Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,099

ASDFGHJKL

TokyoRed wrote:

GabeGreens wrote:

I doubt they would bring a different presentation when it is the same one used in the console versions. And by the way, the original's sprites were actually all photos of actual players. Unlike now were only the heads are photos. So technically, aside the 16 bit pixelation, it was even more photorealistic back then.

Oh, okay, I never knew that GabeGreens. I thought they were cartoons lol. Thanks for enlightening me.

Your welcome, young disciple.Now if you excuse me, I must teach the others the way to their destiny. (lol, enlightening is a bit of a strong term )

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

GabeGreens wrote:

pixelman wrote:

EA's really turning on the App Store support. Dead Space was insanely well-received, and NBA Jam too? Damn. Sadly it looks like they went over the top on the in-app purchases. The game's 5 bucks and they charge extra for each division plus extras. Looks like it'll amount to a $30-40 purchase if you get everything. :/

I read about that. Don't worry, found out that everything that can be bought can be unlocked without buying. Buying is just an optional shortcut.

Ohh okay. So it's like Dead Space. Well that's cool then. :3

retired_account

EvilRegal

Billy and Jimmy Lee making a comeback on App Store in March! Glad to see the return of Double Dragon, when the franchise has pretty much been in limbo for a while! First link, story. Second link, pics. Bring on the green Abobo!!!

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/114/1149199p1.html
http://media.wireless.ign.com/media/100/100204/imgs_1.html

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

CanisWolfred

I'm really glad Dead Space turned out to be such a successful franchise. It really deserves it, since the first game was so good, and it looks as if the rest are also very good, if not better. With that said, Dead Space is just too scary for me!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SwerdMurd

Anyone have any idea why Apple decided to disable my account ID "for security reasons"? In true Apple form, the online reset form doesn't work and they refuse to offer customer support without spending several hundred dollars on Applecare...which seems kind of ridiculous given that I got screwed for no reason in the first place.

Has anyone else ever run into this problem? I tried to update a game, and it wouldn't let me citing this account ID reset nonsense...Naturally, the one free support person I spoke with was almost hilariously clueless when she wasn't trying to sell me a Mac. Most of the Apple forums are a combination of angry users and die-hard Apple fans that refuse to admit Apple's ever done anything wrong...naturally nothing ever happens.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

retired_account

Wow that sucks man. :/ Yeah I've never heard of that before. Did you jailbreak something or something?

retired_account

RoyalBlur

I wonder if we'll ever see a Pirates of the Caribbean game on the iPod Touch and iPad?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

retired_account

TokyoRed wrote:

I wonder if we'll ever see a Pirates of the Caribbean game on the iPod Touch and iPad?

lol you really like your PotC don't you? Wouldn't be surprised at all seeing an App Store game for On Stranger Tides. They did 'em for Tron and Toy Story 3.

retired_account

Corbs

Here's 10 iPhone games I consider must-haves:

• Doodle Jump
  • League of Evil
  • Angry Birds
  • Cut the Rope
  • Dodonpachi Resurrection
  • Labyrinth 2
  • One Button Bob
  • Soosiz
  • Squareball
  • Osmos

Plain old gamer :)

RoyalBlur

pixelman wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

lol you really like your PotC don't you? Wouldn't be surprised at all seeing an App Store game for On Stranger Tides. They did 'em for Tron and Toy Story 3.

They did but the game graphics were so pathetic that it wasn't worth buying. If the graphics are like those of Iron Man 2 in the app store then I'd buy POTC On Stranger Tides in a heart beat. I'd really like to see a Pirates of the Caribbean Tactics game similar to Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

SwerdMurd

@pix - never done anything even the slightest bit unsavory with it....now it's looking like i might have to just to retain functionality My voicemail's been broken since I got the phone and Apple was never able/willing to do anything about that either....I don't think Apple likes me very much.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

ASDFGHJKL

I picked up NBA Jam, and its very fun so far. Its plays pretty much the same as the Console version. It is just unfortunate that it is missing some features (online, remix modes). But it has enough unlockables to keep me satisfied (politicians!) . Not to metion its a fifth of the price of the console version as well. An awesome deal at the end of the day. And it also has great controls. If I ever get around getting my Wii fixed (which I doubt as I would rather purchase the 3DS with the money instead) I might consider getting this one to play with some friends, but for now the iPhone version is great and I am glad EA ported it over.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Swerd_Murd wrote:

@pix - never done anything even the slightest bit unsavory with it....now it's looking like i might have to just to retain functionality My voicemail's been broken since I got the phone and Apple was never able/willing to do anything about that either....I don't think Apple likes me very much.

Man that sucks dude. Hope you can get things sorted. :/

@Mickeymac: Hey, World of Goo and Shadow Guardian HD were 99 cents at the same time. That's over 12 bucks I could've saved. DEAD SPACE COULD BE MINE RIGHT NOW. DDD:

retired_account

retired_account

Words With Friends is my favorite app ever. It's a Scrabble knockoff, but the cool thing about it is you can have up to 20 games going at once. It's so, much, fun.

retired_account

Kingbuilder

Got a 4th Gen Ipod Touch. Downloaded Plants vs. Zombies and Angry Birds instantly. :3

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

retired_account

Canabalt. Get it, or you are shunned forever! >:3

retired_account

Kingbuilder

Maybe when I get more money... and all of the good games I could get start to die down. ;P

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.