Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,041. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

So. iPad Mini in a week. Exciting!

Yes! I can't wait to buy mine the day it releases. Heck, I'll probably take vacation just so I can stand in line to get mine ASAP! :D

Oh, Carmageddon is now live on the iOS Marketplace and it's FREE for today ONLY. So go download it right now:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carmageddon/id498240451?mt=8

And there's this guy named Terry Cavanagh, that I'm sure that most of you don't know who he is, but anyway, some little game that he developed called Don't Look Back is also available on the iOS Marketplace. Oh, and it's Free too:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dont-look-back/id568668228?ls...

Merry Christmas, Happy Halloween and Astalavista! :D

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,042. Posted:

That was great. The controls were a tad annoying, but man... I love these atmospheric, minimalistic indie games.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Hokori

1,043. Posted:

Adam wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

mobile gaming bores me

Oh, you go, big guy!

Wubadubadub is that true?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,044. Posted:

Aye, new game to tell you about today: True Skate.

This game has slapped my brain so hard with amazement today that it's still keeping a consistent little throb of pain. I mean... Wow! It's tough as nails, but just as impressive as the first time I played EA's Skate. While it's only got one course and a handful of missions within it, you'll be playing around in this concrete playground for hours on end. Definitely worth the $2 it cost to get through the gate!

Edited on by Slapshot

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,045. Posted:

Has anyone tried Symphonica Square's classical version of Theatrhythm? You can buy them by chapters or get the whole set for $15. Plus the first three chapters are free for you guys to try out. I liked the Theatrhythm demo, but this is something I'd love to play on my Android. So if anyone is interested, please share your thoughts.
Untitled
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,046. Posted:

@Onikato If you liked Symphonica, you'll love Cytus! ;)

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,047. Posted:

A little unrelated to discussion, but I just wanted to say it's just struck me how powerful tablets have become in relation to handhelds, especially the newer 7-inch ones. Take the Google Nexus 7, for instance:

• Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (latest Android OS)
  • Quad-core Tegra 3 processor with a 12-core GPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1280x800 full HD-res screen
  • Eight hours of battery life (active use)

More powerful than a Vita (just comparing specs-wise, no gaming debates here) and the Nexus 7 is only priced starting at £159/$199. That's amazing.

And with plenty of awesome $1-5 games for cheapskates like me, I should totally try mobile gaming too some time. Rayman Jungle Run and The Last Express look awesome, and a lot of others too.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,048. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

More powerful than a Vita (just comparing specs-wise, no gaming debates here) and the Nexus 7 is only priced starting at £159/$199. That's amazing!

Welcome to the club of those who are starting to really figure it out. Yes, you can indeed get a Nexus 7 (insanely awesome tablet) very cheaply and after you do, you'll realize that there are games on mobile devices that are great fun and for very little cost to the consumer. But, so many people buy these tablets and only download (garbage) freemium games and come back with the, "these games aren't real games...." nonsense. It's just like with your gaming consoles, if you want good games, you're going to pay for them. Do it and you'll be very happy you did.

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,049. Posted:

I still find most action games need buttons, personally, but tablets are definitely the better option for turn-based gaming in general.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,050. Posted:

Punch Quest and Letterpress are insanely awesome — like top 5 iOS games awesome. Both are free, so you guys definitely should check 'em out.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

1,051. Posted:

Thanks for the Letterpress recommendation, it's really fun.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,052. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

A little unrelated to discussion, but I just wanted to say it's just struck me how powerful tablets have become in relation to handhelds, especially the newer 7-inch ones. Take the Google Nexus 7, for instance:

• 1GB RAM

More powerful than a Vita (just comparing specs-wise, no gaming debates here) and the Nexus 7 is only priced starting at £159/$199. That's amazing.

And with plenty of awesome $1-5 games for cheapskates like me, I should totally try mobile gaming too some time. Rayman Jungle Run and The Last Express look awesome, and a lot of others too.

It is indeed more powerful than a Vita. How many games actually utilize that power, though? I can think of a few, like Shadowrun (I think that's what it's called; it's a third person shooter) and Epoch.
And let's not forget about the Vita having buttons and sticks to utilize for playing games.
I'm not saying that the Nexus isn't worth buying, but seeing as the Vita was made for the purpose of playing games, there will be more stuff for it that is taking advantage of the tech that's there.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,053. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

• 1GB RAM

It is indeed more powerful than a Vita. How many games actually utilize that power, though? I can think of a few, like Shadowrun (I think that's what it's called; it's a third person shooter) and Epoch.
And let's not forget about the Vita having buttons and sticks to utilize for playing games.
I'm not saying that the Nexus isn't worth buying, but seeing as the Vita was made for the purpose of playing games, there will be more stuff for it that is taking advantage of the tech that's there.

Shadowgun? Epoch? Pffft. This is what a real mobile game looks like nowadays.

Untitled

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,054. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

moomoo wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

• 1GB RAM

Shadowgun? Epoch? Pffft. This is what a real mobile game looks like nowadays.

Untitled

I implore you, name games that look like that outside of Infinity Blade and its sequel.
Also, we're talking about the Nexus, so... somewhat irrelevant.
There's a difference between capability and what is actually being put out. Very, very few mobile games push the hardware past a low threshold.
I'm not saying they suck; I'm just saying that few developers are going to put the same budgets behind mobile games as Vita games.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,055. Posted:

I'm not saying they suck; I'm just saying that few developers are going to put the same budgets behind mobile games as Vita games.

For now. As premium-priced tablet/ phone games start to become more commercially viable, this will change.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,056. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

For now. As premium-priced tablet/ phone games start to become more commercially viable, this will change.

I agree with you, at least to a certain extent. But even with the few amount of games coming to dedicated gaming handhelds by comparison, there will still be more high profile experiences on those than on devices not made primarily for video games. Nearly everyone who buys a dedicated handheld is willing to spend lots of money on their games. That is not true for a large portion of people with tablets, since they are much more versatile in what they do.

If dedicated handhelds start to die off, however, then that's a different story.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,057. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

I agree with you, at least to a certain extent. But even with the few amount of games coming to dedicated gaming handhelds by comparison, there will still be more high profile experiences on those than on devices not made primarily for video games. Nearly everyone who buys a dedicated handheld is willing to spend lots of money on their games. That is not true for a large portion of people with tablets, since they are much more versatile in what they do.

If dedicated handhelds start to die off, however, then that's a different story.

PC gaming is alive and well despite (and quite the premium way to play games) despite suffering from all the "problems" you just outlined above.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,058. Posted:

Symphonica is very fun so far. Mildly overwhelming, but fun. I'd say I like it more than Theatrhythm so far. Thanks, Onikato!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,059. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

moomoo wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

PC gaming is alive and well despite (and quite the premium way to play games) despite suffering from all the "problems" you just outlined above.

That's actually a pretty good point. However, the experiences on PC often outshine those on consoles, at least for most of the cases I can think of. Mobile gaming, on the other hand, doesn't do that; intstead, the games that are the best on Mobile are greatly different than those on consoles. The example that always springs to mind for me is Hook Champ; it's incredibly fun, much so because it's something that would only really work well on mobile devices. It also sold very well. Maybe that's what I should have brought up first.

Also, pretty much everyone owns a PC. Not so for the tablet market. Although that will probably change in due time. Additionally, PC gaming doesn't exactly outshine console gaming in terms of sales, unless if we're talking about stuff that is specific to the platform (which lines up with my above point) or is made by Valve.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,060. Posted:

We just pointed out that the newer tablets outshine what even the Vita can offer.

I have iPad games that the Vita could not possibly run.