Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,099

Xkhaoz

pixelman wrote:

Ohhhh... deeeeeeear...

Actual gameplay looks like it has potential, but the story sequences look absolutely godawful. And the main character is ****ing ugly.

I agree with you on the story sequences. Uuuuuugggghhhhh. But it does remind me of Phantasy Star Online.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

ReddLionz

Does anyone have PewPewLand? I kind of found it out of nowhere but it's a great tower defense game that I spread around to a bunch of my friends.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

retired_account

@Mickeymac: Yes, the running around, lol. The framerate looked smooth, the animations were smooth, and the graphics were nice. Yeah, we didn't get to see any battles, but it still looks promising.

Now if only there was a way to delete the character's face. And his voice. And replace it with something less disturbing.... like this:

Untitled

retired_account

CanisWolfred

So Epic Citadel won't play on my iTouch, meaning neither will Infinite Blade. I wonder if it's worth saving up for an iPhone, or maybe an iPad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Oh noes! DDD:

It's worth it, btw. :3

Oh oh, and Samurai II: Dojo is a free universal app with GameCenter. Worth checking out.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

Oh noes! DDD:

It's worth it, btw. :3

Cool. I'll save up for the iPhone at least, since I lack a cellphone now. Oh no wait, I have $200 saved up already...but that's for a PS3.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Looks like Gameloft is on another ripping off spree. There is FF, Starcraft, and Uncharted to be replicated on your phone

Eternal Legacy's trailer was pretty bad. I mean, the voice acting was just.....embarrassing.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

Just finished BIT.TRIP.Beat! (Well thanks to the new checkpoint system ) which makes me feel good about myself. I love this game, and am probably gonna buy some extra levels.

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Well, so long as the battle system is better than the one in FFXIII...

It won't be. It's a Gameloft game.

Aye, but if there's one thing Gameloft can get right, it's the gameplay. Sure they do it by copying others, but right now, I just hope they copy any game but FFXIII when it comes to the battle system.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Aye, but if there's one thing Gameloft can get right, it's the gameplay. Sure they do it by copying others, but right now, I just hope they copy any game but FFXIII when it comes to the battle system.

No they don't. There's not been a single case where Gameloft have produced a game that is better than the original they're ripping off.

And in the RPG arena - Crystal Monsters or whatever it's called is appalling compared to Pokemon. Dungeon Hunter is a terrible copy of the Diablo or Baldurs Gate (PS2) style action RPG.

Poor level design, grad school-quality aesthetics, programming short cuts, uninspired music, terrible plots - everything that makes an A-class game, Gameloft is seriously deficient at.

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

No they don't. There's not been a single case where Gameloft have produced a game that is better than the original they're ripping off.

And in the RPG arena - Crystal Monsters or whatever it's called is appalling compared to Pokemon. Dungeon Hunter is a terrible copy of the Diablo or Baldurs Gate (PS2) style action RPG.

Poor level design, grad school-quality aesthetics, programming short cuts, uninspired music, terrible plots - everything that makes an A-class game, Gameloft is seriously deficient at.

Just so long as they don't use the terrible battle system from FFXIII they'll already have a better game. Really, Out of the 50+ RPGs I've play, I've only experienced one game with a worse battle system, and that was Phantasy Star II, where the battles were forced on Full-Auto. Even the most basic and generic battle system would be an improvement in this case, and I can already tell from the screen shot that they're doing something different from FFXIII, so I'm already confident enough that I'll enjoy it. Now all that's left is to find out the price and whether or not I can run it (what, is this PC gaming now?!).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Just so long as they don't use the terrible battle system from FFXIII they'll already have a better game. Really, Out of the 50+ RPGs I've play, I've only experienced one game with a worse battle system, and that was Phantasy Star II, where the battles were forced on Full-Auto. Even the most basic and generic battle system would be an improvement in this case, and I can already tell from the screen shot that they're doing something different from FFXIII, so I'm already confident enough that I'll enjoy it. Now all that's left is to find out the price and whether or not I can run it (what, is this PC gaming now?!).

See, I loved the combat system in FFXIII.

Also, you need to buy an iPad.

ASDFGHJKL

Gameloft's games, imo, are either a hit or a miss. Dungeon Hunter was pretty bad, but MC2 is very fun with great online gameplay. Their later games have been getting better, and hopefully one day they will try something a little more original.

Also, Infinity Blade comes this week Zenbound 2 is pretty fun, worth a dollar.

iOS gaming is like the handheld version of PC gaming. It keeps growing slowly to the point your hardware gets outdated and you need to update.

ASDFGHJKL

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.