Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,099

ASDFGHJKL

Haha, ive been kinda busy, havent played as much as id want to. But ill get there. My goals: Get to level 40, master and OWN all equipment, reach the infinity blade and get all the achievements. Then I can say I finished the game (Even though the enemies still keep getting harder)

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

I own all equipment and it's all mastered, lol. I only have like... 5 achievements left, two of which are secret. Getting all world treasures is frustratingly hard. The rest won't be too hard though. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Was looking at the GOTY nominations in IGN. Surprisingly enough, Infinity Blade is nominated for GOTY in the overall category. WHile it has absolutely no chance of winning, I just found that kind of interesting.

ASDFGHJKL

Bankai

GabeGreens wrote:

Was looking at the GOTY nominations in IGN. Surprisingly enough, Infinity Blade is nominated for GOTY in the overall category. WHile it has absolutely no chance of winning, I just found that kind of interesting.

It's a hugely important game. It, along with Chaos Blade, are really the pioneers in exclusive, 'core' game experiences on the iOS devices.

retired_account

lol, I voted for Infinity Blade just for kicks. I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy 2 has any chance?

retired_account

edhe

Game Dev Story...does anyone own this game?

I threw £3 at it on an impulse yesterday, and when I got round to playing it today, I was hooked for 3 hours.

And now my iPod needs recharging. Damn the iPod and it's short battery life!

Basically, Game Dev Story is a management sim that everyone is familar with, but instead of stocking supermarket shelves or trimming old men's hair, you run a games development company.

You hire employees, who work on game ideas (for an initial cost), or outside projects (to raise quick cash for the studio) for a widening range of consoles (that parody real life consoles). You can buy advertising to increase buzz for the game in development and your studio, attend awards ceremonies and trade shows, and ultimately release your own system.

It's surprisingly deep for it's premise, although many iPod reviewers were quick to note it's high price.

I've obviously been spoiled by DSiWare's premium prices, and have no qualms about it.

I think it's ace!

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

retired_account

I've heard good things about it, but I don't believe it's for the iPad.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, i was going to get it, but then there was a sequel confirmed, so Im waiting for the sequel instead.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

A pretty cool twin stick shooter called Revolt is free today. I recommend checking it out. :3

retired_account

retired_account

Infinity Blade is getting an update next week. 5 new weapons, 5 new helmets, 5 new shields, a new suit of armor, and a new monster called the "Marrow Fiend". The big update is supposed to be set for January.

NOVA 2, Shadow Guardian, Real Racing 2, World of Goo (iPad only), Dungeon Defenders: First Wave, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Hook Worlds, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Pix'n Love Rush DX (iPad), and Geared 2 are all coming out at midnight tonight (PST, I believe).

I'm not sure if the iPad versions of the Gameloft games will be out, but it doesn't matter to me since I only have 91 cents left in my account, ha. I'm equally unsure of whether Real Racing 2 will be universal... I sure as heck hope it will, or there's precious little chance that I'll buy it. I'm definitely buying World of Goo as soon as I get the chance -- touch controls and the glorious iPad screen would fit that game perfectly. It's also 5 bucks cheaper than the WiiWare version.

Dungeon Defenders looks like a kickass action RPG/tower defense hybrid; it's also universal and has 4 player GameCenter multiplayer. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is surprisingly only 99 cents, but it also only has 4 player online (compared to Gameloft's 10). Lara Croft's a twin-stick shooter by Square Enix, which was well received on XBLA and PSN, I believe.

I've never seen Pix'n Love Rush before, but it looks awesome. Shame it's not a universal app, but I'll still probably buy it. Geared 2 looks like it has a level editor and some cool new gameplay elements, so I might check it out at some point.

retired_account

retired_account

Hey Waltz, I remember you saying you're a fan of the Sim City games, and the iPad one is only 99 cents right now.

A whole bunch of EA games are 99 cents right now, actually. I may have to get another card and pick up a few, lol.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

Digiki wrote:

Revolt was pretty fun!

Revolt was indeed fun. Thank ya Pix.

Capcom Arcade has also been updated. Controls in existing games have been tweaked, and SF2 Championship edition has been added.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

I don't really know, I've generally avoided them because of their high prices. Sim City Deluxe for iPad looks pretty good, but I'm not sure if there's an iPhone equivalent or not. Need for Speed: Shift was terrible (I paid 13 bucks for it too :/ ), and Hot Pursuit doesn't look any better. I'd definitely recommend Reckless Racing, though; I had a ton of fun with that one.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

List of what's on sale:

iPhone/iPod touch Games:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2, 99¢
Cause of Death: Can You Catch The Killer?, 99¢
Heroes Lore III, $1.99 → 99¢
High Caliber Hunting, $2.99 → 99¢
Pictureka!, $1.99 → 99¢
Reckless Racing, 99¢
Mirror's Edge, $4.99 → 99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, $4.99 → 99¢
Need For Speed Shift, $4.99 → 99¢
Need For Speed Undercover, $4.99 → 99¢
NBA Elite 11 By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
MMA By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
Fifa 11 By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
Fifa 10 By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
Madden NFL 11 By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
NCAA Football By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
Tiger Woods PGA Tour By EA Sports, 99¢
The Sims 3, $6.99 → 99¢
The Sims 3 Ambitions, $4.99 → 99¢
The Sims 3 World Adventures, $2.99 → 99¢
SimCity Deluxe, $2.99 → 99¢
Spore Creatures, 99¢
Spore Origins, 99¢
Lemonade Tycoon, 99¢
Monopoly, $2.99 → 99¢
Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition, $2.99 → 99¢
Risk: The Official Game, $4.99 → 99¢
Battleship, 99¢
Connect 4, 99¢
Boggle, 99¢
The Game Of Life Classic Edition, $2.99 → 99¢
Clue, 99¢
Trivial Pursuit, 99¢
Yahtzee Adventures, 99¢
Scrabble, $2.99 → 99¢
R Type, $1.99 → 99¢
Star Trek, 99¢
Skate It, 99¢
The Simpsons Arcade, $2.99 → 99¢
Dragon's Lair, 99¢
Surviving High School, 99¢
Command & Conquer: Red Alert, 99¢
Zombies & Me, $1.99 → 99¢
Mass Effect Galaxy, $1.99 → 99¢
Wolfenstein RPG, $1.99 → 99¢
Anytime Pool, $1.99 → 99¢
Tetris, $2.99 → 99¢
Sudoku, 99¢
American Idol: The Game, $1.99 → 99¢
Littlest Pet Shop, $2.99 → 99¢
Pandemonium, 99¢
Snood, 99¢
Mystery Mania, $1.99 → 99¢
Jewel Quest Mysteries, 99¢
iPad Games:

SimCity Deluxe for iPad, $6.99 → 99¢
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for iPad, $9.99 → 99¢
Need For Speed Shift for iPad, $9.99 → 99¢
Madden NFL 11 By EA Sports for iPad, $12.99 → 99¢
Mirror's Edge for iPad, $9.99 → 99¢
Reckless Racing HD, $4.99 → 99¢
Pictureka! for iPad, $4.99 → 99¢
Tetris for iPad, $7.99 → 99¢
Yahtzee HD, $4.99 → 99¢
Boggle for iPad, 99¢
Scrabble for iPad, $9.99 → 99¢
Command & Conquer Red Alert for iPad, $4.99 → 99¢
Clue: Secrets & Spies – A Hidden Object Game, $4.99 → 99¢
Snood for iPad, $4.99 → 99¢

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Shift is really that bad. The game has a visible racing line, and if you stay on it (which is really easy) you're guaranteed first place. You can turn it off but without it the game is godawful hard. You seriously have to stay on the racing line to take the turns right, and if you screw up it's impossible to catch up with the leaders.

Also the game looks terrible. It looks nowhere near as good as it does in the App Store screenshots. The cars are fine but the courses are really, really ugly.

retired_account

SpentAllMyTokens

Simpsons Arcade? I totally remember playing that as a kid back in the day. I would buy that so quickly if it came out on DSiWare, Wii Ware, or VCA. Couldn't play it without buttons though (suck at onscreen dpads). None of these sales really look all that interesting to me though.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.