Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,099

ASDFGHJKL

I saw you can get the Infinity Blade. SO is getting all the strongest items really that easy? I guess you will end up using weaker items just to level up...

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Well I bought a helmet that gives you Gold+++, so that made getting some equipment much easier. And yeah, after I beat the game I'll level up all the equipment in the game as a challenge. :3

Edit: Just beat it on Bloodline 6. Let's see if you can beat me! >:3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/113/1139626p1.html

Real Racing 2 is out for the iPhone on December 16th. I'm probably not going to buy it unless it's Universal. Apparently it supports 16 player online, so I'm assuming Firemint has their own server for multiplayer. If that's so, then iPhone and iPads can probably play with each other online (like Gameloft's games), which would be cool. Still hoping it'll be Universal though, since it's 9.99 on the iPhone and it has GameCenter support.

retired_account

SuperMarioFan96

2nd gen iTouch, but I might be getting a new one for Christmas. The Infinity Blade will be mine.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

ASDFGHJKL

That new Bit.Trip looks interesting. But is it the same game with just new content, or brand new?

Gah im loving Infinifty Blade. The RPG and battle portions seem to get better the farther you get. I was extremely close to beating that god-king's ass in my third bloodline, so Im hoping my child will avenge me. (Seriously, this game is showering me in cliches). I guess it only ends until you actually get the most out of the items and cant beat the next bloodline, which Im sure by then there will be new areas and items released. If done right, an update can really add much more to the game.

I really wanna try online Real Racing 2. 16 player online sounds like a lot of fun, especially if given a bit more than just random matchmaking for fun (maybe a ranking system?). Hopefully the multiplayer is cross platform.

Just saw Puzzle Quest 2 on the app store, looks interesting, but im spent out due to IB. But still, App Store gaming seems to be really shaping up.

ASDFGHJKL

SuperMarioFan96

Free? Sure why not.

Pretty amazing that a $5.99 game shot to the #1 spot. It's #3 now of course, but it's only behind the two Angry Birds games (of course, lol). Maybe one day I'll get to find out what's so great about it......

Anyone else notice a free holiday version of Cut the Rope was made available? I think it's meant as mainly just a demo, but it's at least slightly different from the main game with the holiday theme and the new "sock" power thing.......

My Backloggery

retired_account

Oh my gosh. It's Universal. Thank youuuu~ Downloading ASAP.

@Gabe: Yeah, I'm on my 10th Bloodline right now. I beat the god king for the second time last night, lol (and he was freaking level 100!!). I'm having a blast maxing out all my equipment. It's pretty danged challenging, especially since all of the enemies are progressively getting harder with each playthrough.

I'm really hoping that multiplayer will pit your characters against each other, rather than one of you having to control an oversized monster like in that Apple conference demo thing from a few months ago.

@SMF96: Yeah, lol, I already got 3 stars on all the levels. I still need to buy the full version of CTR.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

It seems like a lot of fun. Im still wondering how far you can get into the game after mastering all the gear.

Just pounced upon the God-King with my all-mighty power! Oh, did I mention this was my 5th bloodline?

Hopefully IB selling a lot will keep Chair updating the game, because a new path, new enemies, and new items would be great. Im still skeptical at how multiplayer will work, but Im sure it will be fun.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

I hate you Gabe D';

And am I the only guy who thinks Rafael Costa probably didn't kill almost 2 billion monsters? Either he didn't or he hasn't stopped playing the game since it came out. DDD:

retired_account

SuperMarioFan96

Oh, never mind on Bit.Trip, yet another "3rd gen iTouch and up" game....

My Backloggery

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, the overall leader-boards are just to easily hacked (as is with a lot of leader-boards) Leader-boards are much better when friends have the game so there is actually some fair competition.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yeah, I love friends leaderboards.

Also, it looks like each time you beat the god king he goes up 50 levels. I almost beat him at level 150, lol.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Haha, I love the endless nature of the game. Its like having an endless amount of difficulty settings lol.

Do you know what is the highest level you can get in this game (if there is such thing? Just wondering...

ASDFGHJKL

ReddLionz

@SMF
Yeah, same problem here. But Bit. Trip and Infinity Blade are the only two games I know of that are "3rd gen or above."
And I just noticed that Bit. Trip Beat has DLC entitled "Void Level Pack." Me wants. What happened to Core?

Gotta love the new Cut the Rope, right? I'm surpised they didn't add that as an update to the main game.

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

SpentAllMyTokens

Sweet. i'm getting Bit.Trip Blitz. I hadn't played any of gaijin's games before the demo of Runner and Lilt line (got it when it was free), and I loved them both. I wanted to get bit.trip games on the Wii, but this is a great opportunity to try it out and see if it's good enough on the iphone (not going to pay an extra 3 bucks for the game if I don't have too).

I get pretty much all of my iphone games when I find out here they're getting ported to WW/DSiWare, and they're usually on sale or have a free lite version from that point. It's great to demo on the iPhone, then decide if the controls are such where I can get away just fine with the cheaper app store version, or if they would be improved by buttons/being on the big screen. I think with the length of Bit's levels, I'll probably have to shell out for the Wii version, but we'll see.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

retired_account

@Gabe: heck yeah! Haha. Compared to other RPGs this has a hell of a lot more replay value. I'm loving it. Also, not sure about your last question... Maybe you should ask SeƱor Rafael Costa.

Blitz is okay. It only has like, half of the first level in the game, and the free version is riddled with ads and upgrade notices. I'm not sure if I'll buy it or not.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I already got the full version of Beat on both Wii and iOS.Id say the iOS version is superior. Its portable, has more difficulty options, a checkpoint system (both optional of course) and not to mention you can download extra levels. For the same price of the full game, you can get 3 new levels (doubling the length of the game. They have the same background and boss, but the music and beat patterns are different and are based on other Bit Trip games. Not to mention it has Game Center support for leaderboards and achievements. And it is a 3rd of the price of the WiiWare version.

Yeah, if IB does anything right is provide great replay value. Not to mention there is going to be more added regularily, which will really expand this game.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Do you have Blitz or the original iPhone version? Having a hard time deciding which one to buy.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.