Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,099

retired_account

I like TradeNations' art and theme more though. Plus, damn it, I need NL friends playing Trade Nations!!!! I'm NL_pixelman on it if either of you guys end up getting into it.

Edit: Hmm, I might've already left Gabe, or I didn't start a match yet. And I'm really hoping it's five bucks... Rage is only 2 bucks and it looks almost as good as Infinity Blade. Anyway, gonna download Settlers and maybe Reckless Racing since they're both 99 cents right now. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

CanisWolfred

Trade Nations crashed during the tutorial for no reason whatsoever, so I'm gonna have to say no to that. Sad, since it does seems like a good game otherwise.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Really? Odd, I haven't had any crashes with that one. Have you restarted your iThing lately?

retired_account

retired_account

I'd recommend steering clear of The Settlers. It doesn't have a Skirmish mode, which makes no sense at all for a game in its genre. I'm sure I'll get some fun out of it (99 cents worth, anyway), but I don't see it being one of my favorite iPad games ever, and I certainly feel my 99 cents could've better spent elsewhere.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

Really? Odd, I haven't had any crashes with that one. Have you restarted your iThing lately?

Been using it one way or another daily for the past 6 months. Oh well, Stardunk will keep my occupied for a while.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Just dloaded Super Mega Worm.....wow. This game is messed up. But insanely fun and addictive. You guys need better scores, I destroyed yours on my first try.

I dont like Farmville-like games much, pix.

Rage HD looks fun but I think I might skip, I really like my games un-gory for the most part, but it sure looks nice. But no leaderboards means no buy with that type of game, especially when it is actually universal.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

pixelman wrote:

I'd recommend steering clear of The Settlers. It doesn't have a Skirmish mode, which makes no sense at all for a game in its genre. I'm sure I'll get some fun out of it (99 cents worth, anyway), but I don't see it being one of my favorite iPad games ever, and I certainly feel my 99 cents could've better spent elsewhere.

If your gonna try a Gameloft game, id recommend Asphalt 5. I have it on my Android phone and its pretty fun.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

@Gabe: Yeah, I've been waiting on a 99 cent sale for that one. Also, I didn't buy Rage, I meant graphically it looked almost as good as IB. I probably won't buy it either.

And yeah, that was my exact reaction when i played SMW, lol. And I think my current score is higher than yours, it just hasn't been submitted yet since it's still in progress. :3

Oh btw, Asphalt 6 is supposed to be out this December, along with NOVA 2. :3

retired_account

ReddLionz

Hmm...yeah, not sure if I will buy Asphalt 5 or wait and buy 6 for 5X the price...
But yeah N.O.V.A 2 sounds cool. Anyone have the first one?

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

ASDFGHJKL

pixelman wrote:

@Gabe: Yeah, I've been waiting on a 99 cent sale for that one. Also, I didn't buy Rage, I meant graphically it looked almost as good as IB. I probably won't buy it either.

And yeah, that was my exact reaction when i played SMW, lol. And I think my current score is higher than yours, it just hasn't been submitted yet since it's still in progress. :3

Oh btw, Asphalt 6 is supposed to be out this December, along with NOVA 2. :3

And also there is an Uncharted clone coming (Damn, Gameloft is on a roll. When does our Fallout clone come?)

Super Mega Worm is probably the most fun ive had in a looooong time. I love this, as messed up as it is.

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

N.O.V.A.! That's the name of the crumby FPS that got a bunch of awards! Gah, that game was not fun. And I think the problem just has to do with me not updating yet.;

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

@ReddLionz: I do. It's okay -- MC2 is better in every way.

Also, I just completely and utterly destroyed everyone's Super Mega Worm scores.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

N.O.V.A.! That's the name of the crumby FPS that got a bunch of awards! Gah, that game was not fun.

Of course not. It's a freaking Gameloft game.

Smart business model, horrible games developer and publisher.

Right, I guess I didn't see that. $5 down the tube. )= But it was my first purchase, so that was bound to happen.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Hey now, Gameloft's not so bad. Okay fine, their games are blatant ripoffs of popular console games, but if you take the time to learn their controls then some of their games are really fun to play. I've sinked over 25 hours into Modern Combat 2, and I had a blast with Zombie Infection.

Btw, Gabe, you need to get Monster Dash too, lol. GDI GameCenter's really awesome when you can actually compare scores. Why does it have to overlook so many mandatory features? >:[

retired_account

Xkhaoz

Sooo.... pix....how's your iOS game going?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Bankai

pixelman wrote:

Hey now, Gameloft's not so bad. Okay fine, their games are blatant ripoffs of popular console games, but if you take the time to learn their controls then some of their games are really fun to play. I've sinked over 25 hours into Modern Combat 2, and I had a blast with Zombie Infection.

Btw, Gabe, you need to get Monster Dash too, lol. GDI GameCenter's really awesome when you can actually compare scores. Why does it have to overlook so many mandatory features? >:[

I could understand people buying Gameloft games on iPhone/ iPad, if they didn't also own a Wii, Xbox, PS3 or DS. But most people do, so they might as well get the original, not-cheap-knock-off version, and stick to original games on the iPad.

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I could understand people buying Gameloft games on iPhone/ iPad, if they didn't also own a Wii, Xbox, PS3 or DS. But most people do, so they might as well get the original, not-cheap-knock-off version, and stick to original games on the iPad.

That's what I do, but I'm gonna give Asphalt 5 and N.O.V.A. a second chance, just in case.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

pixelman wrote:

@ReddLionz: I do. It's okay -- MC2 is better in every way.

Also, I just completely and utterly destroyed everyone's Super Mega Worm scores.

Dont worry, I took the liberty of doubling your "destroying" score.

Some of Gameloft's games are actually not that bad. MC2 has an awesome online mode. Its rather simple, but very addicting.

Im at 11 bucks right now Pix, so unless I get another card Im not buying till I know more bout Infinity Blade. And yes, Game Center is great when you have friends with the same game, which makes me hope for more universal games or an HD-to-Iphone solution. As for chatting, Im gonna guess since these are not gaming only devices that we would probably be able to communicate with each other using another app. But still, some chatting would be great. the interface is quicker and simpler than its 3rd party counterparts and Im sure it will improve.

Edited on by ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.