they came out with a compilation on 3DS/DS, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat just so I wouldn't need to waste the battery on my Android phone or iPod.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

777. Posted:

For Tower Defence fans, there's a good one called Defenders of Ardania that's hit the App Store.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

778. Posted:

Pleasantly surprised with Six Guns. I was sure it'd be junk after playing Brothers In Arms 2 Free+... but it's actually quite fun. Controls are a bit clunky though.

Played IB2 yet Waltz?

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

779. Posted:

Bought Minecraft and Toki Tori in the android sale. Both are great.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Link245

780. Posted:

I was thinking about buying Shadowgun because it looked like Gears of War on the go. Is it anything like Gears?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer