Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,099

melvin2898

I've download a lot of apps but it seems that I don't have purchase history. Where do I find that? It's not on the account page.

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter:

retired_account

I got NOVA 2 and it's pretty cool. More impressions later. Thinking about buying Shadow Guardian and Chaos Rings.

retired_account

SuperMarioFan96

I got the new iTouch except it was the wrong one. Going to the store on Monday to exchange. In the meantime, I got TONS of iTunes Cards. Like, literally it might be enough to last me until next Christmas (maybe....), and that's combining apps and songs.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

retired_account

I took the plunge on Shadow Guardian. Hmmmmmmmm...

My biggest complaint so far is the framerate, which probably isn't an issue on a new iPhone/Touch. The gunplay combined with the cover mechanic is actually pretty fun, albeit easy. Unfortunately the whole jumping around cliffs and massive statues isn't very satisfying, and gets pretty monotonous after awhile. There's no danger when you're climbing either, since you can't fall, which takes away any excitement to be had. I'm still enjoying it for the gunplay, but it definitely could use a lot of work. I recommend waiting for a 99c sale. :3

As for NOVA 2... It's interesting. I like the campaign so far, and the turret driving level was really sweet, but it definitely seems like a step down from MC2, especially where multiplayer is concerned. People move too fast and it's really chaotic. There's not much strategy involved... Pretty much whoever has the best weapon will win, and noobs get mowed down REALLY fast. Kills aren't very satisfying either, as you don't get that KCHING sound effect and XP notice that you do in MC2. Also, there's no iron sight or crouching, which is a big disappointment for me.

retired_account

Fuzzy

Has anybody got Secret of Mana on the iPhone? Has there been anything added? As good as the game is, I don't really see the point in spending $12 on a port with iPhone controls (ie bad). But if it came on dsi, that would be a different story...

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

ASDFGHJKL

I know graphics and translation have been slightly updated. But thats all I can think of.

So pixie, should I go for NOVA 2 right away or should I wait for a sale/not get it?

I got some iTunes credit, will go on a spend fest tommorrow. Is anyone getting Dungeon Defenders? I really want to give it a try... I also want to get Real Racing 2 as well. Ill probably get all of the 1 dollar indie games. Good games for a good cause, I guess why not? I tried Solipskier and Canabalt online....they both are awesome, but I just love Solipskier. Its repetitiver, but very satisfying/

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

I'm kinda warming up to NOVA 2. It's definitely different from MC2, but it's still pretty fun. And I think if you wait for a sale, it'll be a LONG way away. I'd say go for it. It takes getting used to after 30-ish hours of MC2, for sure, but most of my gripes are mostly just from iPad version only issues.

I'm probably going to steer clear of Dungeon Defenders for now. The controls look bad and stuff. I'm trying to decide if I want to get Chaos Rings or Dungeon Hunter 2 right now, lol.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Yay! Finally hot all the achievements in Bit.Trip.BEAT! I love that game

I'm going to go on an app buying spree with all this iTunes credit. I'm thinking I might get NOVA2, but Idk.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Man, NOVA 2 is really getting kinda badass. The game's biggest issue is that the default assault rifle is a piece of sh*t. It deals hardly any damage and has insanely low ammo. I do a lot better using my twin pistols instead, haha. Once you get the next rifle online, the game starts getting a lot more fun.

So yeah, it's way more chaotic than MC2, but I like that it's not exactly the same game. It has issues but I'm definitely having a lot of fun with it now.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I just plunged into NOVA 2. It's very fun. It's very different from MC2, but it's very fun anyways. I haven't tried multiplayer though

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

I just had a weird glitch in multiplayer where it would randomly not let me aim. I freaked for a minute thinking it was my touch screen, but everything else seems fine, including offline in NOVA 2. Ah well, stuff like that happens. Lemme know when you want to play. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Aviator

Btw folks. Getting an iPad as a belated Christmas present, so yeah.

Recommendations I guess.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SuperMarioFan96

Is there a way for app developers to turn off "Try out ____ HD!" pop ups to people who don't have an iPad? I'm not buying it if I don't have an iPad.....

By the way Fruit Ninja told me that Fruit Ninja HD is a only $0.99 right now. I don't know how long that'll last but anyone with an iPad.... buy it!!!!!!!!!!

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

ASDFGHJKL

Wow, that match was rather intense Pixie

I really like NOVA 2. Its faster and more intense than MC2, and the multiplayer maps are way better. Overall, a keeper. And it looks great on retina display.

EDIT: I gotta head out pixie, my iPod is litterally burning my arm. I think it deserves a rest. Those matches were a blast, but they are working my processor to the extreme We gotta play later sometime.

Edited on by ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Aviator wrote:

Btw folks. Getting an iPad as a belated Christmas present, so yeah.

Recommendations I guess.

OMG YES. I got an iPad here, so I'll unload a million recommendations when you're ready. :3

@Gabe: OMG THAT WAS AWESOME. I actually won a couple matches too, hahaha. The framerate is pretty bad sometimes, but when the game runs smooth it's friggin amazing.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

It is freaking amazing! The iPod 4th gen doesnt have much framerate problems, but there were some latency issue.

Get NOVA 2. Sure, its a Halo ripoff, but its still pretty awesome. I prob. like this better than Halo, lol. Last time I tried playing with a friend, I could absolutely NOT use an anologue stick for aiming. AT ALL. Ironic thing is that I much preffer iPhone controls. Swiping to aim just seems more natural. And the optional auto-aim is great. Kudos to Gameloft for taking a huge franchise, streamlining it to a mobile device, and make it very awesome. The story sucks, and the lady who tells you what to do is insanely creepy. The sound is not that bad, and I like that you can play your own music and even select a playlist. Im not sure how it is on iPad, but on my Touch it looks freaking amazing. The textures are extremely sharp and well-made.

Overall, Im enjoying the sci-fi chaos and and fast pace of NOVA 2 way more than MC2. Its really awesome, no matter how much that woman creeps me out D:.

I can probably play some more in a little bit, but I really need to charge and rest my iPod.

ASDFGHJKL

SSBbrawler08

hey guys, do u guys have any suggestions for rpg games? i'm stuck between final fantasy and zenonia 2. if there are any other good ones, please let me know!

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

retired_account

"Swiping to aim just seems more natural." x1,000,000,000,000

I absolutely love Gameloft's FPS controls, though I think they're a bit more tight in Modern Combat 2. I do wish I had a shoulder button for firing at times, though, especially when I'm using a shotgun. D:

I still like Modern Combat 2 more. The campaign is more fun and the enemies seem more varied, and playing Capture the Flag on Avalanche is the most fun I've ever had in an online multiplayer video game. <3

retired_account

outrun2sp

Theres a new Turbographics emulator on iphone. Excellent.

Id recommend Pizza Boy as well.

F Zero GX fan forever

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.