Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,132

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ASDFGHJKL

121. Posted:

Stardunk is a fun free arcade game to check out.

For some reason when I accepted your invite pix, it said it could not find you.

I know Apple predicts a November release, so I think this week would be a great time, but we will see. Chair says it will be "affordable" which could really be anything between 15 and 1 buck. From the sound of the game, I'm expecting 5 bucks.

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

122. Posted:

I like TradeNations' art and theme more though. Plus, damn it, I need NL friends playing Trade Nations!!!! I'm NL_pixelman on it if either of you guys end up getting into it.

Edit: Hmm, I might've already left Gabe, or I didn't start a match yet. And I'm really hoping it's five bucks... Rage is only 2 bucks and it looks almost as good as Infinity Blade. Anyway, gonna download Settlers and maybe Reckless Racing since they're both 99 cents right now. :3

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

123. Posted:

Trade Nations crashed during the tutorial for no reason whatsoever, so I'm gonna have to say no to that. Sad, since it does seems like a good game otherwise.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

124. Posted:

Really? Odd, I haven't had any crashes with that one. Have you restarted your iThing lately?

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

125. Posted:

I'd recommend steering clear of The Settlers. It doesn't have a Skirmish mode, which makes no sense at all for a game in its genre. I'm sure I'll get some fun out of it (99 cents worth, anyway), but I don't see it being one of my favorite iPad games ever, and I certainly feel my 99 cents could've better spent elsewhere.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

126. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Really? Odd, I haven't had any crashes with that one. Have you restarted your iThing lately?

Been using it one way or another daily for the past 6 months. Oh well, Stardunk will keep my occupied for a while.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ASDFGHJKL

127. Posted:

Just dloaded Super Mega Worm.....wow. This game is messed up. But insanely fun and addictive. You guys need better scores, I destroyed yours on my first try.

I dont like Farmville-like games much, pix.

Rage HD looks fun but I think I might skip, I really like my games un-gory for the most part, but it sure looks nice. But no leaderboards means no buy with that type of game, especially when it is actually universal.

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ASDFGHJKL

128. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

I'd recommend steering clear of The Settlers. It doesn't have a Skirmish mode, which makes no sense at all for a game in its genre. I'm sure I'll get some fun out of it (99 cents worth, anyway), but I don't see it being one of my favorite iPad games ever, and I certainly feel my 99 cents could've better spent elsewhere.

If your gonna try a Gameloft game, id recommend Asphalt 5. I have it on my Android phone and its pretty fun.

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

129. Posted:

@Gabe: Yeah, I've been waiting on a 99 cent sale for that one. Also, I didn't buy Rage, I meant graphically it looked almost as good as IB. I probably won't buy it either.

And yeah, that was my exact reaction when i played SMW, lol. And I think my current score is higher than yours, it just hasn't been submitted yet since it's still in progress. :3

Oh btw, Asphalt 6 is supposed to be out this December, along with NOVA 2. :3

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ReddLionz

130. Posted:

Hmm...yeah, not sure if I will buy Asphalt 5 or wait and buy 6 for 5X the price...
But yeah N.O.V.A 2 sounds cool. Anyone have the first one?

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ASDFGHJKL

131. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

@Gabe: Yeah, I've been waiting on a 99 cent sale for that one. Also, I didn't buy Rage, I meant graphically it looked almost as good as IB. I probably won't buy it either.

And yeah, that was my exact reaction when i played SMW, lol. And I think my current score is higher than yours, it just hasn't been submitted yet since it's still in progress. :3

Oh btw, Asphalt 6 is supposed to be out this December, along with NOVA 2. :3

And also there is an Uncharted clone coming (Damn, Gameloft is on a roll. When does our Fallout clone come?)

Super Mega Worm is probably the most fun ive had in a looooong time. I love this, as messed up as it is.

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

132. Posted:

N.O.V.A.! That's the name of the crumby FPS that got a bunch of awards! Gah, that game was not fun.:( And I think the problem just has to do with me not updating yet.:);

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

133. Posted:

@ReddLionz: I do. It's okay -- MC2 is better in every way.

Also, I just completely and utterly destroyed everyone's Super Mega Worm scores. :)

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

134. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

N.O.V.A.! That's the name of the crumby FPS that got a bunch of awards! Gah, that game was not fun.:(

Of course not. It's a freaking Gameloft game.

Smart business model, horrible games developer and publisher.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

135. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

N.O.V.A.! That's the name of the crumby FPS that got a bunch of awards! Gah, that game was not fun.:(

Of course not. It's a freaking Gameloft game.

Smart business model, horrible games developer and publisher.

Right, I guess I didn't see that. $5 down the tube. )= But it was my first purchase, so that was bound to happen.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

136. Posted:

Hey now, Gameloft's not so bad. Okay fine, their games are blatant ripoffs of popular console games, but if you take the time to learn their controls then some of their games are really fun to play. I've sinked over 25 hours into Modern Combat 2, and I had a blast with Zombie Infection.

Btw, Gabe, you need to get Monster Dash too, lol. GDI GameCenter's really awesome when you can actually compare scores. Why does it have to overlook so many mandatory features? >:[

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

137. Posted:

Sooo.... pix....how's your iOS game going?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

138. Posted:

How much does Super Mega Worm usually cost?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

139. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Hey now, Gameloft's not so bad. Okay fine, their games are blatant ripoffs of popular console games, but if you take the time to learn their controls then some of their games are really fun to play. I've sinked over 25 hours into Modern Combat 2, and I had a blast with Zombie Infection.

Btw, Gabe, you need to get Monster Dash too, lol. GDI GameCenter's really awesome when you can actually compare scores. Why does it have to overlook so many mandatory features? >:[

I could understand people buying Gameloft games on iPhone/ iPad, if they didn't also own a Wii, Xbox, PS3 or DS. But most people do, so they might as well get the original, not-cheap-knock-off version, and stick to original games on the iPad.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

140. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Hey now, Gameloft's not so bad. Okay fine, their games are blatant ripoffs of popular console games, but if you take the time to learn their controls then some of their games are really fun to play. I've sinked over 25 hours into Modern Combat 2, and I had a blast with Zombie Infection.

Btw, Gabe, you need to get Monster Dash too, lol. GDI GameCenter's really awesome when you can actually compare scores. Why does it have to overlook so many mandatory features? >:[

I could understand people buying Gameloft games on iPhone/ iPad, if they didn't also own a Wii, Xbox, PS3 or DS. But most people do, so they might as well get the original, not-cheap-knock-off version, and stick to original games on the iPad.

That's what I do, but I'm gonna give Asphalt 5 and N.O.V.A. a second chance, just in case.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~