With $30, what games should I buy when I get my new iPod? I'm interested in

• Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  • Infinity Blade
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Assassin's Creed: Altäir's Chronicles
  • Batman: Arkham City Lockdown
    I obviously can't get all of these, so which combination of these games should I get that doesn't go over $30?

Um, get Infinity Blade II over the first one. It's only a buck more. Batman looks neat but you should hold off on that one until you're done with Infinity Blade since they have fairly similar gameplay. Jetpack Joyride is awesome. I've heard FFTactics is an awful port, so you'll want to do some research on it first — I'd get Chrono Trigger over that.

This isn't on your list, but Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation is probably my favorite iOS game. I've put over 30 hours into its online mode.

That's like, 7 + 7 + 10 + 1 = 25, so throw in tax and you've got enough for another 1.99 or maybe 2.99 game. Save it for when something goes on sale. :3

I think I'll go with what you said, but I think I'll play Infinty Blade 1 first. I guess I could buy maybe a $5 or under game too. How is Assassin's Creed: Altäir's Chronicles? I know it's not an open world game like the console Assassin's Creed, but is it still a fun portable game?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

retired_account

Link245 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Link245 wrote:

With $30, what games should I buy when I get my new iPod? I'm interested in

• Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  • Infinity Blade
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Assassin's Creed: Altäir's Chronicles
    I obviously can't get all of these, so which combination of these games should I get that doesn't go over $30?

Um, get Infinity Blade II over the first one. It's only a buck more. Batman looks neat but you should hold off on that one until you're done with Infinity Blade since they have fairly similar gameplay. Jetpack Joyride is awesome. I've heard FFTactics is an awful port, so you'll want to do some research on it first — I'd get Chrono Trigger over that.

This isn't on your list, but Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation is probably my favorite iOS game. I've put over 30 hours into its online mode.

That's like, 7 + 7 + 10 + 1 = 25, so throw in tax and you've got enough for another 1.99 or maybe 2.99 game. Save it for when something goes on sale. :3

I think I'll go with what you said, but I think I'll play Infinty Blade 1 first. I guess I could buy maybe a $5 or under game too. How is Assassin's Creed: Altäir's Chronicles? I know it's not an open world game like the console Assassin's Creed, but is it still a fun portable game?

IB2 is supposed to be a million times bigger and better, but hey, your call.

Haven't played AC: AC, but it goes on sale for 99 cents a lot (it was a week ago iirc). Most Gameloft games you're better off waiting for a sale instead of buying at full price — I've been burned so many times due to my lack of patience, haha. The rare exception would be MC3, which is absolutely worth the $7 they're charging for it.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Link245

I'm thinking about getting a Droid Incredible 2 instead of an iPod because I want a cheaper smartphone. I know Square is making a port of Chrono Trigger for Android. Will it play on this model?

Currently Playing:

Bankai

If you want to use your device for gaming, you should stick to a iPhone. Reason being that the iPhone gets the games first, gets more games, and there's none of the compatibility problems that Android devices often run into.

You get what you pay for. Android is cheaper for a reason.

shingi_70

YellowChocobo wrote:

If you want to use your device for gaming, you should stick to a iPhone. Reason being that the iPhone gets the games first, gets more games, and there's none of the compatibility problems that Android devices often run into.

You get what you pay for. Android is cheaper for a reason.

The devices market the same. The reason also could be attributed to Android being open source. But yeah if all your doing is play games and your not attached to any google services than ios is the way to go.

I really want to play sword and sorcery.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Link245

Sorry, I meant Droid Incredible 1. Will the software be able to play Chrono Trigger?

Currently Playing:

Link245

I've decided to stick to iPod so I don't have to have for games. Anyways, I've revised my list of games I'm getting. I heard Sonic CD is coming to iOS. It's the only Genesis Sonic game I haven't played, so I have to play it,and to do that I'm cutting out some other games. Anyways, here's the list:

• Chrono Trigger
  • Infinity Blade
  • Sonic CD

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:

Bankai

Terra wrote:

Posting this off my phone so I can't link the trailer but it seems that WiiWare classic LostWinds is heading to the iOS. Nothing's been said about the sequel but if this goes well, I imagine it'd only be a matter of time

http://m.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/dec/13/lost...

Well, NyxQuest and Max and the Magic Marker both work really well on iPad, so I'm not surprised on this.

WiiWare was such an underperforming platform it's forcing these devs to release their games on iOS to get the sales the games deserve.

retired_account

There was a nice Civ Rev update today. Makes it look a bit prettier and it seems to be running more stably. They still need to make the battles pretty though.

retired_account

Link245

Ok, is Final Fantasy Tactics anything like Fire Emblem? I am absolutely LOVING that game.

Currently Playing:

Odnetnin

So I got my Christmas present early, a Kindle Fire, and I'd like some app recommendations if you guys have any. I realize that the Android Market pales in comparison iOS and Amazon's app store contains only a sliver of the Android selection (I got this thing for Onlive whenever that comes out and the other kinds of media it's designed for, not for a great app selection), but I'm still interested in mobile gaming, so hit me up with your lists if you don't mind. Thanks.
painstakingly typed with my kindle fire's v-board

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Link245

I'm getting an Xperia Play, which means I'll have an Android phone. I guess I'll get Arkham City Lockdown and Infinity Blade on iPad. Anyways, for the Xperia Play/Android Market, I plan on getting:

• Sonic CD
  • Wipeout
  • Chrono Trigger (when it comes out)
    I know that's not a lot, but I'll have the preinstalled games as well. Are their any other games I should get?

Currently Playing:

shingi_70

Link245 wrote:

I'm getting an Xperia Play, which means I'll have an Android phone. I guess I'll get Arkham City Lockdown and Infinity Blade on iPad. Anyways, for the Xperia Play/Android Market, I plan on getting:

• Sonic CD
  • Wipeout
    I know that's not a lot, but I'll have the preinstalled games as well. Are their any other games I should get?

What carrier are you on?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Link245

shingi_70 wrote:

Link245 wrote:

• Sonic CD
  • Wipeout

What carrier are you on?

Verizon.

Currently Playing:

shingi_70

Link245 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Link245 wrote:

• Sonic CD
  • Wipeout

What carrier are you on?

Verizon.

Oh dear god get the Galaxy Nexus.

Its the best phone on the market right now? (iphone and Lumia 800 close behind)

WAT!

Link245

I'm getting the Xperia no matter what. What are some good RPG's on the phone that would hold me over until Chrono Trigger is released?

Currently Playing:

shingi_70

Link245 wrote:

I'm getting the Xperia no matter what. What are some good RPG's on the phone that would hold me over until Chrono Trigger is released?

eh okay (would be better to future proof with the Best Hardware on the market and a phone that's guarrented to get updates. Plus LTE)

Eve of Genesis
Symphony of Eternity
Zenonia
Zenonia 2
Order and Chaos Online
Pocket Legends
BattleHeart

WAT!

shingi_70

Oddy wrote:

@shingi As a fellow Fire owner, found any good apps on Amazon's store?

The List Of apps I use on Kindle Fire
Comics
Pulse
quickoffice
Feedly
Evernote
Kindle
Amazon instant Video

Games
Asphalt 6
Zenonia 2
Plants vs Zombies
PewPew 2
Let's Golf 3
Order and Chaos online (on sale for $.99)
Words with friends

WAT!

Link245

@Oddy I don't have a Kindle Fire, but here are some links that might be helpful in looking for great apps:

http://www.squidoo.com/kindle-fire-apps-list
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-kindle-fire-apps/
http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story/288380/the-best-kindle-f...
http://www.pcworld.com/article/244152/top_14_kindle_fire_android_apps.html

Currently Playing:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.