Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,101. Posted:

@Slapshot I wouldn't really call that "utilizing". When I think of that, I think of something that could only run on the device. Like Infinity Blade 2.

Just because a game is looking cleaner doesn't necessarily mean that it's really making the most of the power of the machine. It's like running a Wii game through a dolphin emulator. Yeah, it makes it look better, but any game made for the ground up for an HD device is going to look leaps and bounds better than that. That's what I was asking about.

Also, I don't really think I"m a hater. I play'd lots of stuff on my iPod touch before I ran out of good stuff to play because devs stopped making stuff that would work on my ipod. I'm aware of all the fantastic games on it (Bastion, TWEWY, Chaos Rings, Real Racing series, etc.) I just see no games outside of the possible exception of Real Racing 3 that make me think "hot digity darn, that's way better than anything the Vita could handle". If you could tell about such games, then that would be appreciated.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Lan

1,102. Posted:

So how well do joysticks for capacitive screens work? Final Fantasy 3 is pretty hard to play with that crappy virtual joystick.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,103. Posted:

Lan wrote:

So how well do joysticks for capacitive screens work? Final Fantasy 3 is pretty hard to play with that crappy virtual joystick.

That why you get a Sony Xperia Play. ;-)

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

1,104. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

I love the iOS haters - I really do. I sit down and show people the things on my iPad, because every single time I get the exact same reaction: "Wow! I had no idea that I could play games like that on an iPad!" :D

Isn't this the truth. The misconceptions around iOS gaming are mindblowing sometimes.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Swiket

1,105. Posted:

Spaceteam is SO fun if you can get four people playing it. And it's free.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,106. Posted:

Anyone playing Puzzles and Dragons? Its pokemon meets bejewled.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

rayword45

1,107. Posted:

NiMH's thread has shown me how iOS-saturated this place is.

So... Who else has an Android phone? Any good games you can recommend? Severely lacking rhythm game love minus Tap Tap (total poo IMO, prefer faster-paced games to be on the PC like Flash Flash Revolution) and shoddy games like Finger Dance. Still waiting for that ReRave port, hoping for stuff like Groove Coaster.

Edited on by theblackdragon

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

NImH

1,108. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

NiMH's thread has shown me how iOS-saturated this place is.

So... Who else has an Android phone? Any good games you can recommend? Severely lacking rhythm game love minus Tap Tap (total poo IMO, prefer faster-paced games to be on the PC like Flash Flash Revolution) and shoddy games like Finger Dance. Still waiting for that ReRave port, hoping for stuff like Groove Coaster.

Argh. Thanks @rayword45. I'm totally clueless about mobile gaming and admittedly, I've been a bit of a bigot toward the genre. Now that I have a Droid phone, I'm eating my words. Do any members of this fine Nintendo community have any suggestions on some good games with substance I can put on my mobile?

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37

AuthorMessage

rayword45

1,109. Posted:

Other genres (I don't use my phone for games much because of the lack, mostly prefer using it for movies and music)

Rhythm Game: ReRave (worth the wait for this to be released). Other then that, Bit.Trip Beat. Personally wouldn't touch Tap Tap with a 9-and-a-half foot pole.
Simulation: Zen Pinball
Platformer: You can find tons, but controls are usually shoddy. Only action-based one I can think of is Gunman Clive
Puzzlers: This is where platformers shine moreso. Karoshi and Toki Tori are both awesome
Visual Novel: Surviving High School (Really cheesy, but not much in the way of VNs anyways)
Strategy: Swords and Soldiers/Bloons Tower Defense 4
Mindless gameplay: Any Bejeweled clone. Screw Rovio.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,110. Posted:

Hook Champ is on Android. Get it. Now.
It's basically a platformer where you move with a hook. It's fun, addictive, and funny.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,111. Posted:

Baroque, one of the better Wii RPGs is now on iPad for free download (pay money for the full game etcetc)

Really worth the download. Takes a little tweaking to be comfortable (by default the camera controls are too slow) but once you're there it's as good as the Wii/ PS2 game. Hardcore difficulty, dark setting, action roguelike style. Great stuff.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

rayword45

1,112. Posted:

Didn't see Hook Champ on the Play Store.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

NImH

1,113. Posted:

I downloaded Jetpack Joyride and Kung Fu Master... Shallow yet fun! I can dig it.

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,114. Posted:

I'm a huge fan of the old Bard's Tale series. After I picked up my iPhone, I hopped on the App Store and saw it was available for download. I picked up the pack that includes the new game as well as the three old ones.

I hear it's also available for Android. Great games imo!

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,115. Posted:

Magi wrote:

I'm a huge fan of the old Bard's Tale series. After I picked up my iPhone, I hopped on the App Store and saw it was available for download. I picked up the pack that includes the new game as well as the three old ones.

I hear it's also available for Android. Great games imo!

Yeah, it's a brilliant download. Compatible with the 60beat controller, too, which is a nice touch for people who refuse to learn how to use touch controls.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,116. Posted:

Ok, Baroque is one of my favourite iPad games of all time now. Excellent port of an excellent hardcore (as in more hardcore than Demon's Souls) hardcore JRPG. And people says the iPad has no hardcore games, lol

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,117. Posted:

Of course, right when I'm looking for a simple, pick-up-and-play arcadey game, Halfbrick makes their latest brand of crack free. Seriously, those guys really know how to make simple, yet fun and especially charming games, thanks in no small part to their creative use of achievements (well, "missions," actually, since they still have standard achievements for Gamecenter, too), and Jetpack Joyride is no exception. Seriously played this game for, like, 40 minutes straight, which is exceptional for a game of this nature and my usually very short attention span.

BTW, who is Jarvan Zheitk on Gamecenter? I just kicked your record's butt on Jetpack. ;)

Anybody know how EPOCH. is? I'm thinking of giving that a try. I like robots.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,118. Posted:

Dang, Baroque is free? What kind of iPads does it work on?

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,119. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Dang, Baroque is free? What kind of iPads does it work on?

$10 to unlock everything, so it's an extended demo for free, essentially.

It works on my iPad 3rd gen fine. Not sure about other platforms.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,120. Posted:

I see a compromise has been made. Bravo.

I should really try out that Paper App...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~