Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,099

CanisWolfred

R-Type is tempting, but I hear there's problems with fine controls, which is ultra important for that game. Mass Effect Galaxy looks kinda good, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Mirror's Edge is okay. Thats about the only one I have from EA.

Anyone know about that Aralon game? I heard it was good. It looks like a huge WRPG. So it might be interesting to try if your into those games. Not to mention its universal. If it were to have a decent story, id probably try it.

I really want Real Racing 2 and NOVA 2....they both look like a lot of fun. Im very jealous of iPad owners, hope you enjoy your World of Goo . Im still pretty hooked to Infinity Blade though This game just wont get old. Puzzle Quest 2 seems very interesting as well. The App Store really is shaping up lately. Not to mention Epic finally released the non-commercial version of The Unreal Engine with iOS functionality so I cant wait to see what people make of it.

ASDFGHJKL

xAlias

What's a good free app for iPod?

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

CanisWolfred

Real Racing is too hard to get a handle on. I keep turning too much and crashing. Maybe with [ractice, but I doubt I'll put in the effort.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Is this the second or 1st one? I know there are assists you can set to help with steering/braking in the first one.

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

GabeGreens wrote:

Is this the second or 1st one? I know there are assists you can set to help with steering/braking in the first one.

The first. Brake assist just screws me up even more.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Thats wierd. I really never had problems with the steering. But I guess thats just me.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Just don't go too fast, lol. Use those brakes. :3

@Gabe: The GameCenter leader boards got cleaned up. Max levels are now at 40, the gold scores look much more realistic, and it looks like the kill limit has been set to 10,000. Also, I'm currently at the #1 spot on the level leaderboard. We'll see how long that lasts, lol.

I'm on Bloodline 19 now. I still need to get that damn "It's own reward" achievement. I hate it so much. >:[

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Lol, I somehow already got that one! I still dont know how to "find all world treasures in a play through though. That one is confusing me.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Oh wait that's the one I meant. "waste not want not"

I've tried to get it over the past ten bloodlines, but I can't. It's sadistically hard. They hide some treasures in incredibly obscure places, and sometimes you only have a few seconds to tap it.

FYI it includes everything, including treasure chests, sacks of gold, and potions.

retired_account

retired_account

I just have that silly Waste Not Want Not achievement left, and then I've done everything possible in this game. >:3

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Im still saving up for the Infinity Blade :/

Just found out that this new Tower Defense/Action RPG is also running the Unreal Engine. Although not nearly as good looking as I would think, the game itself looks very interesting.

Besides NOVA 2 and RR2, this other game Aralon seems kind of interesting. While I doubt ill get it, if you are a fan of Western RPGs you should like it. It boasts a huge world with very deep complete gameplay. Plus, its universal.

iBlastMoki is free last time I checked. If you havent already, get this game. It is a very fun and polished physics puzzle game with a complete level editor and online sharing. I loved it when I bought it, and its a no-brainer to get it for free.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

I started googling this achievement, and it's become notoriously hard to get. People have even taken screenshots of every sack of gold location in the game. Some of them are downright diabolically placed.

And yeah, the Dungeon Defenders game doesn't look as good as IB, but the framerate looks silky smooth. :3 I'll check out iBlastMoki.

Oh, and IGN gave Shadow Guardian an 8.5. It almost looks as appealing as NOVA 2.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

GabeGreens wrote:

Just found out that this new Tower Defense/Action RPG is also running the Unreal Engine. Although not nearly as good looking as I would think, the game itself looks very interesting.

Awwwwwww....

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ReddLionz

Love the EA sale. I'm currently downloading Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and NFS: Hot Pursuit. Still saving up that cash for NOVA 2 and RR2. But, at least we got online multiplayer on the 1st one! That'll keep me entertained for a while.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

ASDFGHJKL

Now I really want Dungeon Defenders. It just looks like a fun original game. You have to protect crystals in this 3d castle. You begin by placing towers to keep enemies from getting to them like a regular TD game, but they only serve as a type of handicap, You then have to go yourself and protect it yourself in an Action RPG like fashion. You level up collect items and abilites, unlock new towers, etc. What seems like a lot of fun is the online coop multiplayer with full Gamecenter functionality (yup, its universal) and voice chat (only over wifi). looks like the RPG elements are pretty deep and the graphics look still pretty great and smooth with a great framerate. I think I will seriously consider getting this one.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yeah it looks pretty awesome. I was planning on getting it once I get some more store credit. :3

Edit: Apparently it won't run on 8GB 3GS iTouches. Just warning you.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Haha, I guess the Unreal Engine will be a Pain for anyone with weaker hardware. Hopefully an update would allow ALL 3GS users to play it. I still want it though.

ASDFGHJKL

SuperMarioFan96

Hey guys I was just wondering. I'm probably getting a new iTouch for Christmas and qute frankly I need the extra space. But I was wondering if my game save data will transfer to my new iTouch? I have a feeling it will be a no, but if there's a way I can (no jailbreaking please) then that would be greatly appreciated. I know the apps themselves will definetely transfer I just don't know about save data.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.