Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,099

ASDFGHJKL

Space Miner Ore Bust: Get it now. This is probably the funnest game ive played in a while. Very polished with (which these days comes seldom) great writing. All it is is Asteroids 2 with RPG elements. But it sure is a lot of fun with lots of personality.

Papa Sangre: If you have a good pair of headphones, get his game. Its not only innovative in how it uses real time binaural sounds to create the game world, but very fun, creepy, and atmospheric. If played right (in the dark with headphones) this can be a great horror-survival experience. (although I didnt find it too scary myself, it did have some desperate moments). The atmosphere created by sound (which is of great quality) can be quite great at times. It takes a while to get used to the no graphics part to it, but this can be quite fun. To me it is past being gimmicky and is downright fun at times.

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

GabeGreens wrote:

Space Miner Ore Bust: Get it now. This is probably the funnest game ive played in a while. Very polished with (which these days comes seldom) great writing. All it is is Asteroids 2 with RPG elements. But it sure is a lot of fun with lots of personality.

Sounds like an old Dreamcast game I heard of, Armada.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

World of Goo is the best thing on iPad. If you have one, get it.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

pixelman wrote:

World of Goo is the best thing on iPad. If you have one, get it.

ASDFGHJKL

SuperMarioFan96

Updates for Angry Birds AND Angry birds Seasons have come out within the past few days. I'm happy

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Digiki

Capcom just joined the Valentines Sale madness. Imma get Street Fighter IV for a buck!

Also if anyone hasn't played Phoenix Wright in any form, they absolutely must get it now, at a dollar!

edhe

Speaking of Phoenix Wright, is there any news on the sequels showing up on the iOS?

As it stands, the one that is currently available is vastly better value for money (ignoring the sale) than the retail or even WiiWare.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

ASDFGHJKL

SF4 looks good, but I can live without it. Especially with the obviously superior 3DS version coming soon. But for the most part Capcom's app store presence is rather bad. Dead Rising Mobile was dreadful when I tried it a while back, and Devil May Cry 4 looks just as bad. But do get Phoenix Wright. Now that game is way to amazing to pass up on any platform!

Also, NBA Jam for iOS is coming out soon, which should be great for fans of the series. Although I would have liked to see some online multiplayer. (But then again, the Wii version doesn't even have that much.)

Edited on by ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

RoyalBlur

Here is what I'm currently playing on the iPod Touch

It's a great but difficult game and I'm looking to master it.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Digiki

GabeGreens wrote:

SF4 looks good, but I can live without it. Especially with the obviously superior 3DS version coming soon. But for the most part Capcom's app store presence is rather bad. Dead Rising Mobile was dreadful when I tried it a while back, and Devil May Cry 4 looks just as bad. But do get Phoenix Wright. Now that game is way to amazing to pass up on any platform!

I can agree with that. I'm glad to pick up SFIV for a dollar, as a university student a 3DS isn't a high priority for my money, (I could really use some race skis!) and even without considering that, I wouldn't be playing it enough to justify more than 40x the cost to get it on 3DS!
I can strongly agree with the poor Capcom app store presence, same deal with Sega unfortunately.

ASDFGHJKL

I can see your point there. I myself am not ready to dive in the 3DS wagon at launch.

Large devs should to look into the App Store more like EA or Epic games. The iPhone is a very capable device, and if you get enough hype you can make quite a bit with it. Haha, I guess the japanese are not getting into it too much.

Although SEGA isn't all too shabby. Some of their games are pretty good such as that port of Chu Chu Rocket, heck, Sonic 4 and Monkey Ball 2 were decent.

ASDFGHJKL

RoyalBlur

Well NBC Jam has come to the iPhone/iPod Touch!

http://gizmodo.com/#!5757272/nba-jam-for-iphone

Yet, I don't quite like the photorealistic presentation style.

I hope they'll go back to the classic NBA Jam cartoony style of the original games and release it in that art style on the Nintendo 3DS and Sony NGP.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

retired_account

EA's really turning on the App Store support. Dead Space was insanely well-received, and NBA Jam too? Damn. Sadly it looks like they went over the top on the in-app purchases. The game's 5 bucks and they charge extra for each division plus extras. Looks like it'll amount to a $30-40 purchase if you get everything. :/

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I doubt they would bring a different presentation when it is the same one used in the console versions. And by the way, the original's sprites were actually all photos of actual players. Unlike now were only the heads are photos. So technically, aside the 16 bit pixelation, it was even more photorealistic back then.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

pixelman wrote:

EA's really turning on the App Store support. Dead Space was insanely well-received, and NBA Jam too? Damn. Sadly it looks like they went over the top on the in-app purchases. The game's 5 bucks and they charge extra for each division plus extras. Looks like it'll amount to a $30-40 purchase if you get everything. :/

I read about that. Don't worry, found out that everything that can be bought can be unlocked without buying. Buying is just an optional shortcut.

ASDFGHJKL

RoyalBlur

GabeGreens wrote:

I doubt they would bring a different presentation when it is the same one used in the console versions. And by the way, the original's sprites were actually all photos of actual players. Unlike now were only the heads are photos. So technically, aside the 16 bit pixelation, it was even more photorealistic back then.

Oh, okay, I never knew that GabeGreens. I thought they were cartoons lol. Thanks for enlightening me.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.